Allin with pocket pairs

Ledenev_Russ

Ledenev_Russ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Many players go Allin with pocket pairs, how do you think how much is appropriate???

C

C3H6S

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
many times u win with pocket aces....

N

neiltur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on the type of tournament you are playing, but generally it is a good go all in with pairs depending on your position at the table.

S

sickthis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on position and your chip count.

T

Two6JJ

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It can be appropriate in a given situation but just open shoving pairs is going to win many small pots and lose some big ones.

vitalii029

vitalii029

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it all depends on the situation

BriceNice

BriceNice

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The earlier in the tournament, the higher the pocket pair should be that you go all in with. The further in the tournament the lower the pair can be.

1noname1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It all depends on the situation. You ask a specific question.

AMTF1988

AMTF1988

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only thing beating you pre flop are higher pairs, I usually always shove unless I'm near the bubble or it's a really high buy in

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depending on what pair you have and in what situation you are, if a pair of TT or KK can safely go all-in, but if less than a pair, then you need to watch the situation on the table and in what position you are

S

StewNeth

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For some reason I won't think of all-in unless I have 7s or better.
It totally depends on stakes,how many players in the hand,pre-flop,etc.etc.
Lots of situations to list.,,,but ya...7s...

Shparhalo

Shparhalo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you shouldn`t go all in before you can see the flop. Go all in at start - bad idea, the only hope - is RANDOM!

Z

zannie27

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I say whenever you feel it shove especially if you feel you're ahead preflop.. No worst feeling than not shoving and pushing someone off a hand like J-Q and they catch a miracle river after calling you down.. Or catching trips on the flop and no action from a hand like A-K that would have probably called an all in preflop..

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on the type of tournament on position and your chip count.

M

marakhovskii

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this is not the worst option to leave the tournament - there is always a chance to double :(

M

mr_poker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It all depends on the state of your stack.

Andrei Lisovets

Andrei Lisovets

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think going to Olin with pocket cards is always a risk, but sometimes you have to, when AA comes in, KK, when they do not give you their olives.

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That depends on other circumstances and first of all - how many chips you have left. If you are desperate - it makes complete sense to go all in with pocket pair.

2ndly you have to consider your position. UTG with small pocket pair All-in is quite mad move.

3rdly, there are many occasions when there simply isnt right answer. You went All-in, won/lost in a coinflip situation and thats the result.

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i have been playing bigger buy ins up to 30.00 lately at times. I see people in isolation shoving 22 even and ive been doing it more often then not it holds

edc1

edc1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
low pairs I want to se mine with,9-9 and up il raise with preflop in late position-just open shoving any pair is a fast way to lose your money or chips if playing in mtt

subaru16162

subaru16162

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its always a tough call. How high is the pair? Tournament or Cash etc. So many factors that matter.

S

Slomeslak62

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depends on how many chips i have and what kind of tourney it is. also if it's high pairs of low pairs

R

Running Nose II

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It all depends on various factors, your position, your stack and how far into the game. Remember one bad decision and you're out

R

radiation

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in tournament sitting on the button, faced with a raise of a blindstealer is a good idea to go allin with pocketpairs, to maximize the pressure to that player, in most cases he has a marginal hand and will fold