Ace KING ace jack ace queen.

E

eagleaces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ace face suited or not? i see many ppl over play these hands in the poker rooms. I am just curious to know what you would do in Position one a 9h 2d 5s flop. Opponent Bets into you even though you were the preflop raiser. How often do you call or shove. Be honest cause from what i see everyone gets it in.

Me i would shove almost never and call almost always. The fold is for the rare time my gut screams fold.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most of this decision is player dependent. Sounds to me like, since you see a lot of jams over, that you play a lot of open freerolls (nothing wrong with that) and therefore are running into people that really dont care as much as they should and just want to take a chance at getting a big stack. The first thing I normally do in this type of situation is try to paint my opponent as what kind of player? Meaning are they aggro or passive, bluffy or like a rock, and so on. Once you have some idea of general parameters of your opponent you can know then if calling or folding is the better % play. If I knew nothing about my opponent then my default play would be to float the flop since I am in position and see what the turn brings not only in the card that turns but also my opponents action. From there I should be able to make a good decision on what should be done with the hand.

P

Pelicanvisions

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Forget math I like when the colors match.

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It obviously depends on a ton of factors such as opponents, stack sizes and position, not just the board texture. Deep-stacked, these hands are surprisingly quite a bit better when suited - but even then ALL of these hands can lose you a lot of chips if you aren't careful.

Generally speaking, AK is a strong starting hand and you'll usually want to be getting value from this hand - if the flop doesn't help you though, you should be careful and not call off huge bets with the hope of improving - you still only have Ace-high if you don't improve. Also, AK is typically in a coin-flip situation with any pocket pair. I am not a math person by any means, but from what I've observed, AK is usually just a hand that gets one pair with a strong kicker (maybe someone with a poker program can verify this or correct me if I'm mistaken).

AQ plays virtually identical to AK except that now you have to worry about AK hands beating you too.

AJ is considerable worse than AK or AQ in deep-stacked poker, but it is still a solid hand at lower stack sizes - especially if suited again due to the potential for hitting the nut-flush (although still unlikely).

These are just my observations on these hands, but perhaps someone more informed may enlighten us both on the subject :)