Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
is there anyone trains or played in advancedpokertraining.com?

what you think about? is good? :thrasher::laugh::pepsi: sorry but these smile list is fun

X

xy23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I signed up for a subscription on there long ago. Im not sure if anything changed but the only reason why I stopped is because the bots were just way too easy to play against. Their shoving/calling ranges were any two cards and I remember thinking that it was probably great for beginners just starting off at poker

poker_bro

poker_bro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have used Advanced Poker Training for a long time. I just purchased a lifetime membership.

APT is the perfect place to learn a mathematical approach to poker.

I am not that kind of person who can learn from complex courses or books, game theory etc, the best way to learn for me is by doing, that's why I love APT.

I signed up for a subscription on there long ago. Im not sure if anything changed but the only reason why I stopped is because the bots were just way too easy to play against. Their shoving/calling ranges were any two cards and I remember thinking that it was probably great for beginners just starting off at poker

Yes, you are right; they are still just bots, but those bots are not definitely easy to beat. Maybe you have not played enough hands?
Also, you can't learn to recognize timing tells and that kind of psychological stuff. This is the perfect place to start as a beginner, but many top pros also use this software. You have to just find how to use this software effectively. For me, this is mainly a warm-up tool. I play 50-100 hands with APT before each poker session.

The best feature I like about this software is that you can study how to play a specific hand, specific situations etc.

Here is my Advanced Poker Training video from yesterday:

I tried to learn In Position game, especially when not to Cbet on the Flop IP.

Also, with the premium version you get a specific training plan of your problem areas each week, that's very valuable feature.

In summary, in my opinion and my experience, APT is a very cheap software and it will pay itself back very fast. No boring studying and that kind of stuff, just play as many hands as possible and see how your winrate go up as it did to me.

But no pros without cons. As xy23 said, they are bots. You can't just follow bot advisor 100% literally. So this is not a perfect training tool for the complete beginner, but the free version could be good enough. Choose to see a summary of all the advisors and use your brains (very recommended for serious poker players). Also, it is hard to adjust the proper difficulty level to real poker. Make your own research and choose from many advisors. Petri Hautala and Andre Kamanev are best in my opinion.

If you are HUD loyal and want to adjust your stats, APT is the place for that. But this is not that good for live players, I think.

poker_bro

poker_bro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have to add this comment. I have been lately in the terrible downswing. I spent two days a lot of hands with APT. Yesterday I tried to play some tournaments and surprise, I got a second place (won 30 buy ins)
I think playing in downswing increases scarcity level, and by playing with virtual money it helps not to be so attached to the "real money" situations. So I have to add APT also increases courage.

M

Moriarty_001

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Advanced Poker Training is a SCAM

In 2019 I subscribed with APT, because I was interested in the bots. But as another member also mentioned, the bots are too predictable and they make many basic errors.

While I was trying out their website, I found a technical error, and informed them about it by email. They replied the email, and then corrected the technical error. However, because the content was not what I expected, I cancelled my subscription.

I signed up for trial subscription (free refund within 30 days), but ended it on the 1st day I subscribed. I then asked APT to refund my subscription fee by email, but never received a reply regarding my refund. Even after several emails, they never replied. They only reply to emails if it is in their own interest.

This company is a scam. Their content is not relevant, and they don't fulfil their legal obligation towards customers.

Instead of APT I moved to pokercoaching.com by Jonathan Little. His site is much more valuable, and has a very good practice by going through real life hands (hand by hand training videos) from him and other professionals. Each street during a hand you are given several options and you need to make a choice. For different choices you receive different amount of points, and there is also a clear explanation of the different answers. I have learnt a lot from these training videos.

Furthermore, a good GTO pokerbook imo is Modern Poker Theory by Acevedo (Jonathan Little also recommends it).

Last, attached is a print screen of the last email I sent to APT. I never received a reply regarding my 3rd and last request for a refund.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-05-31 at 10.45.06.jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-05-31 at 10.45.06.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 13