After winning I changed

nyjah0

nyjah0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi! I'm 19 years old, playing NLHE Poker (play money) for about 8 years now on & off. I started playing real money just a month ago on pokerstars.
and since I don't want to deposit I grinded freerolls for almost everyday 12-14 hours a day I even dreamt of playing poker and winning it, I am so obsessed that I read books, watch videos etc etc. and then one day I played my "A game" won 1st place and 1x 2nd place with a 3700 - 5000 players fighting for a 50$ prize pool. Now that I have won I feel like I'm not doing my best any more it's like whatever to me but I still want to win but not as much like before that I was really concentrated, focus and such. I don't know.. But I guess I need to stop playing free rolls and actually start playing with bigger prizepool in it.
( sorry for my english ;) )

R

Rollex

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know one guy who forgor about poker after wining one big tourney. It's like he did everything, now he is on top and he stopped playing.

Freerolls won't give you normal gameplay, hard to win money.

Go to $ or stop forever.

M

mr_poker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In freerolls it is good to play in the beginning of career, but it is necessary to develop and start to play for money.

A

AlexTheOwl

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker always holds new challenges. Even the greatest players will tell you they are always trying to improve their game.

But if you have lost interest, there is nothing wrong with doing something else instead!

You were grinding 12-14 hours a day. That's a lot. Maybe you just need a vacation from poker.

The worst thing would be to play with real money when you are not able to play your A game. You would just be throwing money away.

Emixilian

Emixilian

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to reconsider this and thake it easy.. thats my opinion... look at poker as your hobby or as your job, but not as your obsession cuz its a negative way to look at it . Good luck at the tables !

Alex Kim27

Alex Kim27

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
make a little rest from poker. and then try to play in tournaments with a large prize pool.

Delenia

Delenia

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Focus is important. It sounds like you enjoy the challenge. If you look at each higher buy-in as another challenge to be conquered, it might help you to stay focused.
And the 12-14 hours a day is way too much. You will get (or may have) burn-out and performance will lag. Balance in life is best.

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
That's great! Freerolls give you a bankroll to start your next chapter in poker.

ankitantil

ankitantil

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thats good i think you are ready to face real pros but still there huge diffrence between play money and real money. We do make stupid call in play money. So play accordingly. Wish you all the best for your future in poker
. :)

S

SlavaUa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never forget that freerolls it is like one kind of poker (trash hand that win, not very good pleyers etc.) and poker where are money are so different and not easy to play.

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Grinding Freerolls is why Cardschat has these freerolls every day. It gives you the opportunity to learn, have fun, then socialize with other poker players in a friendly environment. There is always more to learn. Don't jump to larger stakes before you are ready; that's like expecting to run before you've learned to walk.

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Take a break until you really want to play again and can't stand it anymore! :)

korneel

korneel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing 12-14 hours a day isn't that healthy...
Where do you even find the time?
Don't you need to work/go to school and sleep...
and just enjoy life in general?

R

RUNONWON09

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you should move up. Sounds like if you had a stake in the game it would move you to play hard. It will give you that edge you probably need. It will keep you sharp. Playing for big tourney payouts or large cash pots will be a change for the better too. Just find a comfortable $ limit. Having too big of a stake could be a detriment to your game.

S

spottedflyer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try not to get obsessed as much, your brain needs to rest as much as your bidy, maybe even more so, and poker does get you exausted, rest is the key :)

A

Andy_mirON

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
12-14 hours a day is way too much.
Take a rest from poker a little bit and then put a new goal - to achieve such a victory in which the particular event, and can then again you'll be good to play and be purposeful.

Viera56

Viera56

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, I'm sorry to inform you but you chose the most competitive sport in the world. And as you increase the buy-in, the more difficulty you have. There is no fool in this game, especially when it involves money.

A

Aknight3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just focus more then lol u gotta want it