$29 bankroll - what would you play to build it?

Aslachiewicz

Aslachiewicz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$29 bankroll - what would you play to build it?

I have won a CC freeroll worth $22. I have been playing micro cash and have been feeling stagnant in my bankroll around 25-30$. What should I really be playing in order to build this?

Ive been trying HU and 6 man mainly in .05/.1$ cash.

always appreciate the input

Attachments

• acr bankroll.jpg
    acr bankroll.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 170
nml

nml

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely do not play .05/.10 cash. That’s half your bankroll and you’ll go broke with variance almost guaranteed

.01/.02 is much better for your BR. Still kind of low, as you’d like at least 20 buy in’s (I prefer 40), but you can’t go any lower. 13 buy in’s at such a soft level should be fine. Go up to .02/.05 at $100

M

martina pinto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would play 0.25 cent spin

Kingpoetmusic

Kingpoetmusic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play the multi table tournaments ranging from .55 to $2 buyins. This is a great low risk high reward if you cash high.

NBDG8477

NBDG8477

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sit n gos bud , micro 45 to 50 man should do the trick if your good enough you will make money i learned at a young age in poker not to go so big so quick the sharks will eat you alive ,expecially the ones with lots of coin and do not really care :) good luck man but i would really do micro sit n gos

B

Bodyguard

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Looks like an acr roll so .50 on demand in demands would be fine and give you enough wiggle room if you prefer tourneys.

M

Mikeloti13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play low buy in tournaments. You could profit and then go higher in stakes. Thats what i would do.

LJG23

LJG23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play another FREEROLL! The problem most people make is that now that I have a few dollars I need to use it, DON'T be in a rush. A $20 bankroll isn't even properly rolled for the .50 on demand games. There is a .10 cent game on ACR every night if you need to play for money but if you are just now getting a roll together you should just keep doing what you did to get that roll until you're comfortable moving up to something for money full time.

DougPkrMonsta

DougPkrMonsta

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
More freerolls - you are risking going broke playing those cash games with such a small bankroll.

You need to have buyins in reserve so you can play profitably and not be afraid of losing a few hands in a row.

There is no need to rush - the cash games aren't going anywhere - build a bankroll and try those when you have a comfortable cushion.

Good luck!

Honeybuns666

Honeybuns666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play another FREEROLL! The problem most people make is that now that I have a few dollars I need to use it, DON'T be in a rush. A $20 bankroll isn't even properly rolled for the .50 on demand games. There is a .10 cent game on ACR every night if you need to play for money but if you are just now getting a roll together you should just keep doing what you did to get that roll until you're comfortable moving up to something for money full time.

^this! Those. 50 on demands are crap shoots! Play the 10 cent tournys and try and win another freeroll. There's other sites you could build up from $26 but ACR is going to be a real grind to do it. Good luck

J

Jam_V92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the best would be to play sit and go of the lowest buy in

iamtoldurghey

iamtoldurghey

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sitngo heads up lowest possible stakes .

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try to play the cash game on small bets, or better to play in tournaments for 1-2-3 dollars with knockout and try to beat out players and get more, tournaments are not expensive but interesting!

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think it is better to continue playing freerolls. Obviously this is a good experience, besides it is free.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can still continue to play freerolls and mix them up with lowest stakes (50 cent) SNG till you manage to build up the bankroll enough. Cash game is more difficult to play and spin and go is too much gambling for me.

A

ankitgupta45

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey,

I would suggest playing 50cents and 25cents tourney on 888poker,,,they r really soft and field is small .So, return seems quite decent to me

B

bugiardops

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your question is interesting. I recommend to play tournaments up to 0.55 with more than 800 players. GL.

R

RicardoTolfo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play MTT KO micro, spin n go, but cash 05 / .1 $ I think it a little heavy. And obviously, continue to the freerolls. The gain may be little, but it is constant and without losses.

BriceNice

BriceNice

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you want to build a BR in the least amount of time, with the least amount of work, MTT's is your answer. And if your an exceptionally lucky person hell give spin n go's a shot.

dcproster

dcproster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would play NL2.There are a lot of beginers on this limit.On limit you can be very profitable.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Keep playing the micro-stakes. If playing free rolls you can always build it that way.

fa1920

fa1920

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you do not feel very safe playing with the money, keep playing freerolls until you build a more powerful bank, otherwise you can play cash tables of 0.01 / 0.02 BB or sit & go mikes of 0.25 / 0.50 / 1 $ in case of that you did not like cash

Polytarp

Polytarp

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
What I am doing is working my way up the player levels to qualify for the largest free rolls possible. Determine what kind of games you are good at that maximizes your player points relative to the rake and your win rate.

Keep playing any and all free rolls you qualify for and have the time to play...look for the best value for the time you have to invest and obviously multi-table where possible.

Play sub and satellite tournaments up to the threshold where you can't spend more cash. If you make the cash in just one game it could be worth it. For instance, by winning a ticket to a larger game and cashing what would be the equivalent time taken to win/earn the same amount playing free rolls/lower stakes/smaller games?

Good free rolls like the one's hosted by CC not only provide a small stake foundation to build on but you can also learn a few things because some of the experts who play those games freely share their opinions on how to play a good game of poker here. You may also meet them on other sites playing at larger stakes and when you do you should notice that they are almost always in the money or close to it.

Last edited:
Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management