About Dan Harrington's books

D

DanielSchmidt54

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey there you guys
I'll go directly to the point: I am interessed in buy some books about poker and i'm thinking if some of the old classic tips are still good to apply against the field of micro limits.
Im thinking about the first one of Dan Herrington's trilogy.
Anyone know if it worth the price these days?
Ty since
Lets get it!

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I have all his books and they are really amazing. One thing though....don't imagine you can just do a quick read and all will become clear...it takes considerable effort. These are thick books and will take time....don't rush through them...that is a waste of time. Take it easy and go over important points thoughtfully to get them to sink down into your subconcious

Alex_Ogienko

Alex_Ogienko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is not a good idea to study Harrington for online poker at micro limits. Because the books are big, it takes a lot of time to read and little use for online poker at micro limits.

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It is not a good idea to study Harrington for online poker at micro limits. Because the books are big, it takes a lot of time to read and little use for online poker at micro limits.
Excuse me?? little use??
If you have actually read them, perhaps you did not understand very well and should go over the material again

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Undoubtedly, books are a useful source of knowledge, but I prefer practical training. I believe that only through regular daily play can you gain the necessary experience and skills.

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The trilogy about tournament poker, I hope you already know that. There is also a "Harrington on cash games" available that comes in only two volumes.
You can buy all the "trilogy" for about 16 bucks on Ebay with free shipping (used, but in good condition), so the money is not that much.

NWPatriot

NWPatriot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have all his books and they are really amazing. One thing though....don't imagine you can just do a quick read and all will become clear...it takes considerable effort. These are thick books and will take time....don't rush through them...that is a waste of time. Take it easy and go over important points thoughtfully to get them to sink down into your subconcious

Good advice. Great books.

There are some books that give bad advice, and these are the books to avoid. Dan Harrington's are not that kind of book. Though some will say the info in Dan's books may be a bit out of date, that does not mean they are not worth reading and understanding. If you want to improve and learn these should definitely be part of that experience.

L

ledris

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can find and download these books for free from the internet!

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can find and download these books for free from the internet!

I have tried and not been able to download any Harrington poker books for free. Maybe you know something I don't, in which case it would be nice to share your insight with us.