Am I right to shove AA?

dedok0525

dedok0525

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I Am right or no?Hey.
I apologize in advance for the terrible grammar, but I think I will be able to convey the idea. And also please do not strongly criticize, this is my first post here, I just get acquainted with the forum.
Let's get started
All educational garbage on the Internet begins with a phrase like a poker game with incomplete information. This suggests that everyone can win poker with both 2 j and aa.
At the same time, it’s usually written there that it’s almost impossible to lose one-on-one with aa.
So I think that this is not so, about the almost impossible. I think that winning with aa is unreal.
But all in order.
Yesterday I had a rich day in tournaments. I think everyone will agree that when you play a lot you often find yourself in a situation where, smiling with the best hand of no-limit hold'em, you hope that your only opponent will want to bluff well enough to reduce this hand to all-in. But in my case, instead of a smile, there was a sad grimace.
I played 5 tournaments in one day. I lost my stacks with AA on my hands, 5/5 heads-up was not in my favor.
By the way, 3 of which I lost to a pair of kk in a fight one-on-one, on the bubble.
Now I am a bit vexed. Did I play correctly when I shoved all my chips on the loot with aa or no ra hands?
Thank.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA is the premier pre-flop hand. You should always get it in pre flop with AA except where in a sat. same prize MTT where you can fold into the money.

K

kristersb123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AA is good pre-flop hand, you should play it pre-flop, I have lost with AA a lot of times when I played for a flop

P

PharCyde007

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Allin my recomendations.

online poker I believe to be setup in favor of the site in some gaurenteed tournaments that dont reach enough players they put in bots that know hand outcomes so thry can take people out and win most of the money their site would have lost otherwise. this is why i only play freeerolls online and like to never go allin until the turn or river. shoving with AA preflop gives u no hand equity or a chance to win a hand the correct way, allin preflop with any hand is suicide.

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm sure AA is a very good premium hand. You can not judge the cards only on the basis of losing several times . To do this, take a long period of the game.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would say with the best hand there is nothing wrong with going all-in but bad luck just happen.

dbchristy

dbchristy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know its the best preflop hand but its getting my ass killed lately. variance I know. Lost last night after 5 hours, Aces full of nines to str8 flushed out on the damn river. feeling kinda hopeless at the moment..lol

bc2017

bc2017

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pre-flop, you should never be afraid to shove or call all in with Aces (except in a very big tournament bubble perhaps). You are a favourite against every hand, sometimes over 90%. Post-flop, you usually will be ahead - just be wary of sets and if the board has straight or flush potential.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I'd rather lose my AA to an allin early in a game than play for 7 hours and bubbling.

D

duson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA is the strongest hand but it's not always going to win. If your short stacked you should shove pre-flop, if you have a good stack 3x the BB and play post-flop, but you still have to consider the possibility of losing which ever route you go.

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I never shove but raise 3 + the big blind. If the flop is in your favor. push. Bad flop
you have a decision to make.

L

LongRover

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is more than one way to play AA. Shoving AA all-in is only one. So, were you right to shove all-in? It is a legitimate option! There is no cause for criticism of any kind. You only did what many players would have. Having said this, let us look at some options that you might just as well have exercised – keeping in mind as we do so that there is no telling at this point if the outcomes would have been any different.

AA can be lucky or unlucky. When it is lucky, you can win a lot of chips. When AA is unlucky, you can lose a lot, too. To me, however, thought and analysis, not luck, is called for when playing AA because it is neither an automatic win nor an automatic loss. Besides the fact that AA can win you a fortune and take out opponents, it can also break your bankroll and take you right out of a game or tournament. So, no, my friend, you will not always win with AA, not even one on one. That is a myth. But, happily you will also not always lose either.

Like you, I have had my AA cracked. That really was expensive for me. And, when my aces did not get cracked, it got very expensive for someone else. Either way, win or lose, good or bad luck, AA usually costs someone something big. Knowing this, I am very careful with playing AA. My experience with AA is that it is more likely to be cracked when more, and not less, opponents go to the river. Also, based also upon my own playing experience, I put the win percentage of AA at 86% and, conversely, I put the loss percentage of AA at 14%. Just to go through the statistics - AA will win 8,600 times out of every 10,000 hands played, and conversely, AA will lose 1,400 out of every 10,000 hands played. These stats favor an AA win.

HOWEVER, it must be understood, that winning or losing with AA can happen all day long because win and loss percentages cannot actually predict "when" these cards will win or lose, only that they will win or lose a certain number of times per every 10,000 hands played. So, strange as it is to say, because the "when" of it cannot be predicted, then neither can a win nor a loss be guaranteed when playing with AA --- not even when AA is favored to win. Nonetheless, like you, all things considered, I have to go for it. I have to go all-in or build up the pot to a later pre-flop all-in. I simply cannot see my way to do otherwise without serious justification. Yet, like I said before, there is more than one way to play AA

The normal ways of playing AA is to shove all-in or to aggressively bet pre-flop, raise pre-flop and to re-raise pre-flop where possible in order to build the pot. This aggression should normally continue throughout the flop, turn and river. So, if you do get unlucky and lose on these so-called monsters, the loss is probably going to be a big one in terms of chips. Conversely, if you do get lucky and win, the pot will usually be a monster. But the fact that there is more than one way to play AA implies more about deliberation that just chance.

