Bankroll management ... serious question!

Z

zc13expert

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Regarding the handling of the bank, I have the following doubt. Does it have to be in the poker machine you use ?.

Because my question, if I have it outside the ATM, how does the situation change?

Suppose I play sits and go for $ 15, for which I need a bankroll of at least 1500 dollars, but I make deposits of 200 or 300 dollars and if I lose them I make a deposit again, what difference does it make to have them in the cashier of the poker site to have them in my bank account?

B

BatOneHat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion, if you have committed the $1500 and you are going to use it if needed, then I don’t see a big difference. However, there could be bonuses that you could miss out on by only putting in small chunks at a time.

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For a poker player, in live poker or online, the bankroll is not only the money that is in the cash register, the bankroll is generally all the money that you have, so do not worry about your bankroll management, you are playing about the bankroll.
Good luck at the poker tables :D

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think there is no significant difference. You can keep your bankroll where it is most convenient for you. But the main thing is that you do not spend more than you can afford to spend.

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
If you withdraw more than you deposit then you can continue with this, in the end the important thing is to make a profit. The difference of having it in your bank account is that you can spend it on more important things

Juan Oro

Juan Oro

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Regarding the handling of the bank, I have the following doubt. Does it have to be in the poker machine you use ?.

Because my question, if I have it outside the ATM, how does the situation change?

Suppose I play sits and go for $ 15, for which I need a bankroll of at least 1500 dollars, but I make deposits of 200 or 300 dollars and if I lose them I make a deposit again, what difference does it make to have them in the cashier of the poker site to have them in my bank account?
it seems that it is the same to have them on the gaming platform or in your personal bank account, the only advantage of having it outside is that you follow a discipline of game and the deposit limit per days or weekly can control your bankroll, you have to take into account if you play cash games or tournaments and the level at which you play and have a schedule of games or tournaments in which you are going to register,take into account how much the volume of your game will be and how much you will spend on tickets and leave only buyns for registrations and only withdraw your winnings, unless you lose by lowering your game volume and need to make another deposit.

T

thefly1973

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess it makes no difference were you put your bankroll

If you deposit 200 euro and start playing with it keep in mind that if you have a downswing you can easily end at 0 (as you play on relative high buyin vs the 200 euro bankroll)
Of course if you are in a good flow it could be that you double up in one day.

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I consider my bankroll to be the amount I have in my account at the poker site when talking about online poker of course. That way, I can withdraw once a week or a month any amount I would have in addition to it or play in lower stakes if I have less.
If you play live, the most important thing is that your bankroll should be separated from your living expenses.

perrypip

perrypip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The most important thing about your bankroll is its money set aside for poker and isn't needed for any living expenses, present or future. Were you keep it isn't all that important you can just keep enough on poker sites to play. But if it's in the same bank account as your checking or savings keep in mind its not for spending money or savings put away for the future. Its money you could lose due to poker variance.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
You are right there is no difference. I think that the main purpose of the correct bankroll is not how much money you have in your poker client, but whether you can freely make the right decisions while playing poker without getting stuck on money !!!

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you make notes regularly how much you deposit, win and loose there is no difference. Having all the money deposited in the beginning will just make calculations easier.

P

pvenditto88

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Risk whatever you're willing to lose as poker is gambling in the short term.

offeron

offeron

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fish often play at inflated limits, so they quickly lose their bankroll

nikolaevich87

nikolaevich87

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
bankroll management must be followed in order not to lose everything! if you do, meaning you play no more than 1% of your bankroll per session, you will be safe from losing money.

CJMcC84

CJMcC84

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Got to agree with the answers so far..

It doesn’t matter where it is kept, as long as you play to your bankroll..

The 2 important factors..

*Discipline..
*Target / Exit Strategy..

bruno13xs

bruno13xs

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I am very bad at managing my bank. whenever I take a look it is already in critical condition kkkk

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Always great to read a "serious question" remark in the subject. It doesn't matter where you keep it, as long as you are factoring the amount allocated for those buy-ins.

Adi8877

Adi8877

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion, it depends on the mentality of the given person. My personal experience, it is better to keep the main part of the money out from the poker account, as I have some tilts, 'black outs' when I easily can make it 0, quiet fast. Fortunately, it does not happen a lot, and I can withdraw more than I deposit, even that I tip for the transaction costs, what I could avoid.
However I know other type of players, whose stressing to play, if they do not have the 100, 200 buyins on their accounts, but they take the bankroll thing on their poker account really seriously and they can handle bad beats, tilts, when they go nuts, without burning their account.
You should know which version is better for you. I think, it is worthy to decide, can save some money - without that, I would definitely lose all my poker winnings from the last half year....

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Best advice I've got from people is, don't play with scared money.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bankroll management is basically a way to properly structure your game. In the sense that the rules that you set for yourself, depending on the amount, the goals of which you want to achieve, must be unshakable for you. For example, you can read about Chris Ferguson's bankroll management system.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It makes no difference, where you keep the money, as long as it is accessible and dedicated for poker. For some people it can be easier to manage though, if its sitting in the poker account, especially if you only play on one site. If it sits in the same bank account, which you also use to pay your rent and buy food, is it then really a poker bankroll? For a lot of people there will be a temptation to use the money for something else.

C

chalghaf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

i think if you deposit the whole $1500 , you are commited to use it if you needed , but if you only deposit $200 or $300 , maybe you would reconsider depositing the rest if you win or lose , if you win well it obvious cuz you dont need to deposit more to play , but in the case you lose maybe you decide to end it for the day or take few days break before getting back on the grind !
either way i think how you manage your bankroll can be different from one to another , and no specific way is the best way , it depends on the person and how he like to risk his money . find the best way that works for you and stick to it !

Best of luck out there !

Jdawglet

Jdawglet

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The plus side of having your bankroll on the site is that you can get bonuses from big deposits.

The downside is that if you start to run cold…it’s easy access which can drain quickly.

Another down side is that you could have all your bankroll on one site and nothing to use on another site.

All of these things need to be considered for each individual person. What is your best way to manage your bankroll may not be my best way.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management