This is a discussion on Questions about Moneybookers/Skrill within the online poker forums, in the Poker Deposits & Withdrawals section; Im an american that relocated to canada so i could play on pokerstars. I created a canadian bank account and have an address and got
Okay so i just signed up for a moneybooker account. It shows my limit as $1329.70.
It allows you to verify your debit/credit card and that will increase your limit by
+ 6648.50 USD.
1. I have a BMO debit card. When it ask what is your purpose i check this?
I will use the money deposited with this credit/debit card for GAMING purposes [?]
2. I added my bank of montreal account and that would also increase the moneybooker limit by same amount as debit/credit card. That takes 2-3 days based on your experience?
3. For the address verification. Can you guys tell me how long it took you to receive the letter? The thing is i will be moving to another apartment on october 1st so if i verify my address now, the letter should get to my mailbox before then? Of course i will have to update my new address when i move to the other apartment. I read they say it takes 2-5 days but i read online people never received it. Would it be problem if i dont receive it by october 1st and then i tell them i have a new address?
4. I have money in my canadian USD account. How do i get this money to my skrill account most cost effective? I thought it was like neteller where you do a bank transfer and the money goes from the canadian usd bank account to skrill and then you deposit it into pokerstars. But from what i read it doesn't work like that... but instead you need to do a wire or debit/credit card deposit from bank to skrill? So theres a fee to that? I read someone mention that costs $30 to do a wire from canadian usd bank account to skrill. If thats the case, why dont you just wire it from bank to pokerstars? Would that cost more?
5. So skrill charges money whenever you transfer money from canadian bank account to skrill or vice versa? Neteller never charged anything when i did bank transfers from bank of america to neteller and vice versa. I hear about how great moneybooker is but why are they charging fees like that?
6. If i want to transfer 5000 from my canadian usd account to moneybooker account, i have to pay 30-40 dollars? But if i want to withdraw that amount to my canadian bank account, how much is the fee? And is debit/credit card the worst option since the fee is always a percentage?
18th September 2013, 9:33 PM
Anyone can answer this ?
21st September 2013, 2:53 AM
22nd September 2013, 9:20 AM
Poker at: Lock/BCP
Game: NL Holdem
Is Skrill allowed in USA?
I just registered for it but idk if its allowed for USA members to send and accept person2person payments. Like how on Paypal? Can anyone let me know? Thanks!
22nd September 2013, 9:28 AM
Online Poker at: ignition
wow to relocate you must be a die hard fan, although it would be nice tp play pokerstars again
22nd September 2013, 9:29 AM
Poker at: ignition
re: Poker & Questions about Moneybookers/Skrill
how much did it cost for you to relocate there.
3rd October 2013, 5:53 PM
Poker Orifice [17,637]
Originally Posted by paulyd
3.) It actually took 21days for me to receive the 'address verification letter' but my girlfriend received her's in less than 10days. (Interior B.C.)
4.) I can't really answer this question as I already had a decent bankroll online prior to ever opening up a Skrill account. Instead I chose to do an int'l. bankwire for a small amount just to verify my bank acc't. (fee was ~$25 just to send $100). It's best to check with a teller to find out what the best amount to send vs. cost/fee is (I believe the fee goes up once the amount exceeds a certain amount but I am not sure of what it is exactly). I think you'd be better off to just wire the money from the bank to Stars (but I'd also make a small wire from acc't. to Skrill too).
I don't believe the 'Skrill Pre-paid Mastercard' was even available to Canadians until fairly recent (at least it wasn't available the last time I checked it but then last night I noticed it is now available).
I'm curious to know other's experience with the 'Skrill Pre-paid Mastercard'.
Obviously seems like a way better deal for VIP accounts (too bad I'm not moving 6,000 euros in 3mos. for the min. VIP level).
I'm probably going to apply for the Card (maybe today?) & will use it for online purchases but not sure about ATM machine withdrawals. (I read there's a 250euro max./day... am wondering if you're able to withdrawal 250euro every single day?). I do like the idea of no transactions showing up at your bank account if going with this option.