amatola

amatola

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
posting here, might be useful, maybe not.

I'm just trying to get a feel of hand strength and stats like how often you can expect to make trips, and often they would be beaten. These are sub prime hands, but hands that might be played at the end of an MTT or when in position.

So the hole cards A=AsTd, B=4d4c, C=9hTh manually ran 200 times. I did NOT include community pairs UNLESS they had a bearing so making a FH, Trips or if 2 came out higher than 4's, then high card would come into play

1 pair (+1 Comunity pair) won - 42.5% (A 39 times - any T's and it would have top kicker/ B 29 times)
Trips appeared 40 times so 20%, winning 29 times
Str8's 40 where made in 29 hands ( sharing of the T) winning 23 hands - C made str8's 24 times but only won 16 of them - AT of ten made the high straight. B made a straight 4 times, but only won once.
Flushes - C made 17 and won 17 times. In total 20 where made, all won - having 2 cards of the same suite really helps here.
One Straight Flush.
Quads where made 3 times - one of which made hand of the day..
flop, 499 turn, 4, river 9 yup quads vs quads.

22 Full houses were made in 18 hands, one lost to another quad/ rest to higher quads
one hand had 33A39 - so all got quads ( yup, this stuff happens!)
on another 49T2T - 2 FH and trips.
Another had both A and C shared a Str8 and B got a FH

This on a fairly small sample of 200 hands.

tame4g

tame4g

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There's actually a site called Cardfight which does very similar calculations to what you've done here! You can compare almost any two hands and the site will show you what hand ranks they typically "hit" and their equity against each other. Definitely worth checking out imo!

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I understand correctly?

e81d563695.jpg

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are fairly serious about poker and the math side, then buying an online poker calculator could be a great investment. Personally, I am pretty new to poker, so I downloaded Equilab from PokerStrategy.com because it is free (although an "upgrade" is clearly a future option). Plugging your three hands into this, they all are fairly equal. Preflop, the pocket 4 hand is slightly ahead, but pragmatically they are all about equal.
AT hand was circa 33.8%, 44 hand was circa 37.13% and the Ten, 9 suited was circa 29.07%