All in players

A

applejack1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What's the best way to deal with the all in player that knows no other way to play, except all in every play?

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only Call with your premium hands. Yes theres a chance you can get smacked but it's better then hoping and praying with unpremium hands. Pretty much if I see a constant jammer I just pick my spots and either A hope I can crack him or B hope that other people starts taking jabs too

Cody5991

Cody5991

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Funny this comes up I just lost a tournament with AA calling a guy who went all in with QJ suited who ended up turning a flush but it is what it is but you have to either decide to call them with a great hand or decide its not worth it and a lot of times not play a hand you normally would

P

pineknob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What's the best way to deal with the all in player that knows no other way to play, except all in every play?

It really depends on the blinds. I think you can hold out a bit when blinds are small and won't hurt you every and but when you are below 20 bb and IF its literally every hand in my opinion you need to open up your 'calling all in' hands really wide. you need to call with any pair or any hand stronger than jack 8 and get it over with because if you wait too long you won't have enough chips to recover.

badboydean00

badboydean00

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
avoid them.............. 99% of poker playa´s who live fast ....die young........:D

P

pineknob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
avoid them.............. 99% of poker playa´s who live fast ....die young........:D

i agree with this.. consider my advice only applicable if you are heads up or are sure you can get them heads up of other players are at the tble.

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Wait

I wait till I have strong pocket cards and call their all-in. It doesn't always work, but I am usually ahead before the flop. Good luck !

roger perkins

roger perkins

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you go all in preflop you are limiting yourself to just playing the cards. but lets say you just call a reraise with AK. The flop comes Q 7 3 and the raiser checks to you. now you have a chance to bet and get him to fold his middle pair or even maybe his AK. or say you have QQ and the flop comes AK7 now you can get away without losing your whole stack. all in is more for the player that cant play very well post flop. dont get me wrong there are plenty of times all in is a wise bet but often it is used way way too much especially early in a tourney when doubling up is of little value

Erpherk

Erpherk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
See how often they go all in, if they do it a lot they have a wide range and you can call with a good hand. Other wise avoid calling it off with a marginal hand and let them keep going all in until you got a hand worth calling with. In the early stages of tournaments it doesn't make sense to call because you have so many blinds and so much time to play. But sometimes it better to die fast then play for hours and bust anyway.

BriceNice

BriceNice

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Learn your call shove ranges, and while you're at it learn your shoving ranges as well.

Dchoyt82

Dchoyt82

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

For me personally, depends if it's a rebuy.
If rebuy I'll take a chance to take them out w a good hand
If not I'll be passive until I get a premium hand and if I lose I lose

It's not worth calling them with anything other than a premium maybe a mid pair.

Often it's a coin flip that oddly seems to favor the aggressor in many cases.

Even if you gave AqmQ & they have 56 your lookin at what 60-40

N

new_player

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only Call with your premium hands. Yes theres a chance you can get smacked but it's better then hoping and praying with unpremium hands. Pretty much if I see a constant jammer I just pick my spots and either A hope I can crack him or B hope that other people starts taking jabs too

I agree. But I saw where this person was running so good and kept winning every all ins. It was crazy. Of course I eventually called and lost but I don't know if he won that tournament at the end.

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree. But I saw where this person was running so good and kept winning every all ins. It was crazy. Of course I eventually called and lost but I don't know if he won that tournament at the end.

Its a risk that good players just have to take. I mean if someone jams and im holding rockets , Im not folding...Ever

P

pineknob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its a risk that good players just have to take. I mean if someone jams and im holding rockets , Im not folding...Ever

I play live poker in a rebuy often against a fool who shoves preflop from utg without looking at his cards.. j 8 off is 49.8 % against any random hand heads up so if i have any equity in the pot and noone behind i get it in witb him and it works. Usually im better than J8 though but the strategy works when im online and headsup with a fool doing it online too..

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
have patience ... then analyze how often the all-in plays, that will give you an idea of what kind of hands the opponent is playing all-in. Then wait for a good hand like AK, AQs, or a high pair like TT + .... and you've called

damgold

damgold

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's only you to see with what hands he is betting everything, if you see that it is with marginal hands wait for better hands and call

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maniacs need to call with the nuts, in most cases, the macaque can kill at the push bot. That is, using the Nash chart.:fight:

CTAPYXA

CTAPYXA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No need to rush. Wait for good cards and lure the player into a trap.

H

HaroldHouse

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play with several people at one site that has a lot of all in or fold satellites. They are vicious. You think they have no strategy and just go all in every other hand, but they practice it a lot. So you have to pick your spots. They usually get a big stack quickly, so even if you crack them, they still have chips for the next hand and do it again. . Especially if there is rebuys. I try to avoid them. I dont have a strategy or preflop chart that can do anything with them.

L

livyst123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They lose their stacks eventually because that is not a good strategy unless you are trying to bully people out of a tournament when they have much higher chip count.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wait, when such a player will be knocked out by someone else, or wait for a very good card.

ganbat

ganbat

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Too aggressive players should play KO, Hyper games.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just wait to get good hand and pay him. Such players do not last long in tournaments even if they get lucky and have some good stack in the beginning.