All-in no more

wsbar

wsbar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not here to complain about bad beat, but I'll make one important observation, with each hand played I recognize that going all-in pre-flop with AA pair being with middle Stack is indeed a wrong move! Today, after performing several All-in pre-flops with pairs like: TT-AA and constantly losing, I recognize that the best move to be made with high pairs is to raise a preflop and a c-bet on the flop, if there is resistance from the opponent and I have not agreed anything the best to do is fold. Beginner players like me, learn to drop hands like AA, KK, QQ. You only get Sharks with three of a kind or better!

gjwalk

gjwalk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not sure taking the pre-flop all-in with high pairs move completely out of your rotation is wise. It's still the strongest play with the most fold equity. You may find your high pairs getting cracked more often because there will be more players going against you. Also, if you automatically fold after a c-bet to any kind of resistance, it will send a message to the rest of the table to start playing aggressively against you. It looks like you had a lousy week though, better luck next week!

wsbar

wsbar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
gjwalk, poker game at 11 months, and my opinion as a beginner is you go all-in pre-flop with high pairs when you're short-stack always with enough Stack to takedown. When I have a comfortable Stack, I prefer to play more passively against the villains, and always attacking the short stack by putting pressure to make them fold and I win the pot.

A

Aparajit

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not here to complain about bad beat, but I'll make one important observation, with each hand played I recognize that going all-in pre-flop with AA pair being with middle Stack is indeed a wrong move! Today, after performing several All-in pre-flops with pairs like: TT-AA and constantly losing, I recognize that the best move to be made with high pairs is to raise a preflop and a c-bet on the flop, if there is resistance from the opponent and I have not agreed anything the best to do is fold. Beginner players like me, learn to drop hands like AA, KK, QQ. You only get Sharks with three of a kind or better!

yes absolutely, you are right. i agree

bahajan

bahajan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All right, and this skill does not come immediately,

Z

zavvt

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hate to fold AA KK QQ.. QQ i might fold depending on the situation but KK/AA hardly ever i would fold.

bahajan

bahajan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hate to fold AA KK QQ.. QQ i might fold depending on the situation but KK/AA hardly ever i would fold.
come times like these, and when will such a moment, surprised myself I did the right thing

wsbar

wsbar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My dream as a beginner poker player is to be part of this CC team, I want to learn constantly with the Gentlemen playing the best freeroll in the world called: Cardschat Daily freeroll $ 100.

zsoltyx2

zsoltyx2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Go all in preflop with AA, KK, or big rais
QQ, JJ, 10 10, BIG RAIS

zsoltyx2

zsoltyx2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends to situation. To cips.to position

I

ianleel

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
There a lot of factors on each play

melodyman169

melodyman169

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is it always happen or mb you have a bad day?)

wsbar

wsbar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Melodyman169, Where I play often I always lose. The variance is much lower when playing with regular players. More if it depends on me I will continue to play NIT, I admire the ROCK, that is the style that makes me more comfortable and confident.

wsbar

wsbar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A popular Brazilian saying goes: "it is from grain to grain that the chicken fills the belly." In poker I prefer to go slow, but I do not miss the opportunity to go all-in when I'm a monster.

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AA, KK good hands, but in the end it's the older pair, and only

Vlad symrak

Vlad symrak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker to any card you will find the stoppage and top pair will be powerless. Turn equates all!

AgentXtreme

AgentXtreme

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if you gonna C-bet , fold turn or riven , what's the point of playing such a strong hand .. oppenent gonna call the flop 80% of the time , you have to play such a hand agressively and put him a difficult situation , you're not in danger but him (most of the time)

X

xbursonicx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I recognize that the best move to be made with high pairs is to raise a preflop and a c-bet on the flop, if there is resistance from the opponent and I have not agreed anything the best to do is fold.

Though i'm a beginner too i can't agree with the approach in general. You can't allow to be predictable: imagine you are heads-up, and if your opponent perceives that you always fold to a reraise on the flop you are effectively done.

Also in a meagre number of tourneys (freerolls only) i've played so far i encountered quite loose+aggressive players for whom raise on the flop was like nothing as they always tried to push the opponent off the table (even with hands like weak king, connectors and or 1-2 gappers); mind you they usually managed to build a big stack and then bullied their medium/short stacks opponents this way. Thus your approach against such players won't work.

Imo there is no universal approach to playing strong pocket pairs; studying and experience should help you to evolve your views.

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think

I think with AA QQ QJ JJ you need to give a good raise before the flop, unless of course you are turned in all-in. And then look at the flop and play on the situation

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's a bit silly to say 'no more' as there will be times where getting your stack in pre/post flop is best.

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your observation is good, I do agree that saying "no more" is not realistic though. You have to pick and choose your battles. And there will be times this makes sense to do, you just have to figure out when it is right for your game... GL

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Going all in with AA is usually not a good idea, if not short stacked I don't go all in. The best you can do is 3-4 times the BB for a standard bet. You don't want to change your bet if you can help it. Hardest thing I find.
I can most times tell what someone has when they do this. If they play super tight and only raise with AA, KK, QQ, then you can know what they are playing. The best hand to go all in with is 72o, reason being is that most times this is the only way to win with them.
Getting called with big pairs is not a bad thing. Why do you want to chase them off when you have AA? Always makes me laugh when someone shows their AA when everyone folds. Congrats, you made yourself 60 chips and risked 2000. You want them to call, you just don't want them to win.

Garfield52

Garfield52

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All in no more

I agree. I have been beat many times with AA and some turkey goes all in with 3 n 8 off suit and hits it on the flop.

rckstr2b

rckstr2b

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
mostly agree

yes absolutely, you are right. i agree

i mostly agree too.
What I will add is, mathematicallyits it is never a good idea to fold AA preflop under any circumstance, even if the whole table shoves.
Having said that, for sanity sake, maybe its ok to let one go now and then.
If you have a middle size stack of say 25-40 BB, you shouldn't try to commit all your stack to a race if you don't have to. Sometimes you do have to though

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on the situation. If you can get it all-in with just one villain, the odds are way in your favour, although I have seen AA go up against AA, and I've even seen that happen where one beat the other by hitting a flush (but I digress).

If you're short, you're more likely to get more callers, but you ARE SHORT after all, so you can't not play Aces in that situation, unless you've been in a tournament for hours and you're one player away from being ITM, maybe.

Now I'd be more likely to play the hand out with a big pair other than AA. Take yesterday for instance - I got it all-in pre-flop with KK and lost to AA. Mind it was a low, dry flop, so I was probably gong to end up putting it all in the middle anyway.