house sits on bitcoin until good price

djasset

djasset

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
has anyone else noticed that all the major US sites will seem to hold onto your bitcoin payout until it hits a certain number? - if you go back and watch the price graph for when they processed the bc sale, it will always be at a peak, which sucks because by the time you realize your bitcoin arrived, it has already lost value... only a big deal of you like to keep it in another currency other than bc.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I had been wondering what the attraction to bitcoin was till I saw a documentary about drug dealers buying/selling on the dark web. I still don't understand what the attraction is to poker players.

DandyWarhol

DandyWarhol

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
don't think of the poker rooms as an exchange... you play in USD and they cashout in USD (via Bitcoin at current market price when processed)... if you are trying the withdrawal when the market is down (to get more BTC) you are using it for a function it's not meant for...

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Hahaha yet another shady practice. So how would the sites know that there is a peak coming rather than a steep drop?

K

KoreasFinest213

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ive never thought about that. It makes grest sense tho. R u also sayin there is a way to exploit somewhere and get bitcoin cheaper thru pokersites?

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
Never had this happen to me they always complete transactions within time given and usually before.

Maybe just happened with your transaction.

There will need to be a descent sample size of transactions for us to say that rooms purposely does it.

Can't say for sure either way but I would not put it pass them especially since the ones that offer Bitcoins are very shady anyways. pokerstars, party poker and 888 Poker do not use Cryptcurrency.

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
nah, i noticed US poker Rooms use Bitcoin because is a good method for them considering some restrictions they have with regulations.

smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I have made money on cash out process due to price fluctuation of bitcoin more than I have lost, I am sure that there are others who have lost more times than they have made money during the process and yet others who have always lost or always won during cash out. Unless you have been on both sides at different times it may seem like the process is one sided but I can say it is not.

M

MarineCJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So what? They are doing whats best for them. Bitcoin allows US players to deposit. Yes it is expensive but still a way to deposit and withdraw. Poker rooms are there to make money plain and simple, but allow us an avenue to play. Capitalism.