Article: Where's your Edge?

Danjwarburton

Danjwarburton

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First off, if you haven't seen me and my work so far performing a little challenge... Please visit my thread=> https://www.cardschat.com/forum/pok...perienced-player-earning-4-million-in-448087/

Now for the article:

You guys are being the most absolute brain dead stupid beyond belief idiots and you know it.
Now that I have your attention, let's go into it a little more.

One of the major concepts that EVERYONE seems to ignore is your actual edge. I will put it in other words. If I was to ask you, with a gun against your head, to tell me in 5 seconds what are you doing differently compared to most of the players at your limit to beat it- Could you answer this?

Can you give an honest answer and explain what you are doing differently compared to other players to crush your limit?

Do you know what your edge is?

"Oh, but I am playing solid ABC poker betting when I have it, pot controlling when I am not sure and folding when I am weak"

...and what are the majority of other players at your limit doing?

cute-baby-silly-duh-meme.jpg

95% of players are losing money yet 95% of players try the same strategy against each other.

What are you doing differently than most?

Before you even try to beat a limit, you should be trying to identify your edge. Watch tables, learn about your number 1 enemy THE FIELD.

You first should be looking at what basic strategy will beat the majority of players. This is your GO-TO strategy if you don't have much information about your current opponent. It is the general assumptions that will beat the majority of the players.

After all, how can you expect to win if you don't know what you are winning chips from?

After you have found out 10 major characteristics that the field of players has in their play, write them down and break them down.

Find out:

1.) What the play is
2.) What the logic or reasoning is behind this play
3.) If there, theoretically, could be other plays the field performs using this logic
4.) In what scenarios it could be a strong play
5.) In what scenarios it could go against the villain
6.) How you can exploit point 4 and 5

Congratulations, you now have an edge.

The only thing left to do is apply it. Get practicing with purposeful low volume sessions applying the above and ensure you play solid poker whilest implementing these exploits.

And if you need an image to remind you... this is a RHOMBICOSIDODECAHEDRON. Try counting how many edges this badboy has...

Rhombicosidodecahedron.jpg

Thanks ;), comments and feedback below...

nikolaevich87

nikolaevich87

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi, what is your nickname for the stars, I want to see your game?

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nice article! I think that it's a very important point that you need to give a lot of thought to your edge.

With that said, you can play in a fairly straightforward way going after value, pot controlling, etc, and still win if there are a lot of recreational players in your games making significant mistakes. So I would just add that the tougher your games, the more important is the process you're outlining.

Thanks for posting this quality content.