All in or waiting for other players with AA

Sale_MLS

Sale_MLS

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have AA hand. Do you have a strict rule, or you play by hunch? You go all in, or you wait?

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your position and your stack compared to others is very important so there's not an exact strategy, but AA is the strongest hand, and easily can lead you a double-up. As you can see I am not sure to share my idea, but if you not limp, U probably win it.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are a lot of factors to be considered. It depends on what you are playing, position on the table, stack sizes, any reads on your opponents etc.

There is no strategy that applies to every situation - you definitely should not go all in unless you are short-stacked, the players left to act are short-stacked or you have other information that dictates that you should. You want to win chips with AA - not get everyone to fold.

Vilgeoforc

Vilgeoforc

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On the preflop, you must use any means to get your opponent to play on the stack. On the flop, it will most often be a medium-strength hand, so it is important not to beat AA. A lot will depend on the position, depth of stacks, and opponents, so it is difficult to answer your question unambiguously.

P

Pablo22

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In critical stages of the tournament with a shorter stack you may want to go all in.

Bleeis

Bleeis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in MTT, with 20-15 bbs All in, with more bbs 3bet/4betcall and x-push in flop good
in CASH, never all in preflop with AA, 3bet/4betcall and bet bet bet

W

wizcup

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have AA hand. Do you have a strict rule, or you play by hunch? You go all in, or you wait?

I bet high at first to at least minimize the risk of bad flop. The more players are the riskier the table, especially if no Ace on flop.

However, sometimes I also all in without thinking. So yeah, basically I'm doing it by hunch.

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I also play this hand before the flop very aggressively (do 3 beta 4 beta, and even an all 5 bet Inns). But sometimes, especially when a loose table image, or when there is a big blind alone can easily masking limped and sometimes even to just call a raise from the aggressive player! Just this hand is so strong and comes very rare that you can try to play it more creatively!

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
It depends on many factors, the size of your stack, the type of tournament, your opponents at the table. I think that each situation is individual and needs a separate assessment in general.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I like to isolate one player preflop when I have AA. I will accept 2 callers but while that increases my profit it decreases the probability that I will win the hand.

If I thought the player would call an all-in bet then I would do it. But many players will fold to a bigstack shove preflop.

So, often I make a nice raise or re-raise and then then bet the flop - bet the turn - bet the river as much as you think they will call. Most of the time you will win against one opponent.

Good luck !

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
There are so many variables to discuss here. The short story is you should never be shoving a full stack with AA, the likelihood is that everyone else folds and you pick up the blinds. This is not maximising the value of your AA.

Depending on the game/table makeup shoving becomes a viable option when you're down to 15-20bb.