Bankroll??

Derifish17

Derifish17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Does anyone know how much bankroll I would need in order to start playing £2 £5 cash regularly

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Does anyone know how much bankroll I would need in order to start playing £2 £5 cash regularly

2/5 online or live?

online I would want around 30-40BI's and you can go up or down from there depending on how risk adverse you are. If you are for sure a winner in the games, you could likely go as low as 15bi's , but must be able to go down in stakes if you lose a few bi's

R

ramignis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the standard Bank in cash games is always 100 stacks. but it all depends on your level of preparation for the game. if you do well at these limits, you can play with 40 stacks.

Derifish17

Derifish17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I want to play higher stakes because I think the game play in micro is pretty poor but I'm not sure if I should take £300 and try playing higher or just grind in lower limits until I win a bankroll if that makes sense lol

Derifish17

Derifish17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
2/5 online or live?

online I would want around 30-40BI's and you can go up or down from there depending on how risk adverse you are. If you are for sure a winner in the games, you could likely go as low as 15bi's , but must be able to go down in stakes if you lose a few bi's
Online atm because of lockdown

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is no right or wrong answer to this generally though whatever money I put on a poker site is usually disposable and I play what I like as plenty of roll offline in reserve.
If losing £300 does not worry you as £6000+ in reserve and you have great discipline and self control play a limit that suits you,
If on the other hand £300 is a serious investment that really you need to avoid losing as smaller reserves or struggle with self control sometimes would only risk £5 or £10 maximum buy ins at a time and try to climb the limits gradually.
Good luck personally I get loss anxiety sometimes when playing even 2% of roll and that can affect our game and I try to keep what is at risk much lower.:)

Last edited:
Derifish17

Derifish17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Probably best sticking to micro stakes then because 300 is alot to me lol

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I want to play higher stakes because I think the game play in micro is pretty poor

Why does poor play bother you? I love bad players, because they allow me to win. Also do you have a live poker background or any previous experience? Online games for 500$ are extremely tough, and it will take years of practice and study before you can even hope to just break even. Which lead me on to the next point, which is, that to even have a bankroll you must be a winning player. Otherwise you have a budget, which is something totally different.

With this out of way 20 x the full buyin is very aggressive bankroll management, 30 x is agressive, 50 x is conservative and 100 x is very conservative and mostly for professional players, who want to avoid moving down. In these coronavirus days games are pretty soft, so I think, its ok to skip the very lowest stakes. But I would not start any higher than 25NL. And if you only have 300$, anything above 10NL will be pure gambling.

L

ledris

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think fundiver covered everything related to this issue!!

Derifish17

Derifish17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why does poor play bother you? I love bad players, because they allow me to win. Also do you have a live poker background or any previous experience? Online games for 500$ are extremely tough, and it will take years of practice and study before you can even hope to just break even. Which lead me on to the next point, which is, that to even have a bankroll you must be a winning player. Otherwise you have a budget, which is something totally different.

With this out of way 20 x the full buyin is very aggressive bankroll management, 30 x is agressive, 50 x is conservative and 100 x is very conservative and mostly for professional players, who want to avoid moving down. In these coronavirus days games are pretty soft, so I think, its ok to skip the very lowest stakes. But I would not start any higher than 25NL. And if you only have 300$, anything above 10NL will be pure gambling.
I meant that at low stakes there are loads of fish who get to the river and hit their 1 time without even knowing how and also at that level don't understand position and equity and maybe I'm over thinking it and that's why I'm not winning as much

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I meant that at low stakes there are loads of fish who get to the river and hit their 1 time without even knowing how and also at that level don't understand position and equity and maybe I'm over thinking it and that's why I'm not winning as much

It is delusional to think, you can beat good players, if you can not beat the worst players in the game. This is about ego and a lack of patience, and unless you learn to handle these mental issues, you will never have success in poker. Even in high stakes games the money comes from bad recreational players. They are just rich recreational players like for instance chinese businessmen playing in Macao.

Derifish17

Derifish17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is delusional to think, you can beat good players, if you can not beat the worst players in the game. This is about ego and a lack of patience, and unless you learn to handle these mental issues, you will never have success in poker. Even in high stakes games the money comes from bad recreational players. They are just rich recreational players like for instance chinese businessmen playing in Macao.

Thanks for the advice I will remember that and take things more serious from here on cheers for that

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Judging by the requirement of compliance with the management, you will need up to $ 500 for such a game. You need to play well if you go to such bets.

onecardsteve

onecardsteve

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bankroll

For Live play, $2/5 you should have from what i have seen is 20 max buy-ins in your bankroll. It would put you at $10,000.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management