Insane Board

Timmah120

Timmah120

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello all! I'm not quite sure where to post this, but I have to share. Was playing on Bovada this evening and experienced a crazy runout between two players (I folded my 9h4h preflop). Take a look at this screen shot from the hand re-player.

Apologies if this is the wrong place for something like this.

Attachments

• crazy.jpg
    crazy.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 29
sequoia

sequoia

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Recently i saw a similar situation, with a third guy who has ace(for example), crazy cooler.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The player has 4 outs with pocket jacks on the river and wins. All right, just Bovada takes the example of pokerstars.

Timmah120

Timmah120

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The player has 4 outs with pocket jacks on the river and wins. All right, just Bovada takes the example of PokerStars.

Well, the player with JJ had the player with 10-10 crushed preflop, which is when most of the chips went in. 10-10 got really lucky catching 1 of 2 cards to help him on the flop, goes on to make a full house on the turn with two aces, and loses to a third ace on the river, giving JJ the higher full house.

To me, it went from JJ thinking "you've got to be kidding me," to "my goodness, what the heck?" to finally "wow, I can't believe that just happened."

It was interesting to say the least.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, the player with JJ had the player with 10-10 crushed preflop, which is when most of the chips went in. 10-10 got really lucky catching 1 of 2 cards to help him on the flop, goes on to make a full house on the turn with two aces, and loses to a third ace on the river, giving JJ the higher full house.

To me, it went from JJ thinking "you've got to be kidding me," to "my goodness, what the heck?" to finally "wow, I can't believe that just happened."

It was interesting to say the least.
Such emotional swings could take a toll on the players at your table. I once had a full house on the flop and lost everything on the river. It throws you out of balance. Luck is fickle. I can give you an example of racing. First you get ahead, then you are hopelessly overtaken, but you somehow miraculously overtake everyone at the finish line. Imagine that the player with the 10 10 hand is you. Would you rather lose when you see your opponent's best hand on the preflop or participate in such races?

Timmah120

Timmah120

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Such emotional swings could take a toll on the players at your table. I once had a full house on the flop and lost everything on the river. It throws you out of balance. Luck is fickle. I can give you an example of racing. First you get ahead, then you are hopelessly overtaken, but you somehow miraculously overtake everyone at the finish line. Imagine that the player with the 10 10 hand is you. Would you rather lose when you see your opponent's best hand on the preflop or participate in such races?

Haha, good point there. I think I'd rather lose when I saw the JJ.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is called a counterfeit, and its often kind of a "WTF" feeling, when it happens, because its not a possibility, we think so much about. But at the end of the day its all baked into the math, and if all the chips went in pre, it does not really matter, who was ahead on the flop.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you play poker a lot enough, you will see more "interesting" things than that.