AA getting beat over twenty times this week.

S

SodYerAA

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I joined SKY poker to try a bankroll challenge and everything was going fine until I started getting pocket AA. I've tried shoving, tried slow playing them raising and reraising and over 20 times this week they've been toppled, in fact I haven't won once with them.

Has anyone else had this? Or is it maybe that I was Adolph Hitler in a previous life and karma is paying me back?

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I joined SKY poker to try a bankroll challenge and everything was going fine until I started getting pocket AA. I've tried shoving, tried slow playing them raising and reraising and over 20 times this week they've been toppled, in fact I haven't won once with them.

Has anyone else had this? Or is it maybe that I was Adolph Hitler in a previous life and karma is paying me back?

I can't think of a time I have ever had pocket Ace's 20 times in the matter of a week...... never mind lose with them every time. Never heard of SKY poker? is it a regulated site? Can USA players play there? I would never recommend slow playing them, I usually open them the same I open ALL hands, and evaluate on later streets to determine how to go about them. Sometimes I fold if I feel like I'm beat... I mean it's just one pair.. If you aren't exaggerating and really have lost with Ace's 20 times this week then I would qualify that as runbad. however I really think you're exaggerating a little.

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can't think of a time I have ever had pocket Ace's 20 times in the matter of a week......

lol
I have aces 20 times a day. Volume my friend.

anyway if someone loses 20times aces in a row (what is possible but I clearly don't believe in that) then mostly you make some mistakes postflop. Post every hand on forum and I'm pretty sure we will find huge mistakes there.

Ronaldo7

Ronaldo7

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just bad week with variance... Just play them right and it will al come back!!

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
lol
I have aces 20 times a day. Volume my friend.

anyway if someone loses 20times aces in a row (what is possible but I clearly don't believe in that) then mostly you make some mistakes postflop. Post every hand on forum and I'm pretty sure we will find huge mistakes there.

lol Ya'll must have more luck than me haha I play 3K hands a week and have never had Ace's 20 times lol I've had 10/3o 20 times :)

Yea, my point was I believe the OP is exaggerating. I agree with Misaki post the hands, and I'm sure most of the losses could have been avoided.

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play 4-6k hands a day.

I believe you get em. I just want on the train too. Maybe in the upcoming weeks I'll get them 30 times since I've been without for so long. Even with my small amount of play. That's a lot of volume! how many tables on average?

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe you get em. I just want on the train too. Maybe in the upcoming weeks I'll get them 30 times since I've been without for so long. Even with my small amount of play. That's a lot of volume! how many tables on average?

it's like I play most of the day. 4-6 tables and 8-10 hours with breaks. Sometimes 2-3 tables zoom. I prepare food, water, make breaks every hour like 5-10mins and after that I still have time to make other things. Everything is about good ethic. Of course I don't play every day like 3-4 days a week, but If I play I like to do long sessions.

but you know. On pokerstars or partypoker everything is easier. You can find games almost always.

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it's like I play most of the day. 4-6 tables and 8-10 hours with breaks. Sometimes 2-3 tables zoom. I prepare food, water, make breaks every hour like 5-10mins and after that I still have time to make other things. Everything is about good ethic. Of course I don't play every day like 3-4 days a week, but If I play I like to do long sessions.

but you know. On Pokerstars or PartyPoker everything is easier. You can find games almost always.

Yea... no way I’m able to put in that kind of volume on ACR. Plus I feel like I make worse decisions multi tabling.

abzdolc

abzdolc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't tilt, AA 82 % only vs one player preflop, but in other way they have less.
Try to improve your preflop, try to put all chips with pocket AA on preflop. On draw board - don't give opps free way to see the turn or river, thay have to pay a lot, sometimes even try to put 75% of bank as C-bet.

TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

The chance is very small, but it can happen with anything hand that does not have a 100% chance of victory, that is, every hand :(

And it will happen again, the issue is "be prepared" for it (though it is easier in theory:), gl)

The Boss

The Boss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Have you considered that maybe the reason why you're losing with AA is because you're not playing them properly postflop? Yes, AA is the best preflop. However, it is not always the best hand postflop and over-committing yourself to AA postflop when it is likely you are way behind of your opponent's likely holdings can be a big reason why you are losing.

G

Gabe16

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No mate not 20 times in a row! Sometimes a few times.

S

SodYerAA

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I didn't mean in a row back to back every hand I was getting them, but anyway whatever evil spirit was hanging over my head seems to have gone, it's probably just variance I had them twice last night after posting and both times I won. I multi table 2 - 4 tables at a time but yeah I've never had AA se much and never lost with it like that, it was weird.

It must just have been some strange bit of seriously bad luck.

