First withdrawal from ACR - I'll never use them again

F

FunkNShine

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First time trying to withdraw funds has been a nightmare. Trying to pull out $500+, I didn't use bitcoin and requested a check. Took about 3 weeks, but they refused to ever give me the tracking info despite saying they had it. Because if it's magically lost, it's $250 fee on you. Anyways check came, went to 3 banks all declared it invalid. Contacted customer support who basically demand I have to go to a wal-mart or 7eleven....the f***?

Fine, fine whatever. Went to a walmart, nope same thing. ACR continued to resist voiding the check and basically stated it was my fault and kept stating that the check was good (which is obviously wasnt)

Finally freaked out enough and had a higher up contact me, allowing me to void the check. Guy was nice and I was appreciative. They stated 12-72 hours on the phone. That was a week ago, i've cotinued to contact them and this is as far as I get

"The usual time frame is 72 hours but there has been no update yet, we will need to wait for the department in charge to give us an answer, since they are the ones who give the resolution."

So basically...no one there knows what the hell is going on. Good times.... Obviously I'll just use bitcoin wherever I move to.

belizebum

belizebum

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Ya, I'm not a fan of bitcoin...just another bubble waiting to burst. I dont play on ACR enough that I have needed a withdrawal, but might have to do the bitcoin if no other way. Checks are no good anymore either. Sucks that it is so difficult to withdrawal, when they take your money so quickly. I am waiting on 888 for deposit issue, but same..wait wait wait

abwil2

abwil2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use bitcoin and have had no rpoblems funds are usually there within 24 hours and i send money to bank. ive cashed out twice from ACR this year one for 980 and another for 1885. As an American id never try a check from a poker site. I havent been able to deposit any other way

P

prizzy711

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate hearing these horror stories from the few sites we can play here in the US.

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi hi
how they say... when in Rome?
?ACR love bitcoin
so i get the wallet thing & they transfer bitcoin into it immediate, no issues no problems
now i have bitcoin (tiny amount) but can use other places make account
i believe ACR is a very good place to play and they honest (plus they allow you Yankees!!! lol)
they just desire deal in bitcoin

Brandlad

Brandlad

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That is exactly why I stick with industry majors like 888 or pokerstars. The poker industry has lot of black and hidden secrets like RNG, Bots issue etc. So, my advice is to stick with Major players only.

abwil2

abwil2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That is exactly why I stick with industry majors like 888 or Pokerstars. The poker industry has lot of black and hidden secrets like RNG, Bots issue etc. So, my advice is to stick with Major players only.

Us American sure wish we could but we are very limited in our choices!!!

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I also need a bitcoin wallet, but so far, I do not know how to create one properly. Maybe one of the more experienced players will recommend something to me?

oldgrinder63

oldgrinder63

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First time trying to withdraw funds has been a nightmare. Trying to pull out $500+, I didn't use bitcoin and requested a check. Took about 3 weeks, but they refused to ever give me the tracking info despite saying they had it. Because if it's magically lost, it's $250 fee on you. Anyways check came, went to 3 banks all declared it invalid. Contacted customer support who basically demand I have to go to a wal-mart or 7eleven....the f***?

Fine, fine whatever. Went to a walmart, nope same thing. ACR continued to resist voiding the check and basically stated it was my fault and kept stating that the check was good (which is obviously wasnt)

Finally freaked out enough and had a higher up contact me, allowing me to void the check. Guy was nice and I was appreciative. They stated 12-72 hours on the phone. That was a week ago, i've cotinued to contact them and this is as far as I get

"The usual time frame is 72 hours but there has been no update yet, we will need to wait for the department in charge to give us an answer, since they are the ones who give the resolution."

So basically...no one there knows what the hell is going on. Good times.... Obviously I'll just use bitcoin wherever I move to.

Thank you for confirming my suspicions about cash outs at ACR, I do not use bit coin either and I was using money gram to deposit, I never did try a cash out but I always suspected that were not to happy about sending out checks to US players. I posted awhile back asking for anyone to tell me if they had issues with withdrawing money like you did. Did not get many replies. I gave up on that scam site saw the writing on the wall, they ended up robbing me for like 4-5 hundred in total. Good riddance you F thieving bastards!

JJP

JJP

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Americans might as well get used to using bitcoin, it really isn't that complicated and you can have funds in your bank account within 48 hours of cashing out easily.

After you do it the first time (just take your time and read before clicking), then it won't be so scary lol.

Make an account at blockchain.com, then register at an exchange like coinbase.com or similar.

When cashing out go ; Poker site ---> blockchain account ----> exchange account (coinbase or whatever) ----> bank account

T

TRocker69

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi hi
?ACR love bitcoin
so i get the wallet thing & they transfer bitcoin into it immediate, no issues no problems
i believe ACR is a very good place to play and they honest (plus they allow you Yankees!!! lol)

Ive been scammed by ACR twice. These poker sites are scam artists:sheep:

Thank you for confirming my suspicions about cash outs at ACR, I do not use bit coin either and I was using money gram to deposit, I never did try a cash out but I always suspected that were not to happy about sending out checks to US players. I posted awhile back asking for anyone to tell me if they had issues with withdrawing money like you did. Did not get many replies. I gave up on that scam site saw the writing on the wall, they ended up robbing me for like 4-5 hundred in total. Good riddance you F thieving bastards!

