bankroll

P

PEGAMEUALLIN

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what strategy do you use to not break the bankroll, value games for those who have 100 dollars

skalibur

skalibur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what strategy do you use to not break the bankroll, value games for those who have 100 dollars
my strategy would be to play low buy tournaments from 0.1 to 1.50 at most and try at most to leave with a guaranteed position and first of all run away from cash game at table and snip and go these break you easy better just go in tournaments

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I would use the 100 to150 buy in rule. If you use this you will most likely never go broke but do remember that does mean moving down if needed. So with a $100. you can start with $1.00 games. Once you are down to say $75 you will need to move down stakes until you get your roll back to $100.00. I would also stay on smaller games. There is nothing like winning or finishing in the top 3 when against 3000 players, but the large the games the larger the variance will become.

With $100.00 I would be OK playing $1.00 games to start if the games you play are 150 players or less. If not You may want to play games at $0.55 to $0.75 ish or so.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my game, I use Chris Ferguson's bankroll management rules. That is, I enter tournaments with 1% of my bankroll. And I don't play turbo and hyper-turbo tournaments.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With 100$ you can take some shots at 5NL, if you play cash games, but you need to be ready to drop back down to 2NL, if it drops to 60-80$. If the poker site has 4NL as the lowest limit, then 100$ will be a reasonable starting bankroll for that as well.

If you play tournaments, then several have already mentioned the 1% rule of thump, which is really easy to remember. With 100$ that basically mean 1$ tournaments or below. Maybe you can bend it slightly and play 1,1$ tournaments, if you also mix in some lower buyins.

It does depend on field size though, and if you play 6-9 man SnGs, then 100$ is a fine bankroll for the 1,5$ variety of these, which many poker sites has. On pokerstars specifically you could play a mix of mainly the 1$ 45 man and then some 1,5$ 90 man bounty for the sake of variation.

S

scubed

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I recommend Googling Jonathan Little' Bankroll Bible. This is a detailed guide that can help one understand the importance of bankroll management and exactly the math that needs to be applied to the bankroll.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I would stick to $1.10 tourneys and lower.

I would play 1c/2c or .2c/4c ring games.

Then be sure to keep playing cardschat freerolls to help keep your balance from going under $100.

Austria7

Austria7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Absolute discipline in bankroll management. You should first decide whether to play cash game or tournament poker. I am not a cash game player, but a possible strategy could be to risk a maximum of 1% of the total bankroll on the day. If you are 3% in profit you should leave the table. In tournament poker, you could risk a maximum of 1 - 0.1% of your bankroll per tournament.

demesquita

demesquita

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually play SnGs, and I use 2-5% of my BR for the buy-in. Since I usually come ITM about 2/3 of the time, FT about 10% and top-3 around 5%, I think this method is giving me good ROI.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management