A boy who talks too much at a table

M

mauvekim

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Last Tournament I played, was a satelite.
7 from 28 won a ticket for a little bigger event.
So I joined the game.

But at my table there was right to me a player that has to much show ... and talks too much ... also played verry loose agressive.

It works on my system, and I didnt have my headphone by me.
What should I do ?

When he calls my raise (I had AKs) he Q5 the flop went with only 2us remeaning. Badflop for me, because he hit 2pair Q5 7 on flop. River went a Hearts so I decide to bluff that I was making the flushdraw... he called... so I decide on the river to shove with a too big stack allin ... about 40K remeaning so thewas with my allin about 60K while avarage was 45K. while 14players left ...

And then happens, he talks to me .... and said... would you show me the cards if I fold ... and I said yes ... thats made his decission to follow and also got allin... I was broke.... also pissed up to him:mad::):(

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And then happens, he talks to me .... and said... would you show me the cards if I fold ... and I said yes ... thats made his decission to follow and also got allin... I was broke.... also pissed up to him:mad::):(
I would have told him "You have to pay to see my cards":)

M

mauvekim

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I remind that, I also heard from videos etc that you only have to show your cards with some reason to know some information .... and put others on a wrong feet.

M

Mike D_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Players can chat when someone is all-in? On what site do you play?

Stepgov

Stepgov

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always disable the chat. This prevents me.

ShinGraze

ShinGraze

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You just got worked over by a player who knows more than you.

It's a common question, and when you answer yes, you're basically saying "please fold because I'm weak here. I'll even show you my cards even though that's generally a silly thing to do". Had you said no, he might have folded.

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Prefer not to have dialogue,silence is Golden...

K

KarlAbbott01

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I personally enjoy a good chit chat, it gathers a lot of information even in between hands. Even asking someone who raises a random general question such as how did they start poker, nerves will always show.

Online I chat a lot, not a lot of people do though.

walluyo

walluyo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Last Tournament I played, was a satelite.
7 from 28 won a ticket for a little bigger event.
So I joined the game.

But at my table there was right to me a player that has to much show ... and talks too much ... also played verry loose agressive.

It works on my system, and I didnt have my headphone by me.
What should I do ?

When he calls my raise (I had AKs) he Q5 the flop went with only 2us remeaning. Badflop for me, because he hit 2pair Q5 7 on flop. River went a Hearts so I decide to bluff that I was making the flushdraw... he called... so I decide on the river to shove with a too big stack allin ... about 40K remeaning so thewas with my allin about 60K while avarage was 45K. while 14players left ...

That is doesn't matter of your dialog, hard for him to folded two pairs.

C

cheeeer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You just got worked over by a player who knows more than you.

It's a common question, and when you answer yes, you're basically saying "please fold because I'm weak here. I'll even show you my cards even though that's generally a silly thing to do". Had you said no, he might have folded.
Well it also could mean strong hand and reaction: ok.... if you don't call it anyway.... While when you have nothing I see no reason to show it. Just observation.
But in your example maybe he was interested more in reaction on the answer than the answer. And it looked like: oh finally. So he decided to call.

515bastos

515bastos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
internet effect, always disable the chat!

XXPXXP

XXPXXP

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Speak foreign language to him
like speak to him in Greek :D

AMTF1988

AMTF1988

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There's an article online, I believe it's called the power of silence.

I am a quiet person in groups so I often don't say anything except the occasional 'nice hand' in live games. It works for me and makes my poker face effortless as I'm not fighting back the urge to speak

A

Acunaaldje

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thats smart of him! You werd a step behind on that point.

M

mauvekim

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
funny note: I met him again on my table in a Tournament. I had pocket 66 and on the turn went another 6 ... Now I know he is a loose player, he raised.... so I move allin ... pot was higher at that moment... he also shove all in with AK high but no AK on the board. Great :) Karma is a bitch :). I played him to home and I double up in Midstage, I went 14 from 114 players. Just hit the bubble... without nothing. But my main goal was payback and that happened ;)

AMTF1988

AMTF1988

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
funny note: I met him again on my table in a Tournament. I had pocket 66 and on the turn went another 6 ... Now I know he is a loose player, he raised.... so I move allin ... pot was higher at that moment... he also shove all in with AK high but no AK on the board. Great :) Karma is a bitch :). I played him to home and I double up in Midstage, I went 14 from 114 players. Just hit the bubble... without nothing. But my main goal was payback and that happened ;)
Great, well done!!!

C

CHAVIKI

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Strategy

It's all strategy, not all players are quiet and calm, sometimes its a way to bluff, i doit sometimes and it works, sometimes you make the things you do when you get a bad han but continue playing with the winner hand, and at the en of the fifth card the other players almost every time have gone all in without any extra effort.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Talking is another part of the noise that can distract you from playing your best. Some opponents play their best when there is more chatter, when they are the distraction.

Last edited:
liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
silence is gold, especially in big pots. It's very hard to balance your bluff/value talk.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Looks like the player that talked too much got you to talk just enough.