What is best to play in the first deposit?

Erik moraes

Erik moraes

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if i deposit $ 20 will it be better to play tournaments or cash games to raise the bankroll?

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It is best to play freerolls and try to increase your deposit. But in general, I do not recommend you play cash games, since $ 20 is a small amount that you can easily lose.

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello! I tried to play different games after the first deposit, only on micro-bets, I settled on cash and small tournaments (when I have time), I advise you to try all the games and choose the one that suits you best

P

possle

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I recommend Sit & Gos for the beginning. Your bankroll should be sufficient for 70-100 buy ins. So i would start with 0,25$ tournaments to build up your bankroll.

S

Schrubbler

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For Cash-Game i would recommend at least 50 buy ins, so in my opinion, highest you should play are 55 cent tournaments

L

Liru

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With 20$ it's to little to make a bankroll, try playing micro stakes, grind it up and reaching perhaps 100$ you can take on the next ladder, starting out with 0.01 0.02 then 0.05 0.10 and so on, but I recommend freerolls and about 2 hours of cash games.

podoloboq

podoloboq

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
When I make first deposit I played on S&G))

A fox 666

A fox 666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
20 dollars is the sum of nothing. For a full promotion you need at least 50 dollars.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I recommend that in order to reduce the variance play microlimits (spin-and-go - 0.25) or (sit-and-go -0.10-360) (0.25 - 45-90) !!!

gravac

gravac

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Micro bankroll micro stakes, simply as that. SnG is the best option here. Slowly but steady. Good luck

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if i deposit $ 20 will it be better to play tournaments or cash games to raise the bankroll?

As a rule, it’s better to immediately choose a direction for yourself and develop in it. If you grab onto everything at once, then you risk not learning anything. It’s better to play one thing and make money from it, than rush from one discipline to another, playing zero or minus. And when you learn to get a positive result in one, you will understand what is needed for a positive game in another variety. If in doubt, start playing the cache. Here we immediately select a strategy.

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Micro stakes + freerolls it’s your only option. What ever you like to play, cash, tournaments or sng, stick with it and play the best you can

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
This is a very small bank roll, but not unplayable. I would start with Sit and Go's, playing no more than $0.50 games. pokerstars offer SnG's from as little as $0.10.

zlajazlaja2

zlajazlaja2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
cash game should by no means be played with such a small deposit. you need to play tournaments, there are a lot of nice ones, so when you win a nice prize and you raise your bankroll up, you can go to the cash :)

SharkyJohn

SharkyJohn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What you are the best at, this is not a good idea to go and play Sit$Go if you are playing it for the first time. Just crush the games you are good at and grow your bankroll. Once you are at that level of bankroll confidence😂 you could start experimenting and having fun. But you can do whatever you want with your money, I just give an advise, you make your choice👍

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Play many freerolls , to expand your bankroll , cause 20$ is not enough to play higher more expensive games . But you can play micro sngs or cash games , see where you are better and you have great results , or at least some profits , and keep on playing them . Maybe start a bankroll challenge on these micro/nano levels . PokerStars has micro sngs or many 9max or 6 max cash games , 9max cash games in most other sites are dead . Tournaments are not recommended imo when you have very small bankroll , gain 100 or even better 200 buy ins and then start playing .

So basically and initially , try the freerolls :)

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Starting

Good morning, in my opinion the best to play are sit gos.
At pokerstars you have a $ 0.25 sit go, with 90 players and 15-minute blinds, it starts with 75bb, 1,500 chips.
With $ 20.00, it is possible to play 80 sit gos, when you start to be profitable in that limit you move up to the most expensive sit go, I hope this information helps you and good luck.:cool:

igroksash

igroksash

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Try all the games at the micro limits, which one suits you the most and play it.

Ronaldo7

Ronaldo7

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wel cash is better, it is only enough to play 20 tournamsnts... Maybe SNGs

Helvec

Helvec

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you should play what you handle best, in which way you feel most comfortable. If you are playing a tournament, then you play tournaments, if you are a player at regular tables, then you play those. You know, play where you feel most comfortable that the results and the money will come.

Luck at the tables:)

fa1920

fa1920

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That is totally personal. It depends on where you have more knowledge is the most recommended place, if I had to recommend that you start with something it would be for cash games, not to make easy money, but to have a solid game that leads you to win a lot of money in tournaments, since Tournament players lack knowledge in certain situations, in short, do what you want.

K

kamciono5

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you should try to play some tournament where will be 40 players max for low buy in. For example buy-in 2.2$ price pool 80-100$. 40 players is not really big competition, and you can win more often according to this your bankroll will be bigger.

And of course you should play freerolls, but i advise you to not play freerolls for for example 250$ with 600+ players because winning in such a tournaments are depend only on luck and in a long term you waste much time on them with really low (or 0) reward.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I recommend starting with at least 60$, because it gives you 30BI for 2NL cash games. If this is really not possible, then I would play the lowest possible stakes SnGs. On PokerStars I would mainly go for the 25c 45-man with 10 min blind intervals. Having 80BI for that kind of tournament is reasonable.

Kingofcapital

Kingofcapital

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey Erik I agree with most of these guys that freerolls, micro spin and go's and micro sit and gos are going to be the best option to help build a bankroll. .25 spin and gos were how I started building my bankroll and exclusively play spin and gos now they are quite different that most game types due to the blind structure and ranges that will be played :)