re: Poker & FTP transfers
Just had a similar experience with a friend. We've done a ton of transfers in the past (cause he's BAD). Amounts ranging from $10 to $200 at a time, generally from me to him but occasionally he'll go on a hot streak and pay me back on FTP.
Anyway last week he had a "bad day" and I made 3 transfers to him ($100, $100, $250) and he then went on a streak with the last $250 and tried to send me back $450 (he pays me cash if he loses so no biggie). Anyway this time the transfer is declined. We both contact FTP and it turns out that for any transfer over $250 both players need to have a clear deposit history. Basically you need to have made a deposit and a set amount of time has to have passed since that deposit (see email quote below).
* You must completely register your account information (including your full first and last name, and mailing address for both sender and receiver).
* You must have only one Full Tilt Poker account.
* Your request must be a minimum of $5.
* You make a successful deposit with MoneyGram, Western Union, or Click2Pay. (Allows player transfer to be sent immediately).
* 60 days must have passed since your first successful deposit with Instant eChecks, Gatorpay, or Ultra Prepaid.
* 90 days must have passed since your first successful deposit with Visa, MasterCard, or American Express.
Our problem was that he has only made deposits and never cashed out so FTP had never verified his ID (which you generally have to do the 1st time you cash out). So while they'll allow the smaller transfers, they will not let the larger ones proceed.
One interesting note to this story is that he actually got the service rep to give him a phone number and he TALKED to FTP support.