Is a player who folds a lot aggressive or passive?

6bet me

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know that "aggressive" means lots of betting and raising and "passive" means lots of checking and calling, but what about folding?

Imagine a player is a complete nit. They spend all day folding, folding and folding some more. They are super tight. They never chase draws. Unlike a calling station, they pretty much never call, only fold, fold and sometimes bet/raise. They basically only reach showdown when they have the best hand. They fold to C-bets and any sign of aggression a lot. They never bluff, never C-bet with air and basically only play the nuts and they bet/raise aggressively with the very few hands they choose to play.

Would you consider this kind of super tight player to be aggressive or passive?

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd say they're probably the easiest types of players to exploit.

I'd say they're just nitty-aggro.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
They are passive, but they don not really enjoy the game playing like this. They will not have so many winnings!

rawbad

rawbad

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I tried to play sorta like that and got no where I think a little aggression is needed to win

teepack

teepack

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The best word to describe that player would be loser.

Lucothefish

Lucothefish

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know that "aggressive" means lots of betting and raising and "passive" means lots of checking and calling, but what about folding?

Imagine a player is a complete nit. They spend all day folding, folding and folding some more. They are super tight. They never chase draws. Unlike a calling station, they pretty much never call, only fold, fold and sometimes bet/raise. They basically only reach showdown when they have the best hand. They fold to C-bets and any sign of aggression a lot. They never bluff, never C-bet with air and basically only play the nuts and they bet/raise aggressively with the very few hands they choose to play.

Would you consider this kind of super tight player to be aggressive or passive?
That's tight-weak in a nutshell

J

JPainTrainSicko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sounds like tight weak and aggressive.

vali246

vali246

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you keep folding and loosing your money,then when you get a monster hand,you don't get any value because they fold.

PapaC

PapaC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm a tight player, and some may say you can't win much like that, but that's not true with me. I win big pots instead of losing a lot of pots by being out there with 2nd best hands. However, I am opening up a lot as I learn from players here. But I always consider other things when I do play certain hand, like position. There is a lot to think about while I'm in a hand. Nearly everything I've learned here I've taken to the tables, and I have to say that it has worked. But sometimes nothing works.

Folding in Poker