it is difficult to enter ITM on a cards in PS

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
that was the boom hand of the latter. Today we will try again. But the staff is very strong and very difficult. Thanks to cards for these opportunities, I am very happy to be part of this group

pokerstars, Hold'em No Limit - 10/20 - 9 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat

skazkaden (UTG): 3,210 (161 bb)
raphaleaphar (UTG+1): 2,960 (148 bb)
rayrc (MP): 2,730 (137 bb)
xexeu07 (MP+1): 2,970 (149 bb)
Ananke222 (LP): 3,370 (169 bb)
1Milhão$emNada (CO): 3,775 (189 bb)
kokusa75 (BU): 2,965 (148 bb)
giancarlomen (SB): 2,675 (134 bb)
cook2cards (BB): 2,345 (117 bb)

Pre-Flop: (30) Hero (1Milhão$emNada) is CO with A 5
skazkaden (UTG) raises to 90, 4 players fold, 1Milhão$emNada (CO) calls 90, 1 fold, giancarlomen (SB) calls 80, 1 fold

Flop: (290) 7 A 5 (3 players)
giancarlomen (SB) checks, skazkaden (UTG) bets 322, 1Milhão$emNada (CO) raises to 742, giancarlomen (SB) folds, skazkaden (UTG) raises to 2,711, 1Milhão$emNada (CO) raises to 3,685 (all-in), skazkaden (UTG) calls 409 (all-in)

Turn: (6,530) 9 (2 players, 2 all-in)

River: (6,530) 8 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: 6,530

Showdown:
1Milhão$emNada (CO) shows A 5 (two pair, Aces and Fives)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 40%, Flop: 15%, Turn: 8%, River: 0%)

skazkaden (UTG) shows A 7 (two pair, Aces and Sevens)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 60%, Flop: 85%, Turn: 92%, River: 100%)

skazkaden (UTG) wins 6,530

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are software that runs ICM and equity calculator. Not familiar enough with those managing software to know how far they go with ICM.

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is an early hand and not a bubble hand for sure - we should be willing to get it in here with 2pr getting value from all other overplayed Ax hands. We run into one combo where our opponent has us crushed - its a cooler and such is poker. Nothing can be done - chalk it up and move on. These things will happen just as well as set over set

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't mind the flat pre flop as long as you know what you are going to do if you are 3 bet behind you and also you don't mind playing the hand 3 or more ways as most of the time at least someone behind you as in this case will at least call if not more.

Before we get into the flop I would ask did you know anything about the villain? Loose or tight pre, agressive or passive post, etc? This helps to know a little something since it will dictate in cases like this whether we are prone to get more value calling or raising post flop. The more aggressive he is the more we can let him hang himself (I know we lost the pot but the idea still holds).

On the flop with villain betting out I would put him on a Ax heavy range and also the possibility of big pairs 9s+ (thats with having no info and would change if knew other details). If he was an aggro player I would go for calling behind and letting his Ax bet on the turn one more time before raising. I know that if he has top pair he will probably call my raise but some players also get weary of any raise on the flop. If he has something like A10 he could find a fold if he is a decent player to a raise. Raising is not a bad thing by any means just saying I think we get slightly more value vs an aggro player by calling behind. If you are going to make the raise as you did I think it should be larger than what you made it. Maybe something like 3x instead of the smaller raise you made. I am not worried about getting the chips all in by the river since your raise will accomplish that but I wouldnt want to give off any bet sizing tells from a small re-raise.

When he re-raises you need to think about the range of hands he would be doing this with. We have two set blockers so to me its 77, A7, or AQ+ depending on villain (I don't see many bluffs unless we have a read on him that he is capable of that). I would discount A7 a bit due to him raising UTG but I dont know anything about him. That leaves us in a tricky spot as we are beating some hands he would do this with and lose to others. This would have to be a feel play to me as to what I was thinking and feeling at the time of the hand. I would lean towards going all in as you did and hope for the best. Tough hand here that is just one of those bad luck spots.

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are software that runs ICM and Equity calculator. Not familiar enough with those managing software to know how far they go with ICM.

I did not understand your comment?
I'm talking about ITM ... why are you talking about ICM? do you think i miscalculated the ICM to play that hand? isn't it + EV?

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is an early hand and not a bubble hand for sure - we should be willing to get it in here with 2pr getting value from all other overplayed Ax hands. We run into one combo where our opponent has us crushed - its a cooler and such is poker. Nothing can be done - chalk it up and move on. These things will happen just as well as set over set

Yes true! a lot of emotion! hahahahaha and the worst is not it i put the villain in this range too and predicted disgrace ... even more by the way he played..hahahaha

M

moshie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is a cooler both of you have suited aces pre flop. And you both hit the flop hard. Could You really lay that hand down on flop if he raises again on the flop? If not you committed yourself to going all the way with it.
Do you think there is anyway you going to be able to get away from your hand?
If the last Ace came on the turn ,absolutely no way out.

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Look at size of cbet. It was overbet. His range has better hands or monsrdro. So, you may play raise-push on the flop. Because I think you have no foldequity here.