1 tip for Omaha High

jazzaxe

jazzaxe

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you had to give one basic piece of advice to a new Omaha player, what would it be?

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pocket aces dont win as much

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play less hands. Srsly.

No Brainer

No Brainer

Losing keeps me sane
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't play Kh, 9s, 5d, 2c. It's a bad hand

Colbefc

Colbefc

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
99% of the time if you havent got the
nuts you aint gonna win

brackdog

brackdog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you flop two pair in Hold Em, you're in The Happy Place.

When you flop two pair in PLO, you're hanging from the Tree of Woe.

tree-of-woe.jpg

BD

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You must use exactly 2 cards from your hand!!!

Seriously people are dumb.

pcgnome

pcgnome

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you have the nuts try to get as much money into the pot as you possibly can.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lots of nut camping nits ITT.

PC69

PC69

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will try to contribute to the forum a bit here by adding a serious answer here. Might not sound it though. IMO a beginning player in PLO should first note that chasing nut str8 draws and flush draws can cost you a lot of money in the long run when the board is already paired. More so than in NLHE. Alot of the time your already drawing dead because someone alot more times than not already has a boat that beats your potential nut str8 or flush. Its just a thought. Maybe someone who speaks a bit more eloquently than I can compound more on this or correct something I may have said wrong

mrmonkey

mrmonkey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Be like squirrel.

Seriously though, if you're just starting out in PLO just nut hunt, and only see flops if your hand has a good shot at making nuts. Once you gain experience (25,000+ hands) you will then start adding more weapons to your arsenal and learn to read your opponents, but to minimize your mistakes and protect your bankroll at first just BUILD THE POT WITH THE NUTS and CHECK/FOLD THE REST (within reason... obviously don't fold to a minbet or if you have huge equity).

IMO a beginning player in PLO should first note that chasing nut str8 draws and flush draws can cost you a lot of money in the long run when the board is already paired.

True. Not only for drawing situations, but you should also slow WAY down and be happy to fold dependent on your remaining stack size relative to the pot if you HAD the nut flush/straight and then the board pairs on turn or river.

PC69

PC69

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
True. Not only for drawing situations, but you should also slow WAY down and be happy to fold dependent on your remaining stack size relative to the pot if you HAD the nut flush/straight and then the board pairs on turn or river.

If I said this I'd be a ****ing genius. Well not really but shit. Who cares. I like the point made

kmixer

kmixer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In a multiway pot if there is a flush out someone has it. if there is a straight out someone has it. If you don't have the nuts it's almost always a fold when faced with action.

Been playing so much PLO8 lately this thread got me wanting to play PLO. Off to the 01/02 for a while.

kmixer

kmixer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:congrats:

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    86.9 KB · Views: 55
Atticus22

Atticus22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA seldom wins in online omaha.

Yo'd have better luck with a hand like AJT9... and hitting a str8
(suited helps)

For some reason I find that holding a ten is key.

Stay away from mid-range cards like 5789...

gl