A scares me

Laurenfergus

Laurenfergus

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Every time I get a A in my hand I get scared and struggle how to play the had I mean AA AQ and AK I will just go all in but when it comes down to A2 A3 A4 and so on I don't know how to play it. Any suggestions.

Matanzima

Matanzima

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I advise you to study poker.

Read good books with analysis of movements in the phases of the game and one hand.

Poker is not a short handbook, it involves a lot of things and you have to be prepared to face the opportunities that the game presents you.

Going all-in with top cards spoils a very important principle that is the maximum draw of a hand.
This situation that makes great players, who make the most chips of a good hand

niphon56

niphon56

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A-K~A-T, all-in
A-5~A-2,Call or fold
A-6~A-9,fold

R

ritehere

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it scares you that much.Then set it in your mind to only play them when they are suited.

chicopaw

chicopaw

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
any A, top kicker ,suited hi,, is a good starting hand..Matanzima is right about studying books but with all the training Vid's out there it's equally fine,spending time researching these are invaluable and soft on the pocket book[free]. video's give you insight easier as they provide a seat at the table as if ur actually playing
For me i can feel the plays rather then reading and trying to picture the plays from pre-flop to showdown,

All hands can fit into ur catetgory, So much depends on you're position,!!! how many players are involved ???, are they tight , loose, or a complete idiot
The more u play and study up ,the more you will feel confident in ur play
Don't let the freerolls with big fields distract and get you in a bad playing practices from things u learn from researching poker

We all have had bad beats, bad days lasting from 1 game to days of loosing with what we think were the best hands, questioning whether I played it right,, all the way to showdown, and thinking what else can go wrong, or maybe i should try playing different
Be Patient, Dont start second guessing yourself .
If you feel that you have played properly, ur game will Succeed and Be Rewarded,and you'll realize ur doing something right

GOOD LUCK MY FRIEND, may the poker gods be with you

Last edited: