D

donkey2019

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
that is the question lol

ok you have a Kh Qh

your opponent bets 25 % of your stack preflop and scares of 2 players and still has you covered twice more. (taking away some bluffing options)

but you call anyway

and the flop is As kd 7h
and he continuation bets a further 3rd of your remaining stack to which you call again.

when the turn comes being the 9h
you are sure your opponent has an ace
then he pushes all in

1. if you call and he does have an ace and you miss the flush you are out of the tourny
2. if you call and hit its a double up

would you call to see that river and how many times out of 10 would you call that same bet knowing its your tournament life on the line???

Dejange

Dejange

CC Delija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
In this situation, the opponent could also have a flush draw with AJ, AT. However, depending onto my notes on the opponent, I would most likely call on turn if: already ITM, early stages of mtt.
Merely not going to risk my life in other stages of the game :p

qRock

qRock

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
By the turn, the bank has at least as many chips as our 2 stacks. In addition to flush and straight, kings and ladies can help us. We are sure that he has an ace, but it is important to designate the range of the opponent’s hands, if all hands from A2o to AA can be at opponent, then chances of winning are 27%. The pot odds are at least 25%, so the call is mathematically correct, but it is important to consider ICM.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Blind level should be considered. Half of your stack is already invested into the pot after the turn. Is there enough to play any poker with moving forward if you fold?

Realistically you are drawing for a flush here to win.. unless you put your opponent on a lower pair (JJ+) or air. Your equity is likely hovering around 20%. pot odds are about 25%. I would call half the time. If I had any more information about the villain, I would call less if they are a tighter player.

I

Izfensina

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me all depends on the game stages and ICM considerations so if we are already ITM and my opponent is a LAG trying to bully me out of the pot I would call and hit my river but the way you played the hand I should rather shove on turn if I did not 3bet preflop.Anyway you are pot committed so call and either you double up or you bust out.

X

xy23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's still a call for me despite ICM implications. You're pot committed like the guy mentioned and you have a good amount of outs.

S

Sp0own

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
that is the question lol

ok you have a Kh Qh

your opponent bets 25 % of your stack preflop and scares of 2 players and still has you covered twice more. (taking away some bluffing options)

but you call anyway

and the flop is As kd 7h
and he continuation bets a further 3rd of your remaining stack to which you call again.

when the turn comes being the 9h
you are sure your opponent has an ace
then he pushes all in

1. if you call and he does have an ace and you miss the flush you are out of the tourny
2. if you call and hit its a double up

would you call to see that river and how many times out of 10 would you call that same bet knowing its your tournament life on the line???

Mainly depends on the stage of tournament and your stack sizes, because maybe if you have less than 15bb then this can be a jam on the flop.

Natta777

Natta777

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
It all depends on the stage of the tournament and the image of the opponent. In half the cases, I would have called the flop bet. The flop looks too dangerous.

R

Russian Idiot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would have already flown out of the tournament, the excitement all the time let me down, in this game Idiots were always lucky.

grumblbrumbl

grumblbrumbl

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I in such situations can go in all-in with the third were a couple. Or with J10h, Q10h, QJh.

M

mavradal

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well math says you should only call 25% of the time, but if you're already below 10BB on the turn you are committed like others said and you should call.

F

flytohi

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
A lot to decide in this situation 1/4 of your stack is in going to the flop, and it seems that another 1/4 of the total stack is in the middle on out way to the turn. half of our stack is in the middle and we can have possibly 9 hearts, 2 Kings, and 3 more Queens if our opponent has a hand like ATs, AJs. Thats 14 outs. Think you can hit? call it off! never know if he flips over KJ or even QQ some of the time

sedlacekj

sedlacekj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is hard to tell here. First of all, the amount of stack already in the pot suggests you are already pot committed (unless there was a spot to fold earlier, perhaps), so you should call. It would be helpful to know the blinds and table position here also. When he first bet 25% of your stack, how big was this in relation to the pot? If huge, then why not fold there? KQs is usually an open plus one re-raise preflop, then call to see flop. So you shouldn't usually be in more than 9-12 BB preflop. If 25% of your stack is less than that, okay sure. call and continue. If that is true, though, you have great odds to call or bet on all streets. Calling the all-in is inevitable I think. If that preflop 25% of your stack bet was pot sized or larger, you should fold. Depending on table positions, your hand preflop has about 51% chance to win. If he definitely has an A, then KQs drops to about 30%. Be sure you know your pot odds before deciding how often you should call or raise.

foran

foran

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in the long run it is negative to pay

gabpoker

gabpoker

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Relative positions and Stack sizes in BB are important pieces of information here. 25% of a 100BB stack is much different than 25% of a 30BB stack.

