Bankroll to buy-in ratio

mistershrimpy

mistershrimpy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everyone! I have a question for experienced players. What should be the optimal ratio of bankroll to buy-ins for playing sit n go? Yesterday I won $ 7 in the MTT freeroll and decided to try to increase the bankroll playing SnG. I chose buy-in at $ 1. My bankroll decreased and increased, but as a result of several hours of play, I came to 0. Maybe I should play with a buy-in of 25 cents to increase the distance of the games? What can you advise, what is the optimal ratio?

crimsonblur

crimsonblur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely do as small as possible buy ins with only a 7 dollar bankroll. I would try to make your buy in about 1/100th of your bankroll and then play as many tables as u can.

mistershrimpy

mistershrimpy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely do as small as possible buy ins with only a 7 dollar bankroll. I would try to make your buy in about 1/100th of your bankroll and then play as many tables as u can.
Thanks! I know that my bankroll was small. But I was counting on luck =) I will be guided by your advice and play no more than 1-2 percent of the bankroll.

Who has any other opinions?

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Even without telling the size of the SNG, 1$ is rather big with a 7$ bankroll.

More important:
Are you sure you are not a losing player for the SNG you selected.
If not sure, you need to reduce the buy-in even more.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks! I know that my bankroll was small. But I was counting on luck =) I will be guided by your advice and play no more than 1-2 percent of the bankroll.

Who has any other opinions?
If I counted on luck I'd be eating at the local food bank and sleeping in the street - brrrrr cold!

The smaller the bankroll the more flexible you have to be. As a beginner I'd suggest staying away from the hypers, even though those are the cheapest.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If you're playing w/$7 then I would concentrate on freerolls. If you make the jump to deposit mode then it would seem to reason that you should play w/no more than 10% of your roll; bankroll of $100 then no more than $10 buy-in, even ring-games. $7 = $.70. Look up threads about bankroll management and all your questions should be answered concerning this issue. GL.

D

Dallas4life

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hello

Hello everyone! I have a question for experienced players. What should be the optimal ratio of bankroll to buy-ins for playing sit n go? Yesterday I won $ 7 in the MTT freeroll and decided to try to increase the bankroll playing SnG. I chose buy-in at $ 1. My bankroll decreased and increased, but as a result of several hours of play, I came to 0. Maybe I should play with a buy-in of 25 cents to increase the distance of the games? What can you advise, what is the optimal ratio?
im not sure what they mean by bankroll to ratio either been trying to figure it all out still new to this all

Cajin007

Cajin007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Best to have a bankroll-to-buyin ratio of 100:1. Also before you start playing buy-ins,
it is best if you make a win/loss bankroll plan and stick to it religiously.

Example, you want to start playing 1$ SNG's.
First BR should be no less than 100$. ( roughly, also take into account the house fee )
Second, Win/Loss plan set for 20% test run. In other words, keep track of every dollar you buy-in,
whether it wins or loses.
Once you have "played" 20% of your BR, your W/L ratio will signal if you can continue profitably,
or should consider smaller stakes.

If your overall profit ( current BR-Initial BR ) is +20%, and site allows multiple accounts
( just not playing at same time ), move a percentage of profit to second account.
( that way you have a buffer for the bad days, which happen to all of us ).

If ever you have to dip into your buffer, no more than 10% should be withdrawn per day.
No more than 50% EVER. that way you still have room to rebuild, and it won't take forever to do so.

If at anytime you lose 40% of your BR, with little to no profit, STOP.
You are outclassed, bleeding money and heading down the road to ruin. Best thing is re-evaluate
your game, rebuild the BR, and start again at lower stakes.

Good Luck at the tables and remember : digging a hole is easy, getting out of one takes some work.

Last edited:
VIP_TARIFF

VIP_TARIFF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

In order to quickly and efficiently develop $ 7, you need to play $ 0.30 satellites and be selected for tournaments of $ 2-3 and drag them directly. I also recommend at 16:00 Moscow time a satellite of $ 0.55 per bounty of $ 7.50. With SNG tournaments you won’t win much. You need to play with the mind.
Good luck in tournaments.

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Having a bankroll of$ 7 to play tournaments for$ 1, probably experienced players will call it over aggressive bankrollmenedzhmentom )) which of course is bad, I know when I had a bankroll of$ 400 I played cash nl100, at first it was very cool, but when the cashier is 0 you know what an idiot you were, Because$ 400 you can safely play tournaments for$ 2-3 and it's not bad to make money. In General, having a bankroll of$ 7 is best to play tournaments for$0.10

Dacruz27

Dacruz27

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely the lowest you can find, so I guess satellites? It seems that 1/100th of your bankroll is the most profitable

mistershrimpy

mistershrimpy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you all for the asvises! I will use them and plan my BR more carefully! Good luck in the game!

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I won $ 7 in the freeroll then I would play spin n go max for $ 7. I love to shot. But do not go this way :)

M

MarineCJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
50-100 buy ins is the ideal range. Lean more towards the 100 buyins

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management