Aggressive or Calm? Which best technique?

Robin Moura

Robin Moura

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
good morning, good afternoon, good night everyone. Have you ever wondered what best technique to start at poker? I have been playing poker for over 10 years and I have seen many different techniques and players at first i was very aggressive in my play both in tournaments and casual games. today without a doubt I believe that the best technique is the one that you feel most comfortable! as well? for example today I play in a moderate way I am aggressive when necessary, I am calm when necessary there must be a social and psychological balance with emotions in the game of poker in 10 years of gambling in Porquer I already acquired some assets, but I also lost a lot, everything this is based on years of games and changes in strategies until finally mastering the technique of balance. so I hope that with this report for everyone that is starting now I can help in some way to see its principles and find the most perfect game method for your success in poker thanks to everyone especially to Cardscash for and teaching how to play real poker.

Z

zerosalex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
smart aggressive for tournaments since blinds go up, and passive for cash live since you can wait for good hand vs desperate villains.

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I’d actually argue that the absolute best mindset for poker is to simultaneously be calm and aggressive. Aggression that’s just a blind rage will result in mistakes, as will being calm to the point of excess passivity. What we want is to play with an aggressive demeanor that’s still in total (calm) control :)

GDKavindu

GDKavindu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LK
Chips
The first attack of the game should be aggressive.Then calm down

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
good morning, good afternoon, good night everyone. Have you ever wondered what best technique to start at poker? I have been playing poker for over 10 years and I have seen many different techniques and players at first i was very aggressive in my play both in tournaments and casual games. today without a doubt I believe that the best technique is the one that you feel most comfortable! as well? for example today I play in a moderate way I am aggressive when necessary, I am calm when necessary there must be a social and psychological balance with emotions in the game of poker in 10 years of gambling in Porquer I already acquired some assets, but I also lost a lot, everything this is based on years of games and changes in strategies until finally mastering the technique of balance. so I hope that with this report for everyone that is starting now I can help in some way to see its principles and find the most perfect game method for your success in poker thanks to everyone especially to Cardscash for and teaching how to play real poker.

I think the best style for winning at poker is to be dynamic and adaptive to what the table is giving you. On tighter games being more aggressive makes sense, while in crazy games playing a solid and patient game will usually get the job done.

Patience, Discipline, and a willingess to gamble when the time is right are always good traits to have :)

Robin Moura

Robin Moura

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
smart aggressive for tournaments since blinds go up, and passive for cash live since you can wait for good hand vs desperate villains.

exactly my friend hope you enjoyed it and thanks for participating

Robin Moura

Robin Moura

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would recommend to be aggressive. Gives you more options to win and can force your opponents to make mistakes.

Hi, being aggressive is good, but there are several ways you can end up losing hands because the opponent may end up paying the bets and winning so they will discover your technique, thanks for participating.

Robin Moura

Robin Moura

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I’d actually argue that the absolute best mindset for poker is to simultaneously be calm and aggressive. Aggression that’s just a blind rage will result in mistakes, as will being calm to the point of excess passivity. What we want is to play with an aggressive demeanor that’s still in total (calm) control :)

this is exactly what I come here to demonstrate because it has to be balanced aggressive when necessary and calm when necessary thanks for participating

Robin Moura

Robin Moura

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The first attack of the game should be aggressive.Then calm down

It is a good but not very recommended, there must be a balance between attack and defense with high and low hands.

Robin Moura

Robin Moura

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the best style for winning at poker is to be dynamic and adaptive to what the table is giving you. On tighter games being more aggressive makes sense, while in crazy games playing a solid and patient game will usually get the job done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tTLaVXrUts

Patience, Discipline, and a willingess to gamble when the time is right are always good traits to have :)

Hi, how are you ? very well summarized this is what I try to spend here with wisdom comes the knowledge and experience to adapt to different situations of games

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it just depends on the person, some play better when they are "stressed" and others play better "relaxed". In either mental state its important to adapt to your opponents play.

rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
HI. I ALWAYS LIKE THE BALANCE. DEPENDING ON THE TOURNAMENT INITIALLY I AM AGGRESSIVE AND IN OTHER I STAY IN PASSIVE.

ObbleeXY

ObbleeXY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Tight and aggressive is a good starting point...but be sure to adjust!

Poker is constantly evolving and different games at different sites appeal to varying ways to play. Bottom line, there is no single right answer which fits all situations.

I think it is reasonable to say that for cash games, you might want to be patient, almost passive with fits of aggression. Playing too consistently will let people get a handle on you and that is bad. Remember to mix it up.

Jonathan little talks a lot about setting up your strategy and then adjusting to the reality of the table. Adjusting is critical. I've found that in some games, especially at the lower end (fee wise), you can get onto a table where people simply never fold. Well, you had better adjust your bluffs if this is the case, because you can easily haemorrhage out your wins by splashing around too aggressively and getting called down by Ace high.

Tight and aggressive is a good starting point...but be sure to adjust!

perrypip

perrypip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Aggression in poker simply refers to how frequently you bet. It has nothing to do with your emotional state. You should always be calm when you play poker.

In fact players who are too passive are usually that way because they're nervous. And players who are too aggressive are usually that way because they're too greedy and impatient.

Aggression is encouraged in poker because most beginning players play too passively. But that doesn't mean you just play like a maniac. You have to have balance in your game. There are spots for passive play and spots for aggressive play. When you stay calm you be able to pick out these spots provided you've studied the theory as well.

Robin Moura

Robin Moura

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Aggression in poker simply refers to how frequently you bet. It has nothing to do with your emotional state. You should always be calm when you play poker.

In fact players who are too passive are usually that way because they're nervous. And players who are too aggressive are usually that way because they're too greedy and impatient.

Aggression is encouraged in poker because most beginning players play too passively. But that doesn't mean you just play like a maniac. You have to have balance in your game. There are spots for passive play and spots for aggressive play. When you stay calm you be able to pick out these spots provided you've studied the theory as well.

good reply

D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I tend to be TAG in full ring games and LAG HUs and when there are less players on table.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The title of this post is misleading. The opposite of being aggressive in poker is not to be calm, it is to be passive. At the same time the opposite of being calm is not to be aggressive. it is to be emotional, which is also called being on tilt. Being emotional / on tilt is obviously bad, because then you are not making rational decisions. Being aggressive is generally better than being passive, even though this is a bit of a simplification. So the answer is, you want to be aggressive AND calm, when you play poker.

offeron

offeron

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On a weak field, an aggressive style is the best option.

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I've been playing for more than 15 years now and I admit that I don't have a simple answer to that. I know that being aggressive is recommended by a lot of pros and coaches, but I couldn't really embrace it because it often got me in a lot of trouble.
What I came to realize is that, in poker, you have to be able to use different strategies accordingly. It's the table dynamic that dictate which way you should go. So getting into a session, be prepared for anything and bring your "lucky star" with you :)

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the best technique is to adapt to the game according to the moment, being aggressive or passive all the time does not work many times, at least for me, I have discovered that when you find the right moment to be aggressive you are and when you it has to be calm it is calm. Regards ;)

jcxmendes

jcxmendes

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
be aggressive or calm, for me and it will also depend on the villain as he behaves at the table in the plays he participated in or notes that I have from the villain!

C

caracaski220

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
caracaski220

Aggressive is allways best. Other wise, you are usually the victim. But of course you have to be smart and be aware of your opponents range an also your position.

Sschafell

Sschafell

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I believe you have to adapt to the table, example if the table is very aggressive I play a few hands and hope for value, but if I am passive I open my range of hands is a matter of adaptation!