T

tmfnsanders

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Horrible flatcall preflop. Either 3bet with the intention to stack off, or just fold even though it's pretty.
Relative positions and Stack sizes in BB are important pieces of information here. 25% of a 100BB stack is much different than 25% of a 30BB stack.

I agree with this to a certain extent. There is a ton of info that we need that we don't have, however flatcalling 25% of your stack preflop is a terrible leak no matter what your stack size is.

S

sillymunchie

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
dont think this is as easy as your showing us to be fair

We dont have enough information at all
for starters no info on villain, and what position is he in

How many BB do you have left currently
you say he bet for 25% of your stack, but if you have 10BB and you dont believe him then your going to call
if you have 15-20BB and this guy is playing super agro then this would of been a perfect resteal type of hand, but only if the raise was done from a late position and you had info on the villain

you also havent told us the rates of which the blinds are changing, or how many people are on the table, a 9-10 man table it becomes a bad call, but a 6 man table could be considered a good call, and if its 10-15 minute blinds you can wait for better spots and not see this flop to be put in a bad position, but if its only 5 minute blinds then i think you made your choice on the flop, you can no longer back down as you committed yourself when you called on the flop

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi ThereCC
First of all as you are a new commer here at CC i would suggest you change your screen ID....Just kidding
Indeed i would go all in if it´s ITM
Otherwise is risking with an A on the table
Rgds

P

praevus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depend, you were ITM? How much was left?
If you were in ITM, is call. If is close, is fold.
If is far away, I call because I think that you are commited.

howiefig

howiefig

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]It is important to analyze your opponents in all possible hands, if the opponent with the possible (A s) has been a bluffer, you can be sure that maybe he does not have the ace, but if he is an analytical opponent he reserves not to play[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)][/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]all hands and only plays strong hands, it is likely that if you have the ace, but here comes the point in my opinion that poker is 25% ability and 75% luck, because you can get the letter you need or not[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)][/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)], and as the opponent already has a strong strong pair, technically it has many possibilities, but you also apart from the flush project you could make a trio if you get another K, in my opinion it is a matter of motivation if you feel that you can get your hand[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)][/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]you wait, you risk, but if you do not do it, because this game is like this or you win or lose, and even the most experienced and analytical player has bad beats and loses with some mentioned fish, by the way I leave here an example of a[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)][/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]bad beat.
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]in preflop I raise the bet to two big blinds from the button, having KK, the flop is shown and the opponent is thrown all in, what bad luck …:D:D:D:(:(:([/COLOR]

[/COLOR]​

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 47
Madzapzay

Madzapzay

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yuck. Tough one. One of those where you know it's coming but just not sure how.

D

Darth_Moola

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you just don't get yourself into this position in the first place. If they are betting that big and then you see a flop with 2nd pair and only a backdoor draw, and they bet again, how many times are they C-betting with nothing. How often are you ahead in the hand? They're range is going to have tons of Aces. KQs is pretty speculative to a large raise preflop, and calling the flop is just ill-advised. Fold.

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In this hand you could’ve folded preflop and tried to find a spot you could open shove. Since you called though we’ll go from there. You should for sure be calling the bet you said he bet 25% of you stack on the flop so if you had 10,000 that would be 2,500. I just assume he be 5x and blinds are 250/500 and antes are 25 at a 9 max table. Pot is 5,975. Let’s just say his range is tight 99+ AJo+ AJs+ KQo and KQs. Your equity against that range is 46.4% on the flop. After he raises 2,500 on the flop you have to call. Now the pot is 10,975. Once the 9h hits your equity it 48.1% your getting 45.5% pot odds and when of if he calls you’ll have bet 5,000 to win 20,975. Only way you should be getting away from this hand is preflop. Remember this is still a drawing hand that is behind the majority of a EP preflop raise. Deep stacked you should definitely play this hand and possibly 3bet depending on the player. But short stacked you should really be looking to be the one to open

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You are pot committed and all in is the option, but i think that T wil not come