What mistakes you see in those hands?

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
  1. Nothing.
  2. Pre flop call is fine. Post flop, I might call on a semi dry board but with an early open, I'd lean more to check/folding. Easy fold on the turn.
  3. Solid fold, 100%.
  4. I 3bet post flop with a double gutter to set up the free river. Fold to a 4 bet. Easy fold on turn to pot sized bet. As played, I jam river. You played like you're going for a flush and it hit, play it as such. You gave your opponent ~5:1 to call with a lot of hands, especially 2 pair. Unless they have absolute air or a missed draw, that small bet is rarely getting a fold.
  5. Fold pre or jam pre, no sense in getting ~1/3rd of your stack in with only ~13.5 bbs. As played, its one of the better flops you could ask for without being the nuts. Since you're not folding, donk jam it in with 2 mid overs and a flush draw. You have outs if you get called and you might get better hands to fold on the flop. You give yourself 2 ways to win. Check/calling only gives you 1 way to win. If you're never folding, its better to be the 1st player in the pot.

Acesinthebig

Acesinthebig

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hand number 5... 89 is marginal out of position, not calling a raise given the stacks. I guess once your in, you end up chasing yourself flush, also marginal at best.

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I see no mistake. Or I probably don't realize what could be wrong in these hands.

MoltenAshes

MoltenAshes

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
1. The opening size (6x) is too big. As played, the call to the 3-Bet is fine.
2. Nothing, especially since this person is opening KJ off UTG +2.
3. Nothing
4. I would three-bet this flop to around 22k, given that this board favors you more, and you have an open-ended straight draw, with a non-heart 8 giving you the nuts, and possibly coolering a 5. Would have bet turn and gave up river if you went this route. As played, fold to the turn pot-jam. Once you do call to the river, I believe either checking or jamming is fine. This opponent's line means he never should have a flush (making it more lucrative to jam), but you don't have any heart blockers yourself (making it more lucrative to check). I do not like this 1/5 bet size, unless you know this person overfolds to this bet sizing.
5. Jam or fold pre (I prefer jam but either's fine). As played, I believe donk jamming is the best play.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1) The 6x open raise is only good, if the players behind are very bad and will call regardless.

2) I prefer to let it go on the turn.

3) Standard preflop fold.

4) According so solvers we are actually supposed to mostly raise junk like this against a SB limp. Taking a free flop cant be that bad though. On the flop it seem like a good spot to raise as a semibluff, since you have very little showdown value with 9 high. On the turn facing a potter you should fold. On the river when he check to you, your hand is a good candidate for bluffing, but your sizing is way to small. Push all in representing, that you hit the flush. Since you should have folded on the turn, the river is not really important though.

5) Fold or jam preflop. Given that the short stack was in the big blind, probably fold and hope, he calls and busts, so you level up one place. As played donk shove the flop as a stop-and-go play.

moulan7

moulan7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Completely agree with fundiver.

1) why so large opening? standard call to his allin.
2) I prefer to fold the turn, but can't blame you for calling
3) I can't understand why this hand is here xD
4) fold to the pot size turn bet
5) fold preflop, I don't like villain's sizing. lolz that he had 33, what's going on here xD.
anyway, I prefer to wait for a solid hand to shove or raise with that stack size and I avoid to make calls especially from the sb. ICM is a thing too, so I hope for the small stack to bust before me.

Nr98

Nr98

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1) The 6x open raise is only good, if the players behind are very bad and will call regardless.

2) I prefer to let it go on the turn.

3) Standard preflop fold.

4) According so solvers we are actually supposed to mostly raise junk like this against a SB limp. Taking a free flop cant be that bad though. On the flop it seem like a good spot to raise as a semibluff, since you have very little showdown value with 9 high. On the turn facing a potter you should fold. On the river when he check to you, your hand is a good candidate for bluffing, but your sizing is way to small. Push all in representing, that you hit the flush. Since you should have folded on the turn, the river is not really important though.

5) Fold or jam preflop. Given that the short stack was in the big blind, probably fold and hope, he calls and busts, so you level up one place. As played donk shove the flop as a stop-and-go play.

1. 6x is huge but if we think we don't need to balance at all AND are up against stations (it is a freeroll ofc) then I don't hate it. Default in a normal tourney would be 2.2-2.3x. The all in call is standard.

2. Jam pre.

3. Lol what. Ye insta fold.

4. Pretty sure this is a high frequency check behind pre (reckon we're raising more suited hands like this and offsuit low kings/queens etc.). Flop can go both ways call or raise. But fold or jam turn, we don't have the direct (nor implied) odds to call.

5. Yeah agree with fundiver here, with a hand like this we don't really want to be calling a 4x for a third of our stack oop with a 9bb stack behind on the final table. As we have no fold equity, just fold rather than jam here given icm.

stylebender72

stylebender72

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1- you opened with 6x ��
4- you should have raised to 4bb preflop
it was a raise with a high frequency on the flop
after you called flop it was a fold on the turn
after you called turn it was a x back on the river imo

Vilgeoforc

Vilgeoforc

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fifth hand. Error preflop. There can be no call here without a position with suited connectors. I would play fold. A flop error. A check is a bad game. You need to push first to generate fold equity. Or play a check fold.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands