what would you do in this situation??

I

internetstalker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you hold 9,10 of hearts on the big blind. the pot doesn't get raised so the flop comes up:

6h, 7c, 6s.

you check, theres 2 other people in the pot with you, they both check.

4th street is

8h

you have a straight to the ten with an inside straight flush draw.

you bet, get raised then the third person goes all in.

all three of you have the same amount of money.

and you have no tells on this man as this is the early hands of a home game and you've never met this bloke before

do you call??

B

beatrix

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to call that
There are very few hands he could have that could beat yours

Since he only raised after the 8 came down, he probably has a straight too, or maybe pair or trip 8s.
The guy who went all-in might be bluffing wanting you to think he has your hand

But you have the best hand and unless you get really unlucky on the river you should at least end up with a split pot
(It's very unlikely he has pocket 6s as he probably would have bet small earlier)

You mightn't win this way every time but the strategy is still sound, in the long run you'll win.

Don't worry about losing the odd stack early on in a game, you should only enter when you can afford to rebuy once or twice

V

VegasGrinder

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
full house or Quads is the best hands possible and the only hands that have you beat to this point.

Possiblities of getting beat on the river to a Bigger Flush or a Fullhouse or Quads.

The question is weather you feel like gambling. If you feel you are the best player at the Table than you have to fold. No need to Gamble if you can out play them over the course of the evening.

If they are on a draw they have 7 outs for the flush giving them a 15% chance of hitting on the river. If they have a set and are drawing for the Full House and Quads they only have 4 outs and a 9% chance.

If they have paired both their down pocket cards with the board than they have 6 outs to the full house and a 13% chance of catching.

IF You are beat you have 1 out to the straight flush. A 2% chance of Winning.

Ask these questions of yourself.
Can I beat this Game. If the Answer is yes than fold. If the answer is no tha you call. If you are not sure than you need to ask yourself if you want to Gamble.

Some info you didn't give that is extremely important is the Buy In, The size of the Pot and the Size of the Blinds.

J

Jurveliciouw

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You gotta

You gotta call....chances are they are playing the trip sixes not thinking anybody has the straight or they may even have a lower straight then you. Most times you'll be solid with this hand. Good Luck!

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I'm with the grinder if I feel I'm the best player at the table I would lay down if not I would call.

C

colin_147

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would def call but I would be slightly worried by the 6's. I have been beat with a straight before, the guy hold 6 8 and hits the FH.

I hate that!

D

dbofosho132

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I say you have to call

But, you shoulda went all in after you got ur strait. Plus, you have a reg. flush draw too, remember that. You have so many outs, and one prolly has trips and the other with pocket KK or QQ, just calling becuz their start hand looks good. ALL in, if you lose, no biggie, thats poker sometimes. But more than half of the time you'll win

G

G M O N E Y

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Was this a real hand? I'm curious to hear what the river card was and what the others were holding

I

internetstalker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok well i called, he was holding pocket 8's, so had a full house. my only out was the 7 of hearts.
the 3 of hearts came on he river giving me a flush, but i was beat

thelynx

thelynx

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
with a not to big stack i would call, u have so good cards so often you will win

P

PVeLL

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In that situation YOU HAVE TO CALL. Not only do you have straight, but u also have the straight flush draw. Him pushing all in clues u into one of two things he has crap and is trying to steal that pot, or he made a huge hand with something like 68 that he limped in with or could be holding 88, who knows. But your pot odds tell you to call, you simply have to make that callin that situation, a fold would be the incorrect play.

Atticus01

Atticus01

Paradise Freeroll #4 Winner
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
definitely call....hope no one is holding full house or quads and no one was slowplaying....id say go for it

J

jcav18

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
with no raises??????/

must be careful of the 6-8 6-7 fullhouse. or the slowplay of pocket 6s,7s or 8s. i might fold in that situation depending on the player and the wat of the table.

S

scratch_man

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i would callthat since none of them bet on the flop.

xxxmonsterxxx

xxxmonsterxxx

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If this is big money I would fold, but if you are playing for pennies and buttons I would make the call. If this was at the wsop, well then I'd most likely lay it down. You gotta think that right now there are 5 hands that can beat you and many more that can out draw you...

R

rayzor1748

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
internetstalker said:
you hold 9,10 of hearts on the big blind. the pot doesn't get raised so the flop comes up:

6h, 7c, 6s.

you check, theres 2 other people in the pot with you, they both check.

4th street is

8h

you have a straight to the ten with an inside straight flush draw.

you bet, get raised then the third person goes all in.

all three of you have the same amount of money.

and you have no tells on this man as this is the early hands of a home game and you've never met this bloke before

do you call??
that is tough..... early on in tourney you may have to lay it down in fear they were slow playing you with a higher straight but heck it's gambling so....... I would have called if it were me

5starscotty

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

well you have an opportunity to have the nuts when all is said and done..someone is probably post oaking w/ four hearts putting you to the test because the hand is pretty evident about the straight and flush possibilities...answer=all in :icon_cycl

S

steffne

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would fold, with the possiblity of the full house or four of a kind, not risk losing the game for a str8, w possible flush.

bubbasbestbabe

bubbasbestbabe

Suckout Queen
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would have called but I also would have been taking notes at the table about the players and if I was at this table for a while you would know if you should have folded

K

kasapcho

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
FOLD :) - its cheaper ..... boat for sure .... or it doesn't worth anyway :) - if he is loosive player you will get him next time ....... but for you BB and little bet it doesn't worth and open endet str8 flush never come :) neather str8 neather flush :)

Well its your decision - can you afort it :) - and do you feel like gambling :) flip the coin

Take this situation ..... 5/10$ no limit .... 4 players in pot Jc,10c - pot is like 400$ allready
Flop:
Qc,9c,8d ..... 1st made bet of 100$ 2nd raised to 200$ I called ... 4th foldet , 1st foldet too.

Turn:
4s

other player made bed 400$ and I went all in - he called withought thinking (and this is very loosive table ....... very bad player 2 ...... played with him like 30-40min allready)
river 9s

SHOW / FOLD

his hand Q,9

Was that a bad call or a bad beat ????!?!?!?!?!?:bike: :2in1: :frown:

Last edited:
I

internetstalker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
kasapcho said:
FOLD :) - its cheaper ..... boat for sure .... or it doesn't worth anyway :) - if he is loosive player you will get him next time ....... but for you BB and little bet it doesn't worth and open endet str8 flush never come :) neather str8 neather flush :)

Well its your decision - can you afort it :) - and do you feel like gambling :) flip the coin

Take this situation ..... 5/10$ no limit .... 4 players in pot Jc,10c - pot is like 400$ allready
Flop:
Qc,9c,8d ..... 1st made bet of 100$ 2nd raised to 200$ I called ... 4th foldet , 1st foldet too.

Turn:
4s

other player made bed 400$ and I went all in - he called withought thinking (and this is very loosive table ....... very bad player 2 ...... played with him like 30-40min allready)
river 9s

SHOW / FOLD

his hand Q,9

Was that a bad call or a bad beat ????!?!?!?!?!?:bike: :2in1: :frown:

got to be a bad beat, only 4 cards that could save him!!

A

a_debrie

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd probably hafta call there.....