need your help,can you fold in this situation???

nutthink

nutthink

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hello I see many player even good player busto in this situation

MTT heads up AKo VS AQs (same size stack)

opponent play c bet from middle position with AKo

you call from button with AQs

BOARD; A 4 7 A 2 (rainbow)

opponent go ALL IN in the river

the question is CAN YOU FOLD??

WebWebber

WebWebber

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never... Top pair with a great kicker. Its stupid to fold with these hand. When i dont know the hand i would think the bet from your opponent looks like Kings...

nutthink

nutthink

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never... Top pair with a great kicker. Its stupid to fold with these hand. When i dont know the hand i would think the bet from your opponent looks like Kings...

thx for answer yeah its very very hard to fold,and this is why AQ sometime is very dangerous to play strong enough to risk our all chips:)

Alexandr Svinarshyk

Alexandr Svinarshyk

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hello I see many player even good player busto in this situation

MTT heads up AKo VS AQs (same size stack)

opponent play c bet from middle position with AKo

you call from button with AQs

BOARD; A 4 7 A 2 (rainbow)

opponent go ALL IN in the river

the question is CAN YOU FOLD??

This hand is very hard to fold, I would have done the same thing myself. It's just not luck (((

Krabbeltje

Krabbeltje

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think you can ever find a fold here because it's HU first and foremost and he definitely could be doing this with a lesser Ace (the same argument that goes for you goes for him as well, i.e. the lesser Ace). It's just a frosty deck and cooler situation ;) :) I think you have to go bust there UNLESS you have a laser sharp and very specific read that he always does this with a better Ace (that would mean specifically AK which is very tough) or he has an Ace with a kicker that now made him a boat and that also is not very easy so yeah!

nutthink

nutthink

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This hand is very hard to fold, I would have done the same thing myself. It's just not luck (((

I don't think you can ever find a fold here because it's HU first and foremost and he definitely could be doing this with a lesser Ace (the same argument that goes for you goes for him as well, i.e. the lesser Ace). It's just a frosty deck and cooler situation ;) :) I think you have to go bust there UNLESS you have a laser sharp and very specific read that he always does this with a better Ace (that would mean specifically AK which is very tough) or he has an Ace with a kicker that now made him a boat and that also is not very easy so yeah!

agree with you both.. its rare to happen but when its happen someone about lose a lot of chips or get busto bcouse its hard to fold.. bad news come when we call..

mcgregor_415

mcgregor_415

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No way you could fold with that cards. Just a bad luck to hit one of the few combinations that could kick you out. You could put away 35 and the other options are small pocket pairs that could connect on the board. Sure call!

nutthink

nutthink

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No way you could fold with that cards. Just a bad luck to hit one of the few combinations that could kick you out. You could put away 35 and the other options are small pocket pairs that could connect on the board. Sure call!

thx for the aswer man.yes AQ in some situation just a perfect trap to bust us out.. who not play AQ right?? damn.. i hope someone can fold in this situation and give me some lesson here.. still wait.. good luck

C

Christoff Andrianos

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course you can fold 'cause it's pokerstars.The opponent can easily have AAA22!!

PokerNuts01

PokerNuts01

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Trips with top kicker, no fold here..

K

kozong

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
im more interested in the flop & turn action

why didnt anyone jam there or shouldnt they

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Never fold there especially in HU situation. If he made a full house good for him.Even If I had a read on him[never shoved before] I would have called.

jimmy andres

jimmy andres

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is very difficult and if you could fold since before you see the hand of your rival you can think that he could complete a full house and seeing that you did not complete you would have two options go all in and see the hand of your Rival or fold, in my case if I had gone all in, since this type of hands rarely occurs.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That type of hand analysis, to difficult to fold would have probably been busted out myself. I always feel why me that I have the bad luck. I believe there is no escape to this hand.

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
That depends on how much is already in the pot.

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Looking for this info i will say next:
1. Fold 100% he got A7.
2. Call 100% he just bluff you.

R

rushdaman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
100% of the time you should not fold those cards, in your situation above most of the time you would lose, but in most other situations you would have 3 aces and a strong kicker. ak vs aq is just unlucky for the person with aq

chisel

chisel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I could not throw off. The situation is pretty good.

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
You already saw the hand?

There is something funny here. in normal play you dont know the opponent cards, so I am assuming the hand is already finish, yea?
well of course if anyone will know the other player hand, will win every hand or fold.
for me is a waste of time to analyze hands after they are already gone. What I the opponent has the nuts? you never know! :deal:

walluyo

walluyo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is something funny here. in normal play you dont know the opponent cards, so I am assuming the hand is already finish, yea?
well of course if anyone will know the other player hand, will win every hand or fold.
for me is a waste of time to analyze hands after they are already gone. What I the opponent has the nuts? you never know! :deal:
ofcourse the hands already finished. and we analyze that hands, that is why we join this forum to learn and analyze hands.

Fenix7

Fenix7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is difficult, we must see how our opponent has been played.
I personally believe that Fold, without top kicker or nut.

A

AviCKter

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What type of tournament is it? Stack size, be specific? What blind level? What info on villain? Bet sizes?
Don't have any information to go with.

cubons

cubons

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It`s hard to fold :) I think it`s a call ;)

mbrenneman0

mbrenneman0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
please read the thing that says "read before posting"

we need more information. if you want to actually learn and get better, you will only get as much out of hand analysis as you put in. if you cant be bothered to read the tips for posting or provide the preflop action, how is any one else going to be bothered to give actual good advice?

Last edited:
Folding in Poker