AA bets

D

devsa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:star:Would it be better to just flat call 4bet with AA instead of 5bet The opponent will definitely fold to 5bet.By flat calling, you let them c-bet . When you 5bet They will fold all 4bet bluffs:D

H

HungryLyan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would re-raise all in on 4bet or 5bet. I would take the pot even if it's small as I've had so many bad beats with AA at showdown that it has been so frustrating.

S

sergey3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:star:Would it be better to just flat call 4bet with AA instead of 5bet The opponent will definitely fold to 5bet.By flat calling, you let them c-bet . When you 5bet They will fold all 4bet bluffs:D
Nice plan! I'll try this option today, if I'm lucky and will get AA.

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Even here, an enemy, how many people, or, and, It depends on the situation of the place.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To me it depends on what kind of game you are playing in therefore the skill level of opponents you are playing against. Very good opponents but not extremely skilled opponents will know that when they are playing against someone who is near on the same level as them that yes a 5 bet highly likely means aces. I ruled out the extremely skilled bunch because those players are good enough to 4 and 5 bet bluff well and in those circles a 5 bet does not mean aces.

However, if you are playing anything mid high stakes and down in my opinion and you get 4 bet while you have aces I think you can just jam it and not be making a mistake. For it to be a mistake your opponent would have to be 4 bet bluffing which is usually rare and even if they are how much so you expect to get from them pot flop anyway? Usually they are not going to 4 bet bluff with 109 diamonds, flop a 10 and goes crazy with it. You much more likely will be against hands that will not be able to find the fold button if they 4 bet so just jam it and be good with it.

Plus I did not mention anything about stack depth which is going to play a role in this. If you are playing in a tournament somewhere where you are 300BB deep and the 4 bet is only 20BB then obviously we are not shoving that and we can go ahead and do numerous moves to milk value. In that specific spot I still like 5 betting though as it will get more value in the long run by increasing the pot size. If we start the hand effectively at 60BB then I say jam the aces with a 5 bet when facing a 20BB 4 bet as 1/3rd is already in and I dont think they would be folding.

C

chpoken

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Raise 3-5 bb if u opened, or make 3 bet 8-12bb for isolate

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it depends on the situation. but in general it is better to bet * 4 your opponent's raise to try to isolate QQ or KK. you should not give your opponents the opportunity to see free cards. AA is the best hand in the game preflop but it is not invincible.

elizeuof

elizeuof

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With AA you can 3bet, 4bet, 5bet, or just reraise allin.

With reads and notes you can understand how your opponent plays and what are the best strategy to extract more value with this strong hand, but always careful with the flop and cards that can turn his cards more strong than yours.

Vampduk

Vampduk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is something I'm just starting to get. Before, I would check if I thought I could let them keep raising, and sometimes that works, but sometimes your AA gets beat by a set of 7s or two pair 8s and 2s.

Then again raising doesn't necessarily mean all in.

M

Mahdi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd rather 5bet and take it now rather than play huge pot with AA, because it's so hard to fold them when needed...

arenaci

arenaci

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on the stack sizes. If we are super deep I prefer going all in. By calling we let Villaint realise his implied odds. If we are shallow then I can call sometimes being ready to get it in postflop.

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There's a lot of things this depends on game type, stack sizes ,opponents etc.
Yes you could get no action with 5betting all in but you could also just flat and then if the flop comes Ahigh and they are holding QQ or KK it will kill your action anyway. I prefer to just get it if possible

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
5bet the absolute minimum for the lolz, call off 6bet jam.

Vampduk

Vampduk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd rather 5bet and take it now rather than play huge pot with AA, because it's so hard to fold them when needed...
It's quite easy to ignore what comes up because you have a pair of Aces, and you lose it all to a straight.

C

chpoken

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rase 3-5 BB. After 3-bet make 4-bet all-in