All WPN sites are scams,and if your in USA they know it and will scam you. I was scammed twice and never resolved, all together close to $400 :nurse::evil:

Last edited by a moderator:
F

FunkNShine

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi hi
?ACR love bitcoin

Nope, doesnt matter, I've now waited for nearly two weeks to have funds returned to me so I can attempt to withdraw in bitcoin. Their time frame was 72 hours. Every time i call them they state they have no way of contacting the financial department and there's nothing they can do. Go ahead call em on the phone about an issue, they'll try to get you to jump to a chat instead, where you'' just get a generic response.

FullStrength

FullStrength

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Invalid?

I requested payouts by way of check and they took around 2 weeks each to arrive. One was last year and the other was in spring. I deposited each by mobile app scan into my Chime Bank. That took about 2 days to clear.

F

FunkNShine

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I requested payouts by way of check and they took around 2 weeks each to arrive. One was last year and the other was in spring. I deposited each by mobile app scan into my Chime Bank. That took about 2 days to clear.

I tried two large banks and two different check cashing places. All stated an invalid account. Guess you got lucky, or as stated by someone else earlier, something has happened with how they handle checks.

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

LOL

A Check!!! :flute:

Really?

Have you contacted ACR using pigeon post or was it telegraph?

Is it year 2019 there where you are?

I've made 2 withdrawals to Bitcoin, WITHOUT EVEN DEPOSITING to ACR. It took less than 24 hours. Some people exchange crypto for like 2%-5% to paypal or via bank card transfer. You can find those who will buy your crypto for 0%. You can even sell it with 2-5% profit to someone who wants to buy it.

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I got a check from them a couple of months ago, got it within a week. Cashed at my bank no problem. So I'm not sure what happened on your end.

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion there is a big elephant in the room here: internet poker is not legal in the US. It is not legal for poker sites and not legal for American citizens to play it. ACR and BOL are taking a chance accepting American players because they want our money, and as of right now are tolerated because their business is small enough for FBI to have more important things to do.

The reason these sites love bitcoin is not because they are posh or futuristic, but because they are a shady business, and bitcoin offers their transactions anonymity, and it is harder for the government to correctly estimate the total volume of their transactions.

Also, as a player, even if you consider bitcoin a scam ( I am not trying to debate that), you still should consider using it for poker deposits and withdrawals, because you also benefit from its anonymity. If for example you receive a tax audit by the IRS for some unrelated reason, the withdrawals from ACR will be addressed during the audit and they will provide leverage to the auditor because even if you payed your fair share of taxes on the poker revenue, you still have engaged in an illegal activity by playing internet poker.

Last edited:
wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion there is a big elephant in the room here: internet poker is not legal in the US. It is not legal for poker sites and not legal for American citizens to play it. ACR and BOL are taking a chance accepting American players because they want our money, and as of right now are tolerated because their business is small enough for FBI to have more important things to do.

The reason these sites love bitcoin is not because they are posh or futuristic, but because they are a shady business, and bitcoin offers their transactions anonymity, and it is harder for the government to correctly estimate the total volume of their transactions.

Also, as a player, even if you consider bitcoin a scam ( I am not trying to debate that), you still should consider using it for poker deposits and withdrawals, because you also benefit from its anonymity. If for example you receive a tax audit by the IRS for some unrelated reason, the withdrawals from ACR will be addressed during the audit and they will provide leverage to the auditor because even if you payed your fair share of taxes on the poker revenue, you still have engaged in an illegal activity by playing internet poker.

You better read up on the laws here in the USA. Playing offshore sites is not illegal. Google it and read the facts. A few States have made it against, but just a few.

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You better read up on the laws here in the USA. Playing offshore sites is not illegal. Google it and read the facts. A few States have made it against, but just a few.

Thank you for correcting me. I googled it and found out I was wrong assuming playing internet poker was illegal for US citizens residing in the US. That's actually good news for me, and I feel relieved knowing I am not actually breaking the law :).

So for anyone reading this please disregard what I said in my above post about internet poker being illegal for US citizens, I was wrong about that. I still stand by my statement of ACR being a shady business though :)

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Nope, doesnt matter, I've now waited for nearly two weeks to have funds returned to me so I can attempt to withdraw in bitcoin. Their time frame was 72 hours. Every time i call them they state they have no way of contacting the financial department and there's nothing they can do. Go ahead call em on the phone about an issue, they'll try to get you to jump to a chat instead, where you'' just get a generic response.

I tried two large banks and two different check cashing places. All stated an invalid account. Guess you got lucky, or as stated by someone else earlier, something has happened with how they handle checks.
Have you tried talking the the ACR rep here on CardsChat, they are usually good at handling these sort of things.

https://www.cardschat.com/forum/poker-rooms-10/official-acr-thread-217550/

Make sure you are polite if you do contact them, the ACR rep has helped many members with problems like this in the past, we don't want them to say FU to us and leave.

Good luck.

:top:

S

sickthis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have made 2 withdrawals from acr by check with no problems. Took about 3 weeks to get the checks. My bank did verify the checks when I deposited them cause they were issued from a Canadian bank.

djasset

djasset

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You really have to use Bitcoin, to avoid these annoyances.

Brandlad

Brandlad

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LOL. Check bounce is a serious offence and I really do not know which authority you should approach for your grievance addressal.

D

Dlbcanuck

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To the first poster I wonder what country you are located in? Is the ACR cheque drawn on a USA account or some other location? Woder if thats part of the problem. I don't have Bitcoin so if I was in the same situation as you I would likely ask for a cheque.