• Start date
S

Salavat Kozhakhmetov

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
how to play these hands, after the opponent makes a big raise from UTG1?is it worth dropping or still trying to play, immediately in the head there are a lot of thoughts that the opponent has at least A K or a ready strong pair of type A A K K Q Q?

R

RocwX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you think that anytime your opponent raises from UTG+1 they have AK+? Even if they do have those hands you could win some of the time. If it's just a standard preflop raise, I would surely call to see a flop and then reevaluate. You even have position on them.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, difficult decision because it does not depend on just the hand you have AQ-AJ- A10, it depends on your stack and on what part of the tournament you are, as well as how you evaluate this player's game style, so I mention my possible answers depending of some of these situations that I mentioned before:

1) If my stack is short and the blinds are going to kill me then the answer is obvious allin.
2) If my stack is good but the player is a loose-aggressive I probably call.
3) if my stack is medium and is a Tight player I fold.
3) If I have a very good stack and I'm encircling the ITM fold
4) In the final stages of the tournament after considering how many blinds I have and my chance to win the tournament and the villain's stack will not put me in a position to be eliminated, I call.

These are my considerations about the approach with these hands.

Greetings

dedok0525

dedok0525

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on the position in the game and your opponents.
On the speed of tournaments too. For example, in a turbo sng tournaments at an early stage, I would dropping a10
In multi-table tournaments I play with a10 from the position at all stages. I look at the flop, 3b calls if it is small in the early stage and middle. At a later stage I do 3b from the position and calls 3b out of position if my stack above average.