In some circumstances, with adequate justification, I would, and have, folded AA. In one circumstance, I was on the bubble and I intentionally folded in order to finish in the money rather than to take a chance on being eliminated. It worked, and I survived to end up in the money. In another circumstance, I was not on the bubble, but I folded AA. My reason for folding: despite my high raise and re-raise pre-flop, and despite my high raises on the flop and turn, four players came to the river with me. The community cards, and the cards that flopped on the turn and river had not increased the value of my AA, but they opened up a real possibility of much stronger cards for my opponents. So, I folded my AA on the river, and, as things turned out, had I not folded, and had I gone all-in, I would have lost my entire bankroll to a straight. Lesson learned - do not slow play aces much - but, at least, despite my losses, I remained alive in the game.

So, no judgments or criticisms will come from me. From what you have indicated, you made a move which was a legitimate option. I have pointed out alternative ways to play or not to play AA. But, there is no implied criticism therein either. AA can lose or win against 1 or 5 opponents because AA can lose or win whether it is favored to do so or not. Like most other players, you are now a member of the poker Cracked Aces Club. And, BTW, welcome to Cardschat!

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Trying to outsmart yourself..AA

AA preflop, is not a binary choice: should I shove or play it out? odds are, preflop, are in your favor, shoving seems to be the smart choice. It's a snap decision when you finally get dealt AA.
But for value, shoving might not be the way to go. If you shove, and the rest fold, what did you gain, the blinds?
Experience will help you to determine what to do with AA. The slow-play, with small bets, to milk your enemies works, sometimes. Often, your bankroll, how close to ITM you will determine the chance you want to take, even with a "sure thing" like AA.

Chief talking bull

Chief talking bull

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is no better hand to get your chips all-in preflop with. Poker happens and they don't always win. When you wiped out on your bike you still got back on it a rode didn't you?

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you get AA go all-in pre flop don't slow play them. If you let players see the flop for cheap they could get lucky.

P

Pablo22

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I Am right or no?Hey.
I apologize in advance for the terrible grammar, but I think I will be able to convey the idea. And also please do not strongly criticize, this is my first post here, I just get acquainted with the forum.
Let's get started
All educational garbage on the Internet begins with a phrase like a poker game with incomplete information. This suggests that everyone can win poker with both 2 j and aa.
At the same time, it’s usually written there that it’s almost impossible to lose one-on-one with aa.
So I think that this is not so, about the almost impossible. I think that winning with aa is unreal.
But all in order.
Yesterday I had a rich day in tournaments. I think everyone will agree that when you play a lot you often find yourself in a situation where, smiling with the best hand of no-limit hold'em, you hope that your only opponent will want to bluff well enough to reduce this hand to all-in. But in my case, instead of a smile, there was a sad grimace.
I played 5 tournaments in one day. I lost my stacks with AA on my hands, 5/5 heads-up was not in my favor.
By the way, 3 of which I lost to a pair of kk in a fight one-on-one, on the bubble.
Now I am a bit vexed. Did I play correctly when I shoved all my chips on the loot with aa or no ra hands?
Thank.

That is a rough day with pocket aces. I wish you better luck.:)

S

shadybizzle

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it depends on your position in the tournament and at the table.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Loss with a pocket pair AA is perceived painfully. But the pocket pair AA is the most profitable hand on the distance.

GordyPoker

GordyPoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
online poker I believe to be setup in favor of the site in some gaurenteed tournaments that dont reach enough players they put in bots that know hand outcomes so thry can take people out and win most of the money their site would have lost otherwise. this is why i only play freeerolls online and like to never go allin until the turn or river. shoving with AA preflop gives u no hand equity or a chance to win a hand the correct way, allin preflop with any hand is suicide.

So agree with this!!!

honorwar

honorwar

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA is the most powerfull hand pre flop and I think you made a good decision but unfortunately You lost.

Last edited:
Anton Fedorov

Anton Fedorov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pocket AA pair does not give you a 100% guarantee of victory! Of course, it is very painful to lose with AA, the player with the worst hand. It doesn’t hurt when it’s a coin, but when a 3bet opponent with a hand is much worse, for example j3, it’s very annoying. But don't despair, and if you don't play hands like AA preflop, what hands then play at all? It is just that a person is structured in such a way that he notices negative points more than positive ones; In accordance with the expectation of at least 1000 hands, you will win more times with AA than you lose. And this does not mean that you win all distros with AA, and this is nothing special, it's just poker, nothing personal!:playingba​

Minus272c

Minus272c

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes you did it right :D

The problem is not the hands you loose there, the problem is the small
sample of hands. Its like flippin a coin 5 times, and you can get tale or heads
all 5 times, but if you flip it a thousand times, the outcome of the odds will be
correct again.

Flippin AA vs KK a thousand times will leave you with a huge percentage
where you actually win ;)

xbronk

xbronk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not think the information on the internet is trash, I think it's a matter of numbers and above all, you will always be a favorite with AA, but being a favorite does not imply that you will win, it is a more governed hand, many factors if things happen in life between 1 and a miillon imagine if you have a 6% chance on a table of 52 cards good luck greetings;)

Joco413

Joco413

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Normally just raise preflop. After flop if you don't feel safe enough you can always shove there. If you are short stacked then obviously you have to shove right away.