Small pocket pairs (22-66) are good for:
- Stealing in late position
- Shoving when you are short
- Calling after two or more limpers are already in the pot because of pot odds
(obviously this means you will be playing them in late position)
- Occasionally limping/raising in early/middle positon just to change it up.
- Calling a normal raise when you know they have a big big hand, to try and stack them (if you hit).
- Finally for folding. They will get you in trouble if you play them too often.
Golden rule for small pocket pairs. No set, no bet.