my mistake

alfiyka

alfiyka

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello dears! In my game I often see the same mistake.When I reach the prize I have no patience and with a good hand I can put everything.And if I reached the final table, I start playing very aggressively, often bluffing and I have a desire to finish the game faster.It turns out I play 3-5 hours patiently to ruin your final table.

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes with blinds rising most people lose patience.

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to do the same.
At the moment I'm much worse...
Almost always when I have many chips, it seems better to go to sleep and see what happend later, rather than keep playing and loose all chips in 1 or 2 hands.

Bev

Bev

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello dears! In my game I often see the same mistake.When I reach the prize I have no patience and with a good hand I can put everything.And if I reached the final table, I start playing very aggressively, often bluffing and I have a desire to finish the game faster.It turns out I play 3-5 hours patiently to ruin your final table.

LOL welcome to my world !!! I hear ya on the playing for hours if I last until the final table -now I am tired as it is usually my bedtime and my patience seems to get there before I do !!!!

ScooperNova

ScooperNova

Hair in a Biscuit
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Some people play tournaments with survival in mind, and some play with an eye towards first place. I've been there late in tournaments, feeling a little to happy with myself for making it that far.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I can also understand how easy it is to get so deep and lose patience too.What I remember is the fact getting to the final is not easy and the big money is in the top 3. While i will wish the game would move faster i still play smart patent poker. Its worth it.

J

jefrock21

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you have to break the tourney down into mini goals.

1. Collect some chips early and stay ahead of average stack.
2. As late Registration nears pick off the people sniping/get some favorable situations against short stacks.
3.Take advantage of tight play at bubble.
4. Tighten up after the bubble because once people survive the bubble it becomes short stack shove fest.
5. Pay attention to ladder spots in pay table to maximize your profit.

This is not expert advice, but some stuff I've used to help my tourney play

Yonip17

Yonip17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah we do same. Sometimes because we played the tournament for more 7 to 12 hours we already loss our patience. Ive learned from playing tournament is to be more patience, wait for the good hands. You must be more tight and aggressive.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
The final table is where you must pay attention. Since you have the skill to final table tournaments make a favor to yourself and be more careful.
No offence here but players like you are my favorite type of opponents because they give me important pay jumps without struggling.

At least ,search for some push/fold tables if you are short stacked , it's a pity to punt after endless hours of playing like that :(

lsbenn

lsbenn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I thought I was the only one to do this. But mine also depends on my mood. If I am tired I push all-in just to finish, but if not tired I am patient. Guess I should not play when tired. LOL

monstr999999

monstr999999

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also often lose patience)))
so rarely in the finals I play... can say - never...)))
:bebored:

D

da22duke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is always interesting to see all the players shove all in within a few hands of making the money

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
I think it'is because of fear. You are afraid that other players are better than you, that they will outplay you and it makes you to make big plays. Work on theory and start to improve, it will make you more confident.

alfiyka

alfiyka

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I respect those who are patient, and I feel sorry for those who have run out of patience.Unfortunately I belong to the second group.In output women played.I got to the final table.And then I thought I should get to four..My mistake.I didn't even think there were three places.I just stopped fighting.In such a situation, the idea that I play so much time for 5-10 $.and I 2 hours to work and what is the main purpose I did-came to the final table.Probably from the fact that I've never played for a lot of money.

Marcwantstowin

Marcwantstowin

Member of the T.S.T
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I suffer the same thing Alfiyka, but what I have learn't is that no matter when you are playing in a tournament, whether in the early stages or on the FT, I always ask myself, by playing this hand, can I get busted? If so, I do not play it, or sometimes I say well let's see the flop and see if it helps, but whatever it is at this point you, as all of us should, is rely a bit on your instincts as they often are not wrong.

Good luck, and I've see you on a few FT's on the league, and seen you do the same thing as you said above. It is all about instinct, and learning, the patience will come.