2 side pots vs. K high win

armoko

armoko

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
on the board there are two pairs AA and JJ and because other two players have lower pair it means it will take in count only pairs from the board and the next choosing factor will be the player with high card so the King obviously the high card. Hopefully my explanation was clear :)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its called a counterfeit. On paper the river card gave both opponents a better two pair, than they had on the turn, but in reality it was a bad card for them. In was in fact so bad, that they ended up playing the board. You however had the only possible better kicker, and this is why, you won.

X

xrhstos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To put this simply Jacks and Aces are a better two pair than Aces and Tens, Aces and Nines.
In No limit holdem you make the best 5-cards hand with your cards and the board.
So the best hand for your opponents was QJJAA while you had KJJAA.
Hope this makes sense.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hate losing in these situations. The opponent has nothing, and he wins by a double pair on the board and a high card.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hate losing in these situations. The opponent has nothing, and he wins by a double pair on the board and a high card.

I try to not get to emotionally invested in these all in before the river situations. 30% of the time Hero will scoop the main pot, and if he does it by hitting a K, a straight, or a runout like this, does not matter. Its all just math and percentages at the end of the day.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was in a similar situation on Thursday in the Cardschat tournament. I had a pocket pair and the opponent had nothing. He put on all the streets, having only a straight-draw. Two pairs ended up on the table, and he won with an empty hand.