Appropriate things to study away from the tables

Mrfxx

Mrfxx

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi everyone [emoji112]
I am looking for advice on the sort of materials I should be researching. Grinding out micro stakes as a rec player.
I have a decent understanding of the basic maths and some strategy but there is always something to learn.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hand Ranges

Hi everyone [emoji112]
I am looking for advice on the sort of materials I should be researching. Grinding out micro stakes as a rec player.
I have a decent understanding of the basic maths and some strategy but there is always something to learn.

Thank you for posting.

Hand ranges is the next step from Hand Strength and requires a deeper look into the math of equity calculation. Hand ranges also helps develop your understanding of having more bluffs in more situations.

Understanding opponent hand ranges requires you dig deeper into developing reads on your opponents. Observing opponents actions while you are not in hands helps you to develop a deeper understanding of the motivators that cause certain actions. If you can review hands played by your player pool street by street.
pokerstars has a hand replayer. You can observe a table and then replay the prior hands with the ability to pause and think about ranges and actions taken by the players on each street.

Hope this helps.

:):)

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Thank you for posting.

Hand ranges is the next step from Hand Strength and requires a deeper look into the math of equity calculation. Hand ranges also helps develop your understanding of having more bluffs in more situations.

Understanding opponent hand ranges requires you dig deeper into developing reads on your opponents. Observing opponents actions while you are not in hands helps you to develop a deeper understanding of the motivators that cause certain actions. If you can review hands played by your player pool street by street.
Pokerstars has a hand replayer. You can observe a table and then replay the prior hands with the ability to pause and think about ranges and actions taken by the players on each street.

Hope this helps.

:):)

Hi
Thats intresting information
Thanks for sharing
Thats the beauty of CC community.
Love it
Thanks