AQ vs All in

bc2017

bc2017

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I start the hand at 9,700 chips, 125/250 blinds with 25 ante. I do a 3x raise from lojack with AQ offsuit, small blind shoves with 5,300 chips. Previous time they shoved, they had AQ themselves. I decide not to call here but was that the correct play or not?

THbc19

THbc19

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you did it right. He could have AK or even a pair high. You did not have to take chances because you were reasonably well at the tournament.

P

pauloandre100

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
check if that player keeps shoving, if yes another opportunity you can pay with AQ

Nathan Smith

Nathan Smith

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes that is close but I think fold is correct - his 21BB re-shove is usually AK, JJ+ and AQo doesn't do well against this range ~28%

If you have been opening wide and the table knows it a smarter reg could start re jamming wider over your opens but you still don't have heaps of equity. Lets say a smarter opponent starts re jamming 88+ and AJs you still only have ~38% equity.

xbronk

xbronk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I call also is a good hand to call pay for maximum 3 blinds:bandit:

A

ATruRube

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Played AQs twice and AQo today, lost all of them at BOL tournament. .Just saying. Squeaked out an ITM

slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah he can have KK'S QQ'S JJ'S 1010'S AK AQ aswell
Maybe even lower pairs like 88's 99's Think it was a good fold since you know he went allin before with AQ

J

Jack Reacher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very correct play,you may think i lose some chips...Thrust me you saved most of your chips unless you get lucky you will lose most of your chips and probably finish your appearance.With your decision you at least have a chance to hit a monster and double your stack.

FroZeeN89

FroZeeN89

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Quite right bro, I myself usually not call shove 16bbs+, surely he must have a great hand, AK, AQ, AJ, 99+.

But I ask you a question and your AQ was suited, would you pay?

W

williamsc99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AQ is a good hand to pay here and realize the equity of your hand that will lose very little here

copycutpaste

copycutpaste

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
who knows what that player had...I myself prob would have called...say he had JJ you have two over cards...sometimes you gotta take risks...

Bill Mitchell

Bill Mitchell

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You were losing to any pair. Also losing to AK, while tying AQ. If he had a low pair you were a 55-45 underdog. I think a lot would depend on your position in the tournament. Overall a tough decision.

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes I call, sometimes I fold. Sometimes I fold AQ offsuit preflop so I don't have to answer such quandaries.

U

UDN

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the right choice, because there would be a coin, and it's better to avoid such a stack.

Zhubiitis

Zhubiitis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I start the hand at 9,700 chips, 125/250 blinds with 25 ante. I do a 3x raise from lojack with AQ offsuit, small blind shoves with 5,300 chips. Previous time they shoved, they had AQ themselves. I decide not to call here but was that the correct play or not?
Its right move because AQ 80 % loose this flip

vtorr007

vtorr007

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
figure if you aare short stack and how manyblinds you have behind and if you are go for it

Zumpf

Zumpf

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
So many times I'd play with AQ and lose. Now I'm trying not to play with this hand on the high bets, if I don't see the flop.

kowrip

kowrip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I think that was a decent move. AQo has a tough time even calling a single raise, let alone a 3-bet. It's not very likely that he's going all in with AJ or worse, so you're probably flipping at BEST.

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
3-4 BB raise from your seat . if you reraise then see what kind of player you can and go all in

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think with around 20bbs its pretty villan dependent, If you think the villan has been shoving really loose you can call, but against most villans you are probably better folding. You can probably take AA, KK, and QQ out of their range so you prob up against a weaker ace or a pocket pair.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Against your 3x open raise from this position I assume you are dominated or you will face many pocket pairs. I may would have called AQs but still you had him covered and he played against you for his tournament life.Smells nutty for me.

How active were you at the table?Did he fight back again?

ps. Don't burn your chips by 3x open raise

B

babboonnexx

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AQ has cracked on me so many times that I almost hate it as much as I hate JJ, I fold them with ease these days. I agree that if you had you seen that person making many aggressive moves preflop you might want to go ahead and call him down but I ordinarily will not push AQ preflop

deform fedot

deform fedot

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AD is a good card for me the decisive factor is whether they suit one.

Chalada12

Chalada12

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you don t do it , u ll never know it . But I think you played it well