S

SodYerAA

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Have you considered that maybe the reason why you're losing with AA is because you're not playing them properly postflop? Yes, AA is the best preflop. However, it is not always the best hand postflop and over-committing yourself to AA postflop when it is likely you are way behind of your opponent's likely holdings can be a big reason why you are losing.

I get what your saying, I had started to shove with them because there were so many donks calling, for example on one shove I had an idiot calling with 72o he hit two pair on the flop, and it just kept on happening, I've honestly never seen anything like this kind of run, I had ran my bankroll from £50 up to over £300 in less than a week and then lost it all back with AA, KK and QQ, everything was going wrong that could go wrong, perhaps its just variance but wow it was painful, I guess it happens, the best thing I can do now is put it behind me and move on, it's happened and I just need accept that AA probably cost me close to 3 or 4 hundred quid as I kept winning but losing with monster hands, it was horrible, tilting and really put me in a negative place.

Gamebreakr25

Gamebreakr25

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Hi. I just want to say that having AA that many times in a week is ALOT. Wow. The odds of getting AA is like 1 out of every 320 hands or something like that. But if you had them that many times AND lost every one of them ... That may be the craziest thing I HAVE EVER HEARD !!!! I have never heard of SKY poker. I live in the US, so my options are limited anyways. I wish you the best, and have a good evening :cool:

Gamebreakr25

Gamebreakr25

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't think of a time I have ever had pocket Ace's 20 times in the matter of a week...... never mind lose with them every time. Never heard of SKY poker? is it a regulated site? Can USA players play there? I would never recommend slow playing them, I usually open them the same I open ALL hands, and evaluate on later streets to determine how to go about them. Sometimes I fold if I feel like I'm beat... I mean it's just one pair.. If you aren't exaggerating and really have lost with Ace's 20 times this week then I would qualify that as runbad. however I really think you're exaggerating a little.
Hey Memphis !!! How are ya buddy? I was thinking the exact same thing. I don't think I have ever had AA that many times in a week, and DEFINITELY haven't lost with them 20 out of 20 times !!!! I haven't heard of SKY poker, but something fishy is goin going on up in here !!!!! Ha Ha. I don't slow play AA either. It's just asking for problems. Take care man :cool:

S

SodYerAA

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi. I just want to say that having AA that many times in a week is ALOT. Wow. The odds of getting AA is like 1 out of every 320 hands or something like that. But if you had them that many times AND lost every one of them ... That may be the craziest thing I HAVE EVER HEARD !!!! I have never heard of SKY poker. I live in the US, so my options are limited anyways. I wish you the best, and have a good evening :cool:

I was multi tabling 4 tables at a time on six max, I've had AA 3 times now since the initial post I made here and they've all won, it was just the sickest downsing I've ever came across. Your right about how rare it is to get them, but it isn't that rare when you consider I'm running through hundreds of hands an hour playing 4 tables as six max is a fast game x 4 tables.

Don't get me wrong I've never had a run where I've seen so many, I had them on two tables at the same time and both lost, crazy stuff.
I was actually starting to think that Sky maybe had algorithms working to make the games fairer for donks I know Virgin poker does that as they told me they do, but I don't think Sky does but I can't be sure, maybe they do.

S

SodYerAA

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I've had them twice since my last post both times winning and I posted around an hour ago, it's just when your going through the volume when multi tabling you do get them fairly often, not often enough mind :)

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It is an overstatement. Or you win more than 80 times in the same week, or that server/platform is a scam, manipulating the game. Get out now! Don't waste your time on there, much less your time.

D

DenizR95

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Pocket Aces and poker kings fold them preflop, they are rigged on online poker world. So if you want to win play with 7 2 ofsuit that's how it works on online poker.

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AA are not bulletproof be careful with them.

Gamebreakr25

Gamebreakr25

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pocket Aces and poker kings fold them preflop, they are rigged on online poker world. So if you want to win play with 7 2 ofsuit that's how it works on online poker.
Ha Ha Ha !!!! I know right? 7 2 offsuit is BEAST !!!! But seriously though, don't fold AA or KK ... Unless you are at my table ;) Take care :cool:

Stevan

Stevan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well it happend to me couple of times, but not that many times in a row. Idk man, make a small break, clear ur head a bit, it might help. I guess that was a coincidence

T

TheCrownGuy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Aces as any other pocket pair needs to be plaid with care!

Two recent examples from yesterday: 1. I got pocket pairs and a third Ace came on the flop to be blow away by flush! 2. I had 78 suited and beat pocket Aces with straight.

Aces are not bullet proof and there is not 100% winning strategy! You may like to observe the action on the table and play various ways to see which one works best for you.

I had some up/down with ACes and take it as part of Poker - "Expect the unexpected!"

Good luck! :)