quant1986

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Early stage live MTT, rebuy still available, 10-max

UTG+2 (Hero): 50BB , calling station image,
MP1: ~100BB, very loose aggressive, like raising with junk/mediocre hands into pre-flop aggressor flop bet
BTN: ~75BB, tricky type, may be a bit loose preflop (called with 26s in LP) but postflop play is relatively straight-forward

UTG+2 raised with :kh4::qs4: to 2.67BB, MP1 called, MP3 called, BTN called.

Flop: (12BB)
:js4::10c4::8s4:

Hero bet 5BB, MP1 called after thinking for a while, MP3 folded, BTN raised to 18BB. With MP1 behind, I think I can only re-raise/fold.

I didn't put MP1 on flush draw as he is likely to play it more aggressively.
Normally I would put BTN on two pairs or set here but he was a tricky type so I think he could have 89,flush draw hands.

I had a nut OESD and a :qs for backdoor flush draw so decided to shove as my hand has ~1/3 equity on 3-way allin situation. Also my range is uncapped and can represent JJ,TT or even overpairs here
MP1 thought for a while and folded reluctantly.
BTN did't believe I had a made hand and called my shove.

What do you think about my play?

BTN called with QdJd, MP1 claimed to have 8cTc and blamed himself not playing more aggressively

Jblocher1

Jblocher1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I would rather see us x/r this flop because we are drawing and this board is pretty wet. Very unlikely you are going to get all of these players to fold especially during a rebuy period so x/r and call off a jam is probably fine. If you have a station image, an x/r will be really effective at getting you folds from some higher value draws because stations do not x/r draws much

T

TDTODDY

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With 70 bbs it might have been a bit reckless. Great hand to bluff with, if you can get some of these guys to fold.

P

PKRNRS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not clicking reveal yet. I can say I think it is not a good spot to shove. You're c-bet was a little lite but not bad. His re-raise is appropriate. I wouldn't let this hand go so I would just call here. Your stack will lose over 1/5th but I want to get to the river as cheap as I can. Shoving is not horrible but you have to hope for A or 9, i'm not hoping for a spade here. He could already have a higher spade draw. Luckily with it being early stages one can play a bit looser and hope to double up off weaker players or just re-enter if you get busted. I am guessing he has Ax spades or trips.

Reveal- And did you win the hand? You only revealed your opponents hand. Turn and River?

F

formertroll

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how about raising pot instead of 5BB, that would get Ace draws, weak draws, and flush draws to fold (assuming everyone is paying attention. you can still call the all in if you want, but i don't like that either, but take that with a grain of salt since i just said to raise more right before anyone can go all in to re-steal.