club.gif
(2 players)
bb checks, Hero checks

Bank: 8bb
River: 8
diamond.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets 5.5bb, bb rereiz allin

Question! What do you think the big blind could have in that case? And justify your opinion a little. Unfortunately, I can’t give any prize, but perhaps this decision will be beneficial for you in the future! ;)

K

kkonicke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would note that BB also checked to you on the river considering you are on the button. There are no straights or flushes on this board. And him check raising on the river is a bit too suspect considering you checked the turn. I can't see him having any sets, I personally would make the call. Once in a while you'll run into some weird 2 pairs like 8 4 and the guy trying to be overly tricky, but most of the time it will probably be a missed flush draw.

S

sergiu2222

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
can have anything .... can play slow even with AA

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Best guess villain pretends to holds either K with reasonable kicker, or 2 pair, maybe even a set.

revizor

revizor

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Best guess villain pretends to holds either K with reasonable kicker, or 2 pair, maybe even a set.

Imagine you are a hero. Would you believe him? Complementing the scene. Prior to that, no one caught him on bluffs or some incomprehensible hands in a few hours of play.

revizor

revizor

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would note that BB also checked to you on the river considering you are on the button. There are no straights or flushes on this board. And him check raising on the river is a bit too suspect considering you checked the turn. I can't see him having any sets, I personally would make the call. Once in a while you'll run into some weird 2 pairs like 8 4 and the guy trying to be overly tricky, but most of the time it will probably be a missed flush draw.

I really like your understanding, but don't you think that with a small stack, he is just trying to let you bluff?

mitroff

mitroff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Statistics on the opponent would be very helpful. If we consider that this is an adequate player, then any king with a good kicker. It is very important how you played before. There is no universal answer, too many dependencies.

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Imagine you are a hero. Would you believe him? Complementing the scene. Prior to that, no one caught him on bluffs or some incomprehensible hands in a few hours of play.
In that case, that chance that villain has the best hand increases.
Maybe villain 3bets the river because he 'read' that hero doesn't have a good hand.

revizor

revizor

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In that case, that chance that villain has the best hand increases.
Maybe villain 3bets the river because he 'read' that hero doesn't have a good hand.

therefore, the situation is not as simple as it seems, and I will say what he had as soon as the others who responded to the post and explain his position.;)

revizor

revizor

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Statistics on the opponent would be very helpful. If we consider that this is an adequate player, then any king with a good kicker. It is very important how you played before. There is no universal answer, too many dependencies.

Imagine that this is a regular multi-table tournament in which you play with this opponent for several hours. Yes, and I perfectly understand that the exact answer can be only after opening, but it can cost too much. If this is considered as a value bet, what will pay us? And I admit that the fish would have done this donk-bet! From the side of another player, can it be leveling? I mean - he thinks what I think he thinks

mitroff

mitroff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Imagine that this is a regular multi-table tournament in which you play with this opponent for several hours. Yes, and I perfectly understand that the exact answer can be only after opening, but it can cost too much. If this is considered as a value bet, what will pay us? And I admit that the fish would have done this donk-bet! From the side of another player, can it be leveling? I mean - he thinks what I think he thinks

After the check, the turn is clear that you do not have a king, your opponent remains in the range of kings, even after the river check. Think about what he paid your flop bet with? Why do you bet river? All the hands that we beat do not pay us such a bet. I think the river needs to play a check against an adequate opponent.

revizor

revizor

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After the check, the turn is clear that you do not have a king, your opponent remains in the range of kings, even after the river check. Think about what he paid your flop bet with? Why do you bet river? All the hands that we beat do not pay us such a bet. I think the river needs to play a check against an adequate opponent.

I really like your understanding of the situation. And then why does the hero bet on the river if he is better to check. So, you come that if we consider that we are playing against a seriously minded opponent, we should fold!?

mitroff

mitroff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really like your understanding of the situation. And then why does the hero bet on the river if he is better to check. So, you come that if we consider that we are playing against a seriously minded opponent, we should fold!?

You are on the BB with flush-draw, on the flop you pay the full pot, the turn check-check, on the river the bet is 2/3 of the pot. You have a flush-draw, probably your opponent's flush-draw is low. Will you bet allin? Or is it better to choose such a line of game with the king? I would play river fold. How did you play?

