All in

A

AssasinsNick

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you consider that you can put all in. Or if it is safe to put all in with an opponent with more chips than you?

G

grupus21

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when I have (probably) AA, KK, QQ, AK, AQ or otherwise or when I had

F

futureballoon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Normally I'll only AI if I'm short stack and about to be knocked out. Very rarely will I do it preflop just because there's always a chance the flop goes against you. I find consistency over many hands is better for your end results versus trying to take your chances on many hands that may knock you out.

Remember it only takes one hand to knock you out. The longer you can stay in the game the better your chances are to make it to the final table. It's all about risk management for me!

M

Madragalahad

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's never "safe" to go all in preflop. That doesn't mean it's not the best play sometimes. You can't know what cards will appear on the board. But you can read your own situation, and assess your opponents. Remember there's a big difference between raising AI and calling. In an MTT, most players will only call with a reasonably strong hand; in a cash game, most will call only with a very strong hand. If you're short-stacked in an MTT you'll likely get one or more calls anyway if you shove, but surely that's what you want in that situation? If stacks are pretty even, most of your opponents will be more cautious, although in the first 20 minutes of an MTT there are usually plenty of maniacs around. I don't recommend open raising AI in most circumstances: whatever your starting hand, there's little point in shoving and ending up just stealing the blinds, but shoving against a 3-4 BB raise and two or more callers is a much better risk.

K

kubistok

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's never "safe" to go all in preflop. That doesn't mean it's not the best play sometimes. You can't know what cards will appear on the board. But you can read your own situation, and assess your opponents. Remember there's a big difference between raising AI and calling. In an MTT, most players will only call with a reasonably strong hand; in a cash game, most will call only with a very strong hand. If you're short-stacked in an MTT you'll likely get one or more calls anyway if you shove, but surely that's what you want in that situation? If stacks are pretty even, most of your opponents will be more cautious, although in the first 20 minutes of an MTT there are usually plenty of maniacs around. I don't recommend open raising AI in most circumstances: whatever your starting hand, there's little point in shoving and ending up just stealing the blinds, but shoving against a 3-4 BB raise and two or more callers is a much better risk.
I totally agree, I try to play similarly without undue risk.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when I have a max hand that I try to protect so as not to find myself facing several players or when my stack is less than or equal to 10BB it is all-in.

A

AssasinsNick

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok

Thanks You, i totally agree, now

A

Alexkaria

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There can be many different situations when I would go all in. It depends on the stack, my combination, the opponent who plays against me. Well, of course, if you take a separate situation preflop , it could even be a couple of ladies

adoadoado76

adoadoado76

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
every ticket is winning. and of course when you have it in your account:)don't think i'm not calculating, think