3 bet opponent

R

rehanov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i play 5-10 cents table cash game NL
and i meet this regular , who 3 bets alotttttt and it makes me uncomfortable specially most of his hands doesnt rly reach showdown so i cant get a read on what cards he 3 bet with
i need a strategy to handle him and be comfortable when he 3 bets me , and what to do ,
examples : i raise 3bb with king queen suited he reraise to 10bb what to do i am out of position
i raise with ace 10 on the button he is in the bb , he raise to 10bb
he is doing it with every guy in and out of position but mostly in position

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sounds like good aggressive poker to me.

The solution is play big pot poker...its that simple. Tighten your range, start to see flops calling his 3bet, put out a 4bet, or shove over the top. No magic formula, most people are scared to play big pot poker and fold to the pressure. Personally, when I see someone with too many 3 bets in a cash game, I tighten up and we can play for stacks. You shove on him a few times and he will leave you alone.

oriole

oriole

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If he 3bets a lot then I would call 3-bet with A 10 in position and go from there.

edc1

edc1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
normaly when I'm up against a player like this I can do 2 things,play back at him ,or tighten up my range a bit and wait to take all their chips in 1 fell swoop ,looking to trap,maybe with a set or hitting flop hard,there,s a few ways to deal with an agro player

R

rehanov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i will try these tips and let u know how it goes

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
4-bet him the first hand he 3-bets you with. Just make it a foldable amount if you don't have a real hand (so 4-bet 24% or less).

Then see if he makes adjustments. Other option is open less hands when he has position on you, and call when you have position on him w/ your whole range.

Free cash game book here that covers all of this:
http://www.acepokersolutions.com/free-poker-books/

C

chronical

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if he really does 3bet much you 4bet or shove.
he does exploit you fold to 3bet so you should adjust.

!word of warning be surtain of your 4bet range vs him + that his 3bet range is weak if his 4bet range is AQs+ dont get to tricky

SeregaBear

SeregaBear

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play only with good cards against such guys like TT and above.

K

koskesh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play only with good cards against such guys like TT and above.
The problem with this strategy is that there is no guarantee that "good cards" will ensure a successful outcome for a player. I have been in many situations in online poker where my high pockets all-in against such aggressive players crack when they call with 10 3 off suit or some other similar garbage cards, get lucky and end up winning with two pair or something better. Unfortunately, luck often tends to favour the donkeys at the table.

SeregaBear

SeregaBear

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With good cards we play when our bankroll is more than 12 bb. When it's less we start to play in another range.