Status
Not open for further replies.
E

emccards

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok so on Carbon poker one of the ways to deposit is through western union. So Carbon gives you some random name in the phillipines to send the money too and then you send the money to that person through western union. I did this however, the money went through to the guy in the phillipines and carbon said my transaction got denied. Now I am down $108!! they scammed me. When I emailed them they said they did not know and just to deposit again. What bullshit.

midgetfactory

midgetfactory

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what are u on about? this doesnt sound right?

F

fkucdaw0rld

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if that's true then im surprised this is the first time i've heard about it....if they really did give u some random name in the phillipines to transfer money to that should have sent up some red flags and personally i would have avoided that deposit method altogether...very strange

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That is how it is done, and many members here have done it successfully, and in minutes the money is in their account. Either you just happened to misspell the name and someone with that misspelled name was expecting a transfer, or maybe you messed up the name, and it will come back, use your tracking number to check the status...

G

genleemb

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always wondered about how the WU option. I just googled around and more or less what pooffy said is on other sites. People have been successfully with these shady overseas transactions. There were some unsuccessful ones too.

All in all it seems too risky for me to try.

"the money went through to the guy in the phillipines" <- Did WU confirm that it was sent AND picked up?

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I've never done a WU deposit, but I've read that all your information on the form must be EXACTLY like it is on your Carbon account, or it will get denied. Double check everything before sending.

TylerN

TylerN

Kool-Aid & Frozen Pizza
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have confirmed a WU deposit

LeanAndMean

LeanAndMean

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I deposited on two different sites with this method. Each time I had to send a scanned copy of the transaction to the site but it eventually worked. so scan your receipt and send it to Carbon.

C

Chemist

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That just sounds too weird for a proper business model.

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
That just sounds too weird for a proper business model.
I know people have had success with this method, but I agree. Seems so shady to me. I'd rather not deposit if I have to do it this way. Maybe I'm being paranoid.

Hotlanta Bob

Hotlanta Bob

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I've recently made a successful deposit on Carbon this exact way (to someone in the Philippines). In addition to what has already been mentioned here, make sure that the clerk enters the funds to be received in US Dollars, not the local currency.

If your transaction was declined, you should be able to contact W.U. and get your money back.

Mentor

Mentor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As other posters have mentioned, the name was likely spelled wrong or the clerk sent the money in pesos.

You should be able to get your money back from WU no problem (as nobody will pick it up from the wrong name / in the wrong currency), but you'll be screwed out of the fees.

TempoShaman

TempoShaman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i have confirmed many deposits WU. never a problem other than a few spellings that were my fault....

but goodluck with merge support they suck and really could give a *********

W

waterboy73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know people have had success with this method, but I agree. Seems so shady to me. I'd rather not deposit if I have to do it this way. Maybe I'm being paranoid.

Agreed, it's shady as hell. But to get around the laws that severely limit the processing options of U.S. facing sites, this is how they (and other sites) do it. Some players would rather do it this way than give an online poker site access to their bank info, which is understandable... If they have to go to this extreme to essential take cash from their customers (in the form of deposits.) Why would you want a company (that has to resort to shady banking processes) like that to have your banking info? It's a double edged sword. Carbon is just doing its best to accommodate everyone the best they can.

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Why are you guys posting in a four year old thread? Tsk, tsk. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.