Originally Posted by tenbob
Ok your on the button in a sit and go, UTG (First to act) Raises 3XBB you get 5 callers and you look down to see. You have the average chip stack, with not much variance between the other players. It is a loose aggressive game.
What is your play here ??
1 ... CALL, why ? And what flop are you hoping for (Dont say JJJ or JJ10 or something stupid, something realistic)
2 ... FOLD , Why ? What are your reasons for this
3 ... RAISE , Why ? How much do you raise ? Do you think you are ahead at this stage and why ?
4 ... Push ALL IN ? Why ?
5 ... What conditions do you need to have a playable hand on the flop ?
Well here is my input into the situation, (seems that the newbies arnt interseted in posting) there is not really any right or wrong answer on this one, not going to go into the math.
1. Call.. You have position, and some good high suited connectors, you have the correct pot odds, and its a hand thats very easy to drop if the flop dosnt hit.
2. Fold.. With that many players in the hand, yours is marginal at best, its quite possible that this could be an action hand, one that may knock out one or even more players, leaving you in a better position to make the money.
3. Raise... Here is the play that i like a lot, but only if you have a good solid table image, the pot here is big, and a good solid raise here will give you some excellent information. If UTG Re-raises then you know he has one of the top 2 or 3 starting hands, you will probably get the marginal hands off the hand, and the likelyhood of everyone checking to you after the flop is high, great if you have hit a draw.
4. ALL-IN ... Again if your table image is strong, you could be put on a high pocket pair, but its a dangerous play, expect at least UTG to call you.
5. This is an easy one, the low straight is great, but the high one is even better, any open ended straight, or 4 flush is also excellent. But you have to remember that with this sort of action, the likelyhood is that most of the high cards are out already, so expect a low or mid flop.
That would be my thoughts on the hand, I still like the raise here, you are taking control of the table, and while i know is basically a bluff, you are likely to get a taste of a draw on the flop, but if there is action ahead of you, its an easy fold.