Another question

G

gabriel78929

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Why am I always the unlucky one at the table? because always when they call all in I have a set or something good, but the opponent always wins, why?:jd4:

Highsolation

Highsolation

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your question is too wide I'm afraid, but the variance in poker it's part of the game. Coolers will happen, bad runs happen...
The only thing you can do is to make the right decision and hope for the best. As long as you have taken the right decision, whatever happens, happens, and you have to live with it.
When you have a set, how was the board? Why did your opponent go all-in on this board? or Why did you go all-in? What were you trying to accomplish?
I've learned a lot from Cardschat's free poker course, and the statement you should keep repeat every single time should be: "If I bet here, what better hands will fold, and what worse hands will call?"
If you have a set, were there any obvious straight draws on the table? Or maybe flush draws? When you have a set and opponent has a straight draw, one a non-paired board for example, you will not likely to get a straight to fold.
I hope you can get rid of your bad run soon, in the meantime, try to sharpen your skills and learn to take the best possible decisions in poker.

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
No need to repeat what "highsolation" said above. I agree with everything he said. But I'd like to propose the following :
Start a count. Keep track by counting the hands you win and the ones you lose when ahead over a certain period of time (at least a month). Compare the sums. That should tell you if you are really as unlucky as you feel. But even then, the way you play is an important factor in the equation (Shoving on boards with certain textures for example). Good luck man...

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's a difficult problem, to elucidate that, it's itself for itself to conquer a poker.

You'll even take notice of every corner on the table, spend time and wrestle.

D

Dhendrixon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is just mental. Your brain tends to remember all the bad beats you get but very seldom remembers the suck outs that you won on. At the end of the day if you are a solid player you are making money in the long run.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
You are not the only unlucky one at the table. Everyone except the winner eventually loses. Unless you consider being in the money not losing.

If you are at a 9 person table, you have a 1 in 9 chance of winning the hand, so basically you have an 11 percent chance of getting lucky. That would make 8 of 9 players unlucky, every hand that is dealt.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why am I always the unlucky one at the table? because always when they call all in I have a set or something good, but the opponent always wins, why?:jd4:

Thank U 4 Posting It may help you to track your hands. How many hands have you played so far 40 thousand 50 thousand? the mathematics of poker are based on 1 million hands being played. The reason for that is variance evens out for 99.9% of players by that time. Staying focused on that fact helps us to keep playing and ignore when we lose stacks to variance only. The key for us is to be sure we are losing to variance only by evaluating our play Example we have 10c10h Villain has KsJs---flop 10s9s8d V has 40 % equity here and will get all-in sub 100 BB on the flop often. So we are going to lose here 4 time out of ten. We can lose 12 out of 12 as we have only played 12 hands and to get near the 60% win equity we might have to play this scenario hundreds of times. Knowing the reality of variance is important when we play poker. Hope this helps

Johnny78B

Johnny78B

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I will tell you something.I guess it is not a secret for all of you guys but I guess they are giving you opportunies for everyone with the cards and boards.I meant it is equal chance for everybody on the cards and you do not know eventually are you winning or lost.That is quite depend from you how are you gonna play with or what's your decision to take in. You can blame the bad beats or something else but never blame anybody else when you win with the scrap cards. What I am going to say in online poker there is the same chance and odds you win or lost just depents from your abilities and skills how to manage it.

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

There are a couple of issues with this question gabriel.

The first is the word ALWAYS. There must be SOMETIMES that you win, and sometimes that you lose? It's just that the times you lose hurt more than the times you win feel good so you remember them more.

The second is that you are only thinking about yourself and not paying attention to others. Many other players are losing all the time, you just aren't likely to notice it since it has no emotional effect on you, no feeling of pain.

If you expand your perspective beyond yourself and beyond just focusing on painful experience while ignoring the pleasurable ones I think you'll find a more healthy question to be asking and one to be more empowering.

How about instead of "why am I always the one losing"
asking... "What could I do to win more often? How could I improve my game so that I win more big pots and tend to lose mostly small pots"

See what answers come to mind... and here's a starting place if you need some easy direction http://gripsed.com/win - Good luck & Happy stackin my friend!