KK vs two followers (flop)

PokerNuts01

PokerNuts01

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Since I got two followers I did not want to let them cheap turn.. I played this good or bad?

PokerStars - 50/100 NL - Holdem - 9 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

SB: 13.83 BB (VPIP: 50.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, hands: 8)
BB: 18.4 BB (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: -, Hands: 1)
UTG: 13.5 BB (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: -, Hands: 1)
UTG+1: 62 BB (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: -, Hands: 1)
MP: 6.4 BB (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: -, Hands: 1)
MP+1: 68.42 BB (VPIP: 100.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: -, Hands: 1)
MP+2: 13.1 BB (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: -, Hands: 1)
Hero (CO): 36 BB
BTN: 7.95 BB (VPIP: 100.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: -, Hands: 1)

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has K:spade: K:heart:

fold, UTG+1 raises to 2 BB, fold, MP+1 calls 2 BB, fold, Hero raises to 6 BB, fold, fold, fold, UTG+1 calls 4 BB, MP+1 calls 4 BB

Flop: (19.5 BB, 3 players) 3:heart: T:club: 5:spade:
UTG+1 bets 3 BB, MP+1 calls 3 BB, Hero raises to 16 BB, fold, fold

Hero wins 28.5 BB

K

kozong

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
looks good to me

betting 16bb into 25bb pot seems normal

Alexandr Svinarshyk

Alexandr Svinarshyk

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very good, in my opinion
It is better to take something than lose.

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You got 28 BB - a good result for a pair of cowboys.

PokerNuts01

PokerNuts01

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You got 28 BB - a good result for a pair of cowboys.
Yes, I did not want to see an A on turn lol :) There is also a possibility a straight (2 or 3 on turn) or backdoor flush.. no cheap card from me :)

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Seems good with a 3way pot and the board you got. the sizing is spot on with how I would of bet.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Good result , my only objection here is if you lost some value because it is a dry board and you bet more that 50%.But since you didn't have history with those opponents I bet that it was the most +ev move.You took down this bbs right away.
When I have such a strong hand in general I check back and let my opponent bluff in order to balance my range. Nice hand anyways :)

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very little squeeze. Another moves was good

A

Andy_bragagn

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe I'll have the same actions that you did. So, for me it seems like the right move.

B

blackbill44

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well played.. i would raise more preflop but the job done anyway.

ribaric

ribaric

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
good play there must be reraise on that flop

P

PokerLab

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
maybe 11BB or 12 BB

maybe bet size a little smaller or if you want to extract you could have slowplayed & analyzed the turn

P

PKRNRS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Smaller bet of 9BB would suffice or maybe just a flat. They both had something and wanted to see the turn for cheap. A little surprising they bet so lightly when cold-calling a raise. I don't ever curse an easy pot. Even if you had flat called in the flop I don't see the opponent betting after the turn.

Last edited:
P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think it's ever necessary to worry about runner-runner flushes hitting. It's only a 4% chance if it happening. So, yeah...don't worry about it.

What straight draw hands can they be raise/calling 3bets with preflop on that board? Probably not a lot. Maybe A2s or 67d for gutshot draws. 46s is possible, but not very likely.

So, we're likely looking at a lot of broadway type hands like KQ, KJ, 10J, etc. A/X hands or small-mid pairs that haven't made a set. And KK crushes all those hands and the Ace draw. If one or both players are holding an Ace, i'm not really worried about an A on the turn popping up too often as it's a 4-6% chance it does.

On flop, I think flatting or 3betting a little less is more optimal. If we flat, we allow our opponents to improve a little to where they might call off a big turn bet/shove. If our opponent has a hand like KQ or QJ, then I want them to hit the turn or at least improve their draw a little as I might bet paid off by KQ if a Q hits the turn. Also, by flatting, we don't give away the strength of our hands and open up opportunities for bigger turn bets by either villain which we can jam for 27 BBs and get paid off for.

As far as 3betting, I think making it 9 BBs is the better option. If they fold, it's just as effective as the 16 BB 3bet you made. However, since we're looking to extract value and double up with our big hand, we want at least one villain to come along for the ride so we can set up a nice turn/river jam that gets paid off.

On such a dry board, you lose value by allowing your opponent to fold too easily with your huge 3bet on flop. While you did pick up a nice 28 BB pot, you essentially gave up an additional 27BBs that you had behind by forcing the fold and I think you could've squeeze out a bit more value with KK.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You played correctly in this hand. You need to protect your hand.

Y

Yura Nabok

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good result!good play there must be reraise on that flop

B

bumerangue

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Someone with an A would have about 10% to hit it on the turn (3 outs out of 31 cars left). I guess you should worry, in most cases, with a possible 2 pair, since there are more outs to hit (about 5 outs, giving about 16%). (Please, correct me if these calculations are wrong).

So, based on this, your bet gave about 45% instant pot odds. I guess its a correct play, because, as you said, cant let it too cheap. But sometimes you got to think how much would you extract, keeping your opponent doing a wrong play, calling with the wrong odds

mcgregor_415

mcgregor_415

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You did it almost perfect. I would bet 8BB preflop. The flop raise is perfect for killing A. Nice and smooth play. You collected nice stack without risking.

T

trent32la

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
3B larger pre, would make it 7-7.5bb.

As played, I make it 10bb and shove most turns, this board is pretty dry and we don't want to scare off Tx.

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, but I did not want everyone to fold

Okay, if 1st raiser calls your squeeze with Ax (AJ, AQ etc), 2nd player take a good chance of bank to call with any too. So you get 55%-60% to win with KK oO You really need it?? And if you will see 789 flop, or JT7, or JQ9, or T89, or Axx, etc - your hand just a bluff catcher in 3way pot. You can raise only 729, J29, Q79 and something another flops without DRO.
P.S.: you doing squeeze like another players, but you dont know why they do this.