K

kkonicke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really like your understanding, but don't you think that with a small stack, he is just trying to let you bluff?

Maybe, I guess. If I'm the BB, after the turn check I'm putting BTN on a 9, flush draw, or air c-bet. 98 is definitely in the BTN range. Entering the river, if BB was playing a weak K slow...I think a thin value bet or check/call makes sense, I personally would be inclined to value bet as most 9s will probably call. A check raise is a super strong/polarizing move and essentially turns this hand into a bluff as most J 9 type hands that you actually have are going to fold...as are flush draws and air. It just doesn't make sense to jam like that unless you have a weird 2 pair, or airballed your flush draw. Of course, the initial description didn't factor in player tendencies...which may sway my decision. With no player tendencies to lean on, I'm sticking with my call...for better or worse.

C

Cloxy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With A10+ or K10+ or Q10+ or J10+ or 10 10, he would raise on preflop I think. It looks like a failed try to bluff or something strong. I also think that he could have gotten the flush dro in the flop. Also, he can easily have a range from 89 to 84. If we don't know this player at all then we should call. But if he showed the good play on the table then it's a hard fold. That's my opinion. So, what did he have?

W

whosdaboss25

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The guy got lucky and caught a set of 8
s on the river the way he bets you know he did because they pretty much bet straight forward
in the micro stakes game and he took a weak line until the 8 fell bam he caught that set of 8's
and went wild on you.

revizor

revizor

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You are on the BB with flush-draw, on the flop you pay the full pot, the turn check-check, on the river the bet is 2/3 of the pot. You have a flush-draw, probably your opponent's flush-draw is low. Will you bet allin? Or is it better to choose such a line of game with the king? I would play river fold. How did you play?

Let's define in terms! We know cards only one player, respectively, we are a hero!
We think from his face!
And we cant put HERO on a flush draw, beaucose we know his cards.
But then this is not the button, you speak from bb position.
From button posiition i might think what his call on flop and check turn maybe with flush draws.

revizor

revizor

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe, I guess. If I'm the BB, after the turn check I'm putting BTN on a 9, flush draw, or air c-bet. 98 is definitely in the BTN range. Entering the river, if BB was playing a weak K slow...I think a thin value bet or check/call makes sense, I personally would be inclined to value bet as most 9s will probably call. A check raise is a super strong/polarizing move and essentially turns this hand into a bluff as most J 9 type hands that you actually have are going to fold...as are flush draws and air. It just doesn't make sense to jam like that unless you have a weird 2 pair, or airballed your flush draw. Of course, the initial description didn't factor in player tendencies...which may sway my decision. With no player tendencies to lean on, I'm sticking with my call...for better or worse.

You have described the ranges very well and positions from 2 sides are quite understandable. Your call is clear.:)

revizor

revizor

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With A10+ or K10+ or Q10+ or J10+ or 10 10, he would raise on preflop I think. It looks like a failed try to bluff or something strong. I also think that he could have gotten the flush dro in the flop. Also, he can easily have a range from 89 to 84. If we don't know this player at all then we should call. But if he showed the good play on the table then it's a hard fold. That's my opinion. So, what did he have?

great one more vote for call

revizor

revizor

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The guy got lucky and caught a set of 8
s on the river the way he bets you know he did because they pretty much bet straight forward
in the micro stakes game and he took a weak line until the 8 fell bam he caught that set of 8's
and went wild on you.

and another vote for fold. is accepted:D

C

Cloxy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just wanted to add that ... really cool post man ))) I'm so excited to know what a hand mystery BB had ))))

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You say he hasn't got out of line in a "few" hours of play,,,so i would be inclined to believe this play and fold. :)

revizor

revizor

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I ask apologies me for temporary disappearance!!!

I ask apologies me for temporary disappearance, as I had a limit on the number of publications per day!!
So my friends, you can all praise yourself! Since here you could rather rely only your feelings! And although the answer is only one! But in fact, I personally think that both of these are taking place. Because you have been told a very very convincing story.
BB had - Q
club.gif
club.gif

Now I am sure that you will understand what he put you with 95% likelihood and understand the course of his thoughts.;););)
Thank you, everyone who decided to participate in solving this riddle, and I was very interested in your answers !!!:):):)

AlexBlefer

AlexBlefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
because limped, i think player on BB have 93 83..43,, fold is very good option for you :):cool: