Statement for Visa Gift Cards?

E

Eman885

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey all, i just made a successful deposit with All-access gift-card. In the email they sent me they said that the deposit would show up as Pstars on my statement. I was curious whether or not we get a statement in the mail considering it is really only a gift card. Thanks for any help.

Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Charcoal Mellowed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, you won't get a statement in the mail, however you can log into your online card acct and see your statement. That's the one they were talking about.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
It is my understanding that alot of the sites will accept a Gift Card visa BUT, you might want to consider making an odd amount for your deposit, ie. deposit say $96.23 instead of $100. Cards will be denied occassionally if you use an exact figure (sometimes). Visa's way of getting around having their gift cards used for poker sites (why would they care?? who knows). Same goes for other regular credit cards, if the site says it will take your's but then it doesn't work,.. this could be why. If you use an odd amount for your deposit you may have more success.
I've just finally heard back from epassporte (damn,.. their customer service is the shits,.. took a month to get a response from over 10emails I sent to them, and on the phone,.. 'forget about it',... huge waits on hold,.. f that I say,.. it's cutting into my poker playing time, lol).
Might just have to throw down a GiftCard Visa onto a new site this weekend as I've got a couple sitting in my wallet that are starting to burn holes in it.
GL on the tables
may you KO the donks on your table!!.. always!!!

GENUCOM

GENUCOM

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hmmm kinda strange they would accept $96.32 and not $100
I'll try for $96 I guess, just hope the prepaid I get will get accepted

I want to deposit at cake, but haven't heard any success stories
or much of anything cake

Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Charcoal Mellowed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't know about cake poker, but using whole numbers with the all access gift cards is not typically an issue that we've heard about here. I think this message is more applicable to actual visa cards, not gift cards (which are in fact different even though they have the visa logo on them).

pappasqueaks

pappasqueaks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
where u get these visa gift cards and what ones shld i use for poker sites?

wayschaff

wayschaff

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i can tell you from experience that the visa gift cards from walmart will not work on full tilt no matter what you do cause i tried them serveral times and ended up wasting $50

Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Charcoal Mellowed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
where u get these visa gift cards and what ones shld i use for poker sites?
The absolute best one to use is the All Access Gift card. Check their online site to find local retailers AND be sure to get the NON-reloadable card. Check out their FAQs for more info, but it's definitely the way to go if your deposit is between $25-$250.

Dewmz

Dewmz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i can tell you from experience that the visa gift cards from walmart will not work on full tilt no matter what you do cause i tried them serveral times and ended up wasting $50

You and me both..I just took $40 back out of the ATM and sacrificed the rest.

pkrplr4116

pkrplr4116

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you EVER wanted to put money on your acct at FullTilt, Absolute or Poker.com, there is a great offer on the Green Dot VISA (do NOT get the mastercard) at Walgreen’s. Normally the CVS activation fee is $9.95 when you first purchase the card. This is what I was charged when I bought mine at CVS. I never bought it at Walgreen’s, but currently, they are charging $14.95 activation this month. HOWEVER almost every month there is a full purchase price rebate for the Green dot activation fee. You get the entire $14.95 back! The form is in the Walgreen's ALL-IN-ONE booklet located next to the sale fliers and/or at the registers
Stars doesn’t accept this card and Epassporte does, BUT it’s quite a hassle to get Epassporte to accept it…and quite time consuming. There are a few very big drawbacks to the Green dot card, but as someone who is VERY PARANOID about giving my SS# to ANYONE, I did it, anyway. They require your real SS#, real name, real address, before they will enable you to use their card. The bank that issues the card is Columbus Bank (either in OH or GA, I don’t recall) but the call center is in india I belong to a service that alerts me if anyone has looked into my credit or if someone has opened an acct in my name or using my SS#, and even after giving them the info, no one has messed with me (so far).
Then, there is the maintenance fee. The Green Dot card charges your acct $5/month for maintenance. So, you think you will ditch the 1st card and they’ll never get the $5/month? WRONG. Why not? They connect you by SS# to any cards under your SS# and they’ll get their money out of you for the months you didn’t pay the fee. Is buying the card and getting the $14.95 activation fee back worth it? Yes, if you can’t get $$ onto poker sites in any other way. No, if you can. How can you get $$ onto poker stars without a credit card? You have to use Western Union. How to do this? I assume you already have an acct at Stars, if you’re on this site. You email WU@pokerstars.com and explain you need a Western Union money transfer/deposit contact name, city and country. They will email you back very quickly. MAKE SURE YOU WATCH THE CLERK. Two different times the clerk wrote the country wrong and the last time, she sent the money in pesos. ALL OF THE WU DEPOSITS MUST BE IN US DOLLARS. And all deposits into WU for Stars MUST BE MADE IN CASH. The vig for $300 in $28.00. That’s a lot of $$. Before making your 1st WU deposit, log onto their site and sign up for a WU gold card. For every dollar you spend with them, you get points on this Gold card. Depending on how much you spend you can use the points for (whatever) I don’t have too many points.

