Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I played a $ 1.10 tournament
final table with 25bbs in But: QQ opened 4x the big Increased to 8x and everyone folded and I gave all in I did the right or was fold?

frank174

frank174

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
not following you here did you have qq and opened for 4 times the big blind and the other player came over the top if so thrn you have to decide has he got u dominated with kk or aa or are you racing against ak its poker you got to gamble im pushing

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Judging by the raise to 8bb of the second player, I would fold.

wsbar

wsbar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Go allin, depends on several factors, when I think of going allin, I think about my life in the tournament, we have to keep in mind that even with a pair of AA, we have a certain% chance of losing, so we have to think about the opponent, amount of stack, what stage of the tournament we are in, the blinds are high. So in my point of view we have to think about what we want.

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion

Theres two ways that can help. One way is if queens were do on table because they haven't been on table much. Another way is a pair of queens hits trips a third of time so all-in pre-flop is a good idea because you fold the small straight and can take a pot. Well anyways its best everyone calls to get the probability case they want.

M

Millie232

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All in. You made a standard raise, they made a standard reraise with a much wider range (will usually just be defending here), so you should get it in with Queens. You easily have an equity advantage against all but two hands, and having those hands specifically is unlikely. If you lose there then it was just some awful luck.

M

matiorzi

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Would be better if you showed that hand on boom, but I'd never fold QQ to 3-bet with 25bb, eventhough it was final table.

ssangyongpoker

ssangyongpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe all in is the right play here

Viper ChipIt

Viper ChipIt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on the other stacks really but you'd have to have like 3 or 4 people with less the 10BB to find a fold. I'll generally stack off here.

John_3_16

John_3_16

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Feel & flow of the cards, the players, the game. QQ is strong. At worst you call 8 BB & see what the flop brings. All-in would be based on your observations & feelings at the time.

Math gives you probability. QQ beats up to 4 players 45% to 80% of the time. They lose 20% to 55% of the time. Math can not make the call. You & your play at that moment has to "feel" & decide. Biggest part of the game is not math but observation & instinct. IMHO...

God bless & GL. :D :cool:

rbackmann

rbackmann

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Following QQ has been a killer thius week

C

Canwai

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion, it is a good decision
QQ is a strong hand

ALL in

jrgum25

jrgum25

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If it were me I'd probably push all in because I have to figure I'm ahead here and in the most likely scenario I'm up against AK. Now my opponent could have Kings or Aces but I don't think I'm good enough to fold in that situation so I'd shove and hope that my read was right that at best I'm up against AK in the classic race.

dedok0525

dedok0525

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Scary when your opponent is raised reraised instead of all-in. This suggests that he is not afraid to play on the flop, since I am sure that he had the advantage and he is afraid that you will drop, but I am sure that call a because you have a good but not the best hand. Difficult.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I assume that in most cases the range of your opponent is of such a hand as: AA, KK, QQ, JJ, AK !!! much less often (and depending on how aggressively you played before), this is 1010.99, AQ, - more often this hand will call !!!

BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
QQ is a strong hand I would have went all in.:):):)

XYZ2123

XYZ2123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
From the button, you probably should open shove QQ with 25BB to deny opponent equity. But since you only raised and he min re-raised you, maybe just call. In micro stakes MTT its hard to tell without knowing more about opponent. Was he hesitant about his hand or trying to induce you. Sometimes people do that with AA or just Ax. Depends on the player.

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
not following you here did you have qq and opened for 4 times the big blind and the other player came over the top if so thrn you have to decide has he got u dominated with kk or aa or are you racing against ak its poker you got to gamble im pushing

more if he just paid my raise, what to do next after flop and did not hit my crack?

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I assume that in most cases the range of your opponent is of such a hand as: AA, KK, QQ, JJ, AK !!! much less often (and depending on how aggressively you played before), this is 1010.99, AQ, - more often this hand will call !!!

So in this case a shove only if I had a pair of AA?

P

Pickat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You had a third option of just calling if you felt he was on AK . Alot depends on your read on the opponent . But a shove in that spot with QQ is still a good play . How did it turn out?

Austria7

Austria7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As poker is a complex game it´s hard to find the RIGHT answer. For me it´s not a mistake to push QQ as a raise all-in or 3-bet all-in if you put your opponents on AQ / AK or pocket TT+. If the first bet/raise is for example AQ and the player behind raise/3-bet with AK you just have to fear a king - two aces are out of the deck and the queen in someones hand is good for you. It depends on the playing style of your opponents as well and ... in a $ 1,10 tournament there are weak players as well.:dancing2:

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Reraising all in with 25BB with QQ is fine. You are only behind AA & KK. If your opponent has you beaten preflop then it’s a cooler, very unlucky. QQ is too good to be folding 25BB especially when you already have invested into the pot. I am never considering anything but shoving in this particular instance.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
So in this case a shove only if I had a pair of AA?

you still have enough chips to continue to fight for first place, but if you are ready to risk that, most likely, 20 <80 AA and KK or 50/50 in the case of AK, then good luck))) I think that at the final table after raising 4bb, a very narrow reraise range !!!! a wider range can afford either (fish) or (chip leader) - with enough chips to risk !!!

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
you still have enough chips to continue to fight for first place, but if you are ready to risk that, most likely, 20 <80 AA and KK or 50/50 in the case of AK, then good luck))) I think that at the final table after raising 4bb, a very narrow reraise range !!!! a wider range can afford either (fish) or (chip leader) - with enough chips to risk !!!

Ah yes, I understood now. Thanks for the information !