momoney2

momoney2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you EVER wanted to put money on your acct at FullTilt, Absolute or Poker.com, there is a great offer on the Green Dot VISA (do NOT get the MasterCard) at Walgreen’s. Normally the CVS activation fee is $9.95 when you first purchase the card. This is what I was charged when I bought mine at CVS. I never bought it at Walgreen’s, but currently, they are charging $14.95 activation this month. HOWEVER almost every month there is a full purchase price rebate for the Green dot activation fee. You get the entire $14.95 back! The form is in the Walgreen's ALL-IN-ONE booklet located next to the sale fliers and/or at the registers
Stars doesn’t accept this card and Epassporte does, BUT it’s quite a hassle to get Epassporte to accept it…and quite time consuming. There are a few very big drawbacks to the Green dot card, but as someone who is VERY PARANOID about giving my SS# to ANYONE, I did it, anyway. They require your real SS#, real name, real address, before they will enable you to use their card. The bank that issues the card is Columbus Bank (either in OH or GA, I don’t recall) but the call center is in India I belong to a service that alerts me if anyone has looked into my credit or if someone has opened an acct in my name or using my SS#, and even after giving them the info, no one has messed with me (so far).
Then, there is the maintenance fee. The Green Dot card charges your acct $5/month for maintenance. So, you think you will ditch the 1st card and they’ll never get the $5/month? WRONG. Why not? They connect you by SS# to any cards under your SS# and they’ll get their money out of you for the months you didn’t pay the fee. Is buying the card and getting the $14.95 activation fee back worth it? Yes, if you can’t get $$ onto poker sites in any other way. No, if you can. How can you get $$ onto Poker Stars without a credit card? You have to use Western Union. How to do this? I assume you already have an acct at Stars, if you’re on this site. You email WU@pokerstars.com and explain you need a Western Union money transfer/deposit contact name, city and country. They will email you back very quickly. MAKE SURE YOU WATCH THE CLERK. Two different times the clerk wrote the country wrong and the last time, she sent the money in pesos. ALL OF THE WU DEPOSITS MUST BE IN US DOLLARS. And all deposits into WU for Stars MUST BE MADE IN CASH. The vig for $300 in $28.00. That’s a lot of $$. Before making your 1st WU deposit, log onto their site and sign up for a WU gold card. For every dollar you spend with them, you get points on this Gold card. Depending on how much you spend you can use the points for (whatever) I don’t have too many points.

Jane, all of this is the reason that I haven't made a deposit yet. This sounds like a GIANT pain in the ass! No thanks.
I'll just have to stick to my slow but steady freeroll cashes, then continue to try to build from there in the ring games, MTT's, and SnG's. It takes time, but I would be pissed as HELL if I had to jump through all those hoops or had to pay fees to use my own money.
But thanks for the info. If I get desperate, I may have to check this out.

Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Charcoal Mellowed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh please, jumping through all those hoops is absolutely ridiculous and unnecessary.

Simple answer: http://www.allaccessgift.com

Visit their site, find a local retailer, get the NON-reloadable card, pay $4.95 (deposit from $25-$250), keep your name and SS# to yourself, register card online, use directly @ pokerstars.

It really isn't any easier than that.

MissJoice

MissJoice

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The absolute best one to use is the All Access Gift card. Check their online site to find local retailers AND be sure to get the NON-reloadable card. Check out their FAQs for more info, but it's definitely the way to go if your deposit is between $25-$250.
Thanks for the info on the all access gift card. I found I have several retailers in my area. I get mine now from my local bank which I have not had a problem using on poker sites. One thing I found out is to be sure and register your card on the credit card site for online/phone purchases.

Thanks again for the info!

GENUCOM

GENUCOM

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh please, jumping through all those hoops is absolutely ridiculous and unnecessary.

Simple answer: http://www.allaccessgift.com

Visit their site, find a local retailer, get the NON-reloadable card, pay $4.95 (deposit from $25-$250), keep your name and SS# to yourself, register card online, use directly @ pokerstars.

It really isn't any easier than that.

all access is only available in the United States right?

Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Charcoal Mellowed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
all access is only available in the United States right?
I don't know if they are available in canada, but I have a feeling the answer is no. You can try contacting cust service, 1-800-699-9708 and